out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The more I think about it, the more I appreciate the fact that we played safe that game. A loss then would probably have crushed this team mentally. Now we look like a completely different team on most match days and you can see the improvement in attitude and effort on the pitch. I keep waiting for a repeat of the Napoli debacle, but thankfully that doesn't seem like it will happen this season.
that's a good take. i still think that we should have gone for the win. even last year's jj beat inda twice in the league... showing them balls early in the season would have been nice.

anyway allegri is good enough in estimating required points for our targets, that's what he always did. i just hope we won't miss those 4 points at the end.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
First game I've watched probably since November or maybe September.

Thought some of our passing playing out from the back was really slick. We don't look like a top team but we looked far more positive in terms of creating chances than we did last year or early this one. Good to see.

Aug 2, 2005
The question is, even if we have a perfect season, would you guys still find a reason to trash Allegri.
I am so against keeping Allegri (simply cause over-pragmatic coaches are not my first choice, not going to discuss other reasons as it is useless now since we are no where close to where we should be and out of CL)
and will live with whatever decision the management makes this June or next year.

So far, he is exceeding my own expectations in terms of results and performance...

Different squad, different tournaments we are playing.. then it will be a different discussion

There is nothing to trash him for this season as long as the results are coming even if the setup/style/game plan is all short-term.. with this squad, we are going nowhere anyway..

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
The more I think about it, the more I appreciate the fact that we played safe that game. A loss then would probably have crushed this team mentally. Now we look like a completely different team on most match days and you can see the improvement in attitude and effort on the pitch. I keep waiting for a repeat of the Napoli debacle , but thankfully that doesn't seem like it will happen this season.
That's what's keeping me from believing in success for this season. I am so happy about latest results and way we play but last season we were on similar ten games wining streak until Napoli game crushed it all.
Like you, I also think we are mentally stronger this year and no such scenario will happen this season.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That's what's keeping me from believing in success for this season. I am so happy about latest results and way we play but last season we were on similar ten games wining streak until Napoli game crushed it all.
Like you, I also think we are mentally stronger this year and no such scenario will happen this season.
We really weren’t. We won 8 games in a row in the league, but had lost 3 in the CL in that period including to the Israeli farmers team.

This season we haven’t lost in 18 matches now (15 wins-3 draws). We also have only 1 loss in 23 matches all season.

We may still get a wake up call at some point over the quality of this team, but this streak is nothing like the little streak from last season.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
We really weren’t. We won 8 games in a row in the league, but had lost 3 in the CL in that period including to the Israeli farmers team.

This season we haven’t lost in 18 matches now (15 wins-3 draws). We also have only 1 loss in 23 matches all season.

We may still get a wake up call at some point over the quality of this team, but this streak is nothing like the little streak from last season.
Maybe the "little winning streak" wasn't good like this year, but hope and appetite of the fans were on the rise at that point. There were similar discussions on this forum like we see this year too.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

It is incredible record if you consider who starts most of our games. I do expect some wake up call soon because it's such a mediocre group, prolly the worst side over the last +10 years. McKenny, Gatti, Kostic, Weah, Rugani, Miretti... Those players few years ago wouldnt be allowed to enter stadium. Right now they are donning our shirt. Legendary stuff from Al-legri. Insallah.

- - - Updated - - -

Gm

let’s argue gents and lasses
:rambo:

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
It is incredible record if you consider who starts most of our games. I do expect some wake up call soon because it's such a mediocre group, prolly the worst side over the last +10 years. McKenny, Gatti, Kostic, Weah, Rugani, Miretti... Those players few years ago wouldnt be allowed to enter stadium. Right now they are donning our shirt. Legendary stuff from Al-legri. Insallah.

- - - Updated - - -

:rambo:
Stop mentioning Kostic in every post, you obviously don't understand it's not helping your narrative. Kostic was voted best player of the EL before the fraud ruined him.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
First game I've watched probably since November or maybe September.

Thought some of our passing playing out from the back was really slick. We don't look like a top team but we looked far more positive in terms of creating chances than we did last year or early this one. Good to see.
I have watched only two full matches this season. Haven't been in the mood for football and honestly at this point I'll probably jinx the team if I started again.

They're winning. It's what matters.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Stop mentioning Kostic in every post, you obviously don't understand it's not helping your narrative. Kostic was voted best player of the EL before the fraud ruined him.
Lol He's 32 yo and his decline has to do with his age. He also doesnt have many facets to his game so losing a bit of speed, that extra half a step and he cant even get enough room to make a cross which was the strongest point in his game. Another thing, the best EL player? Quite a feat. However since you expect strong CL campaign, for that we would need more champions in the team and former EL player of the year doesnt cut it.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the "little winning streak" wasn't good like this year, but hope and appetite of the fans were on the rise at that point. There were similar discussions on this forum like we see this year too.
Imagine saying this with a straight face... We have 11 pts more than last season. The last time we won more points, Allegri was our manager in 2018/19 season.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 82, Guests: 576)