out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Is he? Total number of trophies won by nationality of coach in the last 5 years among the Champions League, Europa League, league and cup competitions of top 5 leagues (Italy, Germany, Spain, France, England [only used FA cup]):

Germany - 17
Italy - 15
Spain - 12
France - 5
Argentina - 4
Croatia - 3
Austria - 1
Chile - 1
Northern Ireland - 1
Netherlands - 1
Brazil - 1
Well take Ancelottis trophies away and check the numbers again. Also take into account that like 90% of teams in Italy have Italian coach so there is minimum chance of a foreigner winning something in Italy (which adds up to 5 league + 5 cup titles in 5 years).

Not that it makes much sense to grade managers in this way, but Ancelotti is the exception. Also interesting, but last two European trophies won by Italian clubs were with a foreign coach.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I would untill November before the world cup “break” to see if we are starting to look like a team, still in the running for the league and qualified in CL. If the answer is no to any of the above go all in on Zidane and give him a solid winter mercato.
I love Max and I hope he turns things around and this needs to start on Saturday.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I read on FI that many others decided to protest against Allegri.
I think it is best we fire him now. The team look horrible and we are not exactly solid in defense mid or attack. Time to let him go.
I wonder if we can poach Conte this early in the season.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I read on FI that many others decided to protest against Allegri.
I think it is best we fire him now. The team look horrible and we are not exactly solid in defense mid or attack. Time to let him go.
I wonder if we can poach Conte this early in the season.
If we fire Allegri at some point, Id prefer it to be done for a better coach, not worse than him.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I would untill November before the world cup “break” to see if we are starting to look like a team, still in the running for the league and qualified in CL. If the answer is no to any of the above go all in on Zidane and give him a solid winter mercato.
I love Max and I hope he turns things around and this needs to start on Saturday.
We have few derbies coming up so we will find out quickly if he can turn it around this season. I love the guy and enjoyed his work in his previous spell but what we have seen so far since his return is disappointing. He needs to act quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

The emotional stability here is incredibly low. I wonder how people navigate life when a draw in the second game of the season makes you this upset.
Its been a year of disappointing results so ofc people lose patience. We expected much better, especially those who hold him in higher regard. I am sure he can do better but the time is running up.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If we fire Allegri at some point, Id prefer it to be done for a better coach, not worse than him.
So you should be comfortable with Conte.

Conte got us from 7th to 1st. He got Inter a Scudetto after 30 years or so (no Calciopoli titles are not counted, as I dont give them credit to win something that is already built specifically for them to win)
He won with Chelsea and he makes Tottenham look good.
All of our players will play much better with him and this is actually what we need.

I guess you agree that on paper our players are much better than this (even the great Rabiot who still sucks IMO)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So you should be comfortable with Conte.

Conte got us from 7th to 1st. He got Inter a Scudetto after 30 years or so (no Calciopoli titles are not counted, as I dont give them credit to win something that is already built specifically for them to win)
He won with Chelsea and he makes Tottenham look good.
All of our players will play much better with him and this is actually what we need.

I guess you agree that on paper our players are much better than this (even the great Rabiot who still sucks IMO)
Once all the barking and yelling goes away, there is nothing left. His play is predictable as it gets, have people forgot how uninspiring our side looked in Europe? He gets embarassed every season in CL/EL by vastly inferior sides. I want this club to move forward. In addition to that hes toxic personality and it wouldnt take long until he starts throwing everyone under the bus. No tnx.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I’ve really tried to stay positive and optimistic regarding Max and his ability to adapt and turn things around but so far he has failed to find the right balance, there are rarely any proper patterns of play to be seen, everyones seems out of synch with eachother and what is even most annoying is that he doesn’t start or play the players that actually deserve a chance or even the ones that do start are being played in a hybrid out of position role that more often than not tends to limit them… something needs to change soon or otherwise we are in again for a very disappointing season full of failed experiments and hybrid formations that end up confusing our players more than it does the opponents

Of course there is time to turn this around with the mercatto still open and key players coming back from injuries, however what we have seen so far is not encouraging at all and with this style of play and choices we could be out of the title race long before we actually begin to stable the ship, which would pretty much be a rinse and repeat of last season, and that is unacceptable.

Has to be more clear and precise with his ideas because so far the team is clearly not responding positively to them.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I’ve really tried to stay positivr and optimistic regarding Max and his ability to adapt and turn things around but so far he has failed to find the right balance, there rarely any proper patterns of play to be seen and what is even most annoying is that he doesn’t start or play the players that actually deserve a chance or even the ones that do start are being played in a hybrid out of position role that tends to limit them, something needs to change soon or otherwise we are in again for a very disappointing season full of failed experiments and hybrid formations that end up confusing our players more than it does the opponents….

Of course there is still time to turn this around with the mercatto still open and key players coming back from injuries, however what we have seen so far is not encouraging at all and we could be out of the title race long before we actually begin to stable the ship, which would pretty much be a rinse and repeat of last season, and that is unacceptable.
the problem with this team is still the same - no right movement from midfield when we have the ball and no creative outlet in midfield. First one is totally on coach, second one is partially on coach - he could choose Fagioli or Miretti instead of Rabiot or McKennie (who was dogshit).

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
the problem with this team is still the same - no right movement from midfield when we have the ball and no creative outlet in midfield. First one is totally on coach, second one is partially on coach - he could choose Fagioli or Miretti instead of Rabiot or McKennie (who was dogshit).
It’s a bit of everything for sure, but Max sometimes does like to unnecessarily complicate things and that is exactly what happened last night with the choice of players and hybrid formation that he put out which clearly did not work out in our favor, but rather more against.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
We have few derbies coming up so we will find out quickly if he can turn it around this season. I love the guy and enjoyed his work in his previous spell but what we have seen so far since his return is disappointing. He needs to act quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Its been a year of disappointing results so ofc people lose patience. We expected much better, especially those who hold him in higher regard. I am sure he can do better but the time is running up.
The question is why expect much better? We sold Dybala. Pogba, Di Maria, and Chiesa were injured.

The team available last night was worse than the team that finished last season.

Things still look better now on the field, if only slightly. The team has started this season more solid than it did the last.

When we had Di Maria in the lineup against Sassuolo there was a big difference. The same effect should be seen with Pogba and Chiesa. In the mean time we are downgraded and the mercato must improve the team in the last days.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It will be too late to wait until November to change the coach. It should either be done now or by the end of the season. In the end it does not matter what the fans want or do not want, I don't see the management sacking him during the season nor by the end of the season unless he fails miserably (failing miserably is missing out on the CL according to our standards)

With that being said, look at what they are doing in the mercato, everything and every decision being taken is to spite the fans. We wish for a player to stay, they sell him. We want a certain type of player, they bring the total opposite. We want them to block players from playing, they get to start every match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 83)