out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And somewhere in some parallel universe, Allegro radicals are dreaming about their Talibani overlord handing PSG that elusive CL :D

Saudi league is about his level. Hopefully I don't have to see his ugly, constipated face after this season.
The only good thing about Allegri staying another year would be watching Sarri throating fruitcakes like you and Maxi and Dingus having weekly aneurysms. :)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
It's not a matter of not worth it. This is a completely different Juventus from the one i started cheering for, the real fino alla fine from top to bottom.
The current juve is the antithesis of that. Not only does it stands for completely different values, but these new ones are utterly repugnant, if they were displayed by a person i would find nothing but contempt for them. Passive weakness and not doing all you can until the very end is pathetic, despicable and for losers. And i absolutely despise losers.
And Allegro is at the forefront of it

From 2018-23, this club is a mess. Allegro's coached this club for 3 out of those 5 seasons.

His decline has coincided with JJ's decline. He lost his mojo long ago and its no wonder that incompetent people in this management reappointed a clearly past it coach.

Send him to the desert asap

- - - Updated - - -

The only good thing about Allegri staying another year would be watching Sarri throating fruitcakes like you and Maxi and Dingus having weekly aneurysms. :)
If making false claims like this helps you sleep better at night, then good for you. Claiming people to be Sarri throaters just because they dislike Allegro is a typical intolerant view of a radicalized Allegro fanboy.

A rehabilitation program would do wonders for you at this point. :)

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And Allegro is at the forefront of it

From 2018-23, this club is a mess. Allegro's coached this club for 3 out of those 5 seasons.

His decline has coincided with JJ's decline. He lost his mojo long ago and its no wonder that incompetent people in this management reappointed a clearly past it coach.

Send him to the desert asap
Our downturn in form and results started in 2018-19 under Max but team still had lots of grinta and fino alla fine to it.

Sarri in a single season managed to completely trash that grinta and winning mentality. And it’s just cratered even worse ever since. Now, a clearly washed up and over the hill Allegri is putting the final nail in the coffin.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Our downturn in form and results started in 2018-19 under Max but team still had lots of grinta and fino alla fine to it.

Sarri in a single season managed to completely trash that grinta and winning mentality. And it’s just cratered even worse ever since. Now, a clearly washed up and over the hill Allegri is putting the final nail in the coffin.
Ronaldo shielded him that last season (ATM come back after the horror show of the first leg) as he shielded Sarri too. My memory isnt great but wasnt this the CL campaign we lost to Ajax and Young Boys and finished Serie A with like a 6 game run of defeats and draws that were horrendous? I think at that point it was very clear the wheels have come off, there was no fino alla fin left in the tank and ofc Sarri didnt do any better.

Last edited:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Allegri on his phenomenal growth on the ability to fuck up the starting 11. Books will be written about this. Songs will be sang. Poems will be recited. Merch will be created. Legend!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ronaldo shielded him that last season (ATM come back after the horror show of the first leg) as he shielded Sarri too. My memory isnt great but wasnt this the CL campaign we lost to Ajax and Young Boys and finished Serie A with like a 6 game run of defeats and draws that were horrendous? I think at that point it was very clear the wheels have come off, and ofc Sarri didnt do any better.
I mean, we won Serie A like 7 rounds early that season because we won 25 and drew 1 of the first 26 matches. We also won a CL knockout round for the last time. We haven’t advanced past Rof16 since.

Allegri himself had a poor season in that area and spent too much time fighting with reporters in press conferences. Which is why I was okay with him being sacked then. He needed a break, looked burnt out, and having stupid tiffs every press conference. Clearly though, he needed more than a break, should have retired.

What I was referring to was that even in that season, even when we got outclassed by a younger, much more athletic Ajax in the QFs, our team still had grinta and fight in it. We still had warriors on the pitch, and despite Allegri’s other faults he still had that fino alla fine mentality instilled in the team.

The next year that slowly vanished. Sarri and his assistants talked about how 2nd place was also a good accomplishment. How teams sometimes had to not win for a spell. How winning wasn’t the most important thing necessarily. How they were happy for Napoli after they beat us in Coppa Final without us creating any decent chances in 120 minutes. How we showed very little fight against Lyon, 7th place in Ligue 1 side, in the CL Rof16, and went out with a whimper. How we got smoked by Lazio in Supercoppa final. We lost our fight and fino alla fine that season, and Pirlo couldn’t bring it back, and Allegri 2.0 has now seemingly crushed it into dirt.

This is the most pathetic Juve squad I’ve seen in over 30 years as a fan in terms of mentality, spirit, fight. And that part of our decline began in that 2019-20 season.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I mean, we won Serie A like 7 rounds early that season because we won 25 and drew 1 of the first 26 matches. We also won a CL knockout round for the last time. We haven’t advanced past Rof16 since.

Allegri himself had a poor season in that area and spent too much time fighting with reporters in press conferences. Which is why I was okay with him being sacked then. He needed a break, looked burnt out, and having stupid tiffs every press conference. Clearly though, he needed more than a break, should have retired.

What I was referring to was that even in that season, even when we got outclassed by a younger, much more athletic Ajax in the QFs, our team still had grinta and fight in it. We still had warriors on the pitch, and despite Allegri’s other faults he still had that fino alla fine mentality instilled in the team.

The next year that slowly vanished. Sarri and his assistants talked about how 2nd place was also a good accomplishment. How teams sometimes had to not win for a spell. How winning wasn’t the most important thing necessarily. How they were happy for Napoli after they beat us in Coppa Final without us creating any decent chances in 120 minutes. How we showed very little fight against Lyon, 7th place in Ligue 1 side, in the CL Rof16, and went out with a whimper. How we got smoked by Lazio in Supercoppa final. We lost our fight and fino alla fine that season, and Pirlo couldn’t bring it back, and Allegri 2.0 has now seemingly crushed it into dirt.

This is the most pathetic Juve squad I’ve seen in over 30 years as a fan in terms of mentality, spirit, fight. And that part of our decline began in that 2019-20 season.
Thats the part I disagree with. The last third of the season or so there was no fight or grinta left. My memory of the Ajax game was that we got dominated. I just looked up the tail end of that season, last 7 games in the league we had LWDDLDL. The draw and loss to Ajax was in the same period, thats 9 games with only 1 win.

We largely agree (especially about Sarri and normalizing mediocrity)... just a minor difference in how we remember the severity of jihadball in that last stretch of games.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Full squad at disposal and no game-plan at all. Just 2 shots on goal at home against an average 11th placed Spanish team.

Ok, now, like seriously, it's time to start searching for a new coach if we haven't already.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Thats the part I disagree with. The last third of the season or so there was no fight or grinta left. My memory of the Ajax game was that we got dominated. I just looked up the tail end of that season, last 7 games in the league we had LWDDLDL. The draw and loss to Ajax was in the same period, thats 9 games with only 1 win.

We largely agree (especially about Sarri and normalizing mediocrity)... just a minor difference in how we remember the severity of jihadball in that last stretch of games.
Fair enough. I think why I figure slightly different is because after getting knocked out by Ajax, two matches where the team tried hard but just got overrun by a younger, more athletic Ajax (Allegri’s tactics were a mess and Mandzukic + Chiellini being out killed us), we beat Viola 4 days later to clinch Serie A. And then the team just behaved like the season was over. We didn’t win one of the last 5 matches. Whereas we had won 4 of 5 in Serie A to clinch the title going into those last 5 matches. I saw us playing hard until we clinched the league title and then just going on vacation.

As far as the Ajax matches go in the 2nd leg, they had 14 shots(4 on goal) we had 13 (3 on goal). We had 51% possession - 49. They had the better chances and deservedly won but it wasn’t domination. The first leg they outplayed us badly imo, but didn’t create many clearcut chances. We actually had Costa hit the post and Bernadeschi miss a sitter. Regardless they were the better side over the two legs and deserved to go through. But our team actually played pretty hard in those games (undone by injuries, fitness, and Allegri’s poor tactics imo)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Max #Allegri to 'RAI': "It's all open, it was a good game until they scored, in the last 30 meters we made mistakes in our choices and we forced the play. Then we weren't united, they are a good team that always stay focused on the field. We were good at not falling behind 0-2, in Seville we will have the possibility to go to the final. #Rabiot? We never feel penalized by the choices of everyone. We only need to focus only on ourselves, now it's time to focus on the league: we are second in the standing and we need to keep winning. Did I want it to go to the VAR? Maybe they wouldn't still have called it, we need to play without getting angry. The players were good at not being distracted. #Gatti? I would say that they all did well, with this will of winning not being so easy. Sevilla played to win. Their 4 players up front ran a lot".

[@AroundJuventus]

Max #Allegri to 'Sky Sport': "Something broke when they scored the goal, before that the squad was doing well. Close to their goal we made many mistakes, in the second half we did better. We deserved the draw".

[@AroundJuventus]

Max #Allegri to 'Sky Sport': "#Pogba? At this moment his condition is improving. When the game is being played in their half he becomes exceptional, today he gave an important contribution".

[@AroundJuventus]

Max #Allegri to 'Sky Sport': "#Sevilla is an important squad that never loses focus. I saw that in Manchester after the 0-2. Until their goal, up front we forced the choices".

[@AroundJuventus]

Max #Allegri to 'Sky Sport': "The foul on #Rabiot? We won't discuss and we won't say anything, I believe that in my whole career I never said anything on the referees. We need to accept that the squad remained focused on the field and didn't concede another goal. If it was or not a penalty, they decide on that. We need to only think on playing, this year we spent too much energy on things outside the field".

[@AroundJuventus]

Max #Allegri to 'Sky Sport': "#Sevilla is an experienced squad, today they defended well and they were very aggressive. In the second half we increased the tempo, we know that it will be difficult over there but in an open field we can hurt them. We need to stay lucid and play that game while knowing that it can last for 120 minutes".

[@AroundJuventus]

Max #Allegri to 'Sky Sport': "#DiMaría made an exceptional play, but he should have made an easy one to #Kostic. #Bonucci was a bit high and then he had to cover an open field. #Campos made something important, but there either you stop the play or you should defend".

[@AroundJuventus]

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
The last year of Allegri’s first term was one of my least favorite Juve teams. The team was soulless, had no identity and was unlikable. It was when the logo changed and we were signing a lot of mercenaries on high wages. I used to joke with my friends that I root for the worst big club. Every year it just got worse.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Allegri on his phenomenal growth on the ability to fuck up the starting 11. Books will be written about this. Songs will be sang. Poems will be recited. Merch will be created. Legend!
over the course of the season he fucks up like 2/3rds of his starting lineups if not more. that's some talent.

May 26, 2016
Full squad at disposal and no game-plan at all. Just 2 shots on goal at home against an average 11th placed Spanish team.

Ok, now, like seriously, it's time to start searching for a new coach if we haven't already.
Agreed. It's been evident for some time, but yesterday really showed obvious hints of "Dinosaur" fotball from our team:

we press terribly and without cohesion, players generally look clueless and without any form of plan (especially in build up play in offensive patterns) our counter attacking looks stale (and this is what Max's teams used to excel in back in the days)

It's just not acceptable anymore, and this comes from a guy that love Max.

It reminds me of Wengers last days at Arsenal. Despite all the success he had at the club, there is a point of no return and its already been crossed a long time ago with Max.

For me he is a legend and he brought us a lot of success, but if he really cares about this club he should step down and leave. A change is long overdue

Even if we somehow miracolously win in Seville i can't see this team flourish under him going forward.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
When he says "I've never spoken about referees" it's basically him shitting on an official, passive-aggressively.
This is what la Gazzetta writes when quoting him:

Allegri non si vuole soffermare sul mancato rigore per fallo su Rabiot in area nel finale: “Non ci sentiamo mai penalizzati dalle scelte di tutti quelli che ci sono intorno. Noi dobbiamo pensare solo a noi stessi”. E sul fatto che non ci si sia avvalsi del video per correggere la decisione sul campo: “Se al Var l’arbitro non c’è andato vuol dire che il Var non l’ha chiamato: accettiamo tutto quello che gli arbitri decidono, altrimenti ci innervosiamo e perdiamo energie. E quello era il momento più pericoloso: con una distrazione per eccesso di nervosismo rischiavamo di prendere il secondo gol, i ragazzi sono stati molto bravi e sereni a continuare a giocare”. "

I don't think it's that bad to be honest.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is what la Gazzetta writes when quoting him:

Allegri non si vuole soffermare sul mancato rigore per fallo su Rabiot in area nel finale: “Non ci sentiamo mai penalizzati dalle scelte di tutti quelli che ci sono intorno. Noi dobbiamo pensare solo a noi stessi”. E sul fatto che non ci si sia avvalsi del video per correggere la decisione sul campo: “Se al Var l’arbitro non c’è andato vuol dire che il Var non l’ha chiamato: accettiamo tutto quello che gli arbitri decidono, altrimenti ci innervosiamo e perdiamo energie. E quello era il momento più pericoloso: con una distrazione per eccesso di nervosismo rischiavamo di prendere il secondo gol, i ragazzi sono stati molto bravi e sereni a continuare a giocare”. "

I don't think it's that bad to be honest.
What he says is mostly true but the flaws of VAR are there for all to see, it comes down to subjectivity again. People make mistakes. Meanwhile they can call a goal offside because a toe is 3cm off, great stuff.

What I take from it is that he knows full well that the team didn't play well and shouldn't fall back onto officials as it can be embarrassing, but at the same time games and trophies are many times decided on these calls. As it was we scored and it would have been 1-1 anyway. Unless Gatti's nose had been 3cm offside on the knock back...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
That's funny because he was bitching about Muntari goal for about two years after it happened. I still remember the memes.
Because our club has the “we are noble and polite Turinese gentlemen and we don’t complain about things” mentality, whilst every other club in the league (rightly) makes their voices heard and puts pressure on match officials after games and defends their own interests.

This is the same mentality that sees the media, the FIGC/Serie A, referees, rival players and fans take pot shots and attack the club from pillar to post all day every day without us ever standing up for ourselves or defending our own club/fans. And we wonder why Farsopoli and this other bullshit happens only to us.

Aug 2, 2005
The history of juve results against Spanish teams under allegri in knockout stages keep my dream alive for second leg. Come back against A.Madrid and R.Madrid, two wins against barca with 3 goals margin and two wins out of four matches in the face with Sevilla. There are few of matches that he lost to spanish teams.
Vilarreal 3-0 equals 10 matches

Actually, as I posted in live thread..
When we played the first leg at home with Allegri.. the chances are high that we progress.
Except vs. Real and Bayern, due to a last-minute goal that we conceded.. we were progressing from both also

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 26, Guests: 423)