out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
But those major chances are also shown in the data.

I do however agree that there can be some limitations with using numerical data to make definite conclusions and that you often need some context to go with the numbers. Anyways, I guess we'll just have to see who gets this one right and whether there is a sustainable improvement in defence (like I think) or whether this is just some lucky streak based on opponent difficulty and their ability to convert chances (like you think).
I don't even think it's that lucky. I don't think we have the personnel to be the defensive stalwarts anymore, going all across the team. Strikers who do not press, weird defensive formations because Dybala does not fit tactically, not enough protection from midfield on either side (Loca is fine) etc.

My biggest gripe is the 442 hybrid formation which leaves us out of shape defensively and our offensive output. We do not create enough, we do not score enough, we play way too low and attackers are mostly left on their own etc.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jäger

May 2, 2021
compared to last season, we lost ronaldo and also chiesa for the majority of the season. morata is nowhere near as effective as he was. we gained locatelli, still, the overall quality of the team regressed a lot. now tell me with a straight face that the two squads are comparable.

and let's not even talk about previous seasons. '14, '15 squads were the best, this is by far the weakest of the last decade.
This current squad is most certainly comparable to our first seasons under Conte with giaccherini, Vucinic, Isla e.t.c
Our defensive liabilities this season have nothing to do with the loss of Ronaldo. That is on the coach. Sarri was rightly criticised here for his zonal marking which resulted in many goals being conceeded- a factor behind his sacking. But Allegri has no excuse as someone who was hired based on his defensive competence. The squad is not much radically different to last years either, not enough to excuse this string of poor results.
also, in your comparison the number of matches doesn't even match
Can you read? I specifically made it clear that those results were from seasons where we didn't play in europe. That's why less games were played. For example look at where I mentioned Conte's unbeaten stint in his first 19 matchdays here.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm sorry if that came across as harsh, but it is frustrating. I thought I made it clear enough what I meant
why do we use metrics like ppg? or should i just go can you count?

you have no reason to be frustrated. you came up with a useless comparison. make it better.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
why do we use metrics like ppg? or should i just go can you count?

you have no reason to be frustrated. you came up with a useless comparison. make it better.
It's not useless at all, I dont see a better metric to use than this means of comparison. You feel that way because the facts contradicts your pro Allegri agenda. And you know full well that he hasn't lived up to what we were expecting

Judging by the stats, I fail to see what Allegri is achieving to warrant such enthusiastic support amongst the throaters here that Sarri and Pirlo didn't (and got berated for in the process). His defensive solidity and stability was the one form of leverage you could use and yet even in that regard he's still underperforming badly.

At least with Sarri he got the best out of players like Dybala, but I don't see anyone on this squad who is thriving under this current manager, and the results speak for themselves. We look disorganised and clueless. Perhaps it's time you acknowledged that there is literally nothing good or different he has brought to this team so far. Hopefully that changes, but as of now I'm not impressed. He is proving to be unfit for this rebuild

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's not useless at all, I dont see a better metric to use than this means of comparison. You feel that way because the facts contradicts your pro Allegri agenda. And you know full well that he hasn't lived up to what we were expecting

Judging by the stats, I fail to see what Allegri is achieving to warrant such enthusiastic support amongst the throaters here that Sarri and Pirlo didn't (and got berated for in the process). His defensive solidity and stability was the one form of leverage you could use and yet even in that regard he's still underperforming badly.

At least with Sarri he got the best out of players like Dybala, but I don't see anyone on this squad who is thriving under this current manager, and the results speak for themselves. We look disorganised and clueless. Perhaps it's time you acknowledged that there is literally nothing good or different he has brought to this team so far. Hopefully that changes, but as of now I'm not impressed. He is proving to be unfit for this rebuild
Dybala isn’t thriving and he did under Sarri? How so? He’s having a fantastic season thus far.

Serie A + CL

19-20: 2474 minutes - 14 goals + 8 assists = 112 minutes/goal or assist

21-22: 1387 minutes - 10 goals + 4 assists = 99 minutes/goal or assist

Or if you want we can go by whoscored rating where Dybala is rated higher in the league (7.47 to 7.44) and significantly higher in CL (7.73 to 7.06)

Dumbass. Go suck Conte’s little peepee some more.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
Dybala isn’t thriving and he did under Sarri? How so? He’s having a fantastic season thus far.

Serie A + CL

19-20: 2474 minutes - 14 goals + 8 assists = 112 minutes/goal or assist

21-22: 1387 minutes - 10 goals + 4 assists = 99 minutes/goal or assist

Or if you want we can go by whoscored rating where Dybala is rated higher in the league (7.47 to 7.44) and significantly higher in CL (7.73 to 7.06)

Dumbass. Go suck Conte’s little peepee some more.
:lol2:
What a moron. How is anything I said there related to conte?

The remarkable thing about Sarri is that he managed to create a scenario where Dybala and Ronaldo could co-exist together and Dybala could play well on the wing (something Allegri and Pirlo couldn't do) leading to more flexibility and creativity, much more so than now. Ronaldo of course scored the bulk of this because he was our target man, which is why it was fair to say that Dybala did indeed thrive in that season with all his goals and assists, despite playing out of position half the time and injuring himself. That's how I see it. Even Dybala himself said he enjoyed playing under Sarri.

Now get back to your threesome with Allegri and s4tch

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:lol2:
What a moron. How is anything I said there related to conte?

The remarkable thing about Sarri is that he managed to create a scenario where Dybala and Ronaldo could co-exist together and Dybala could play well on the wing (something Allegri and Pirlo couldn't do) leading to more flexibility and creativity, much more so than now. Ronaldo of course scored the bulk of this because he was our target man, which is why it was fair to say that Dybala did indeed thrive in that season with all his goals and assists, despite playing out of position half the time and injuring himself. That's how I see it. Even Dybala himself said he enjoyed playing under Sarri.

Now get back to your threesome with Allegri and s4tch
:lol: look at the forum imbecile deflecting. Dybala right now is having his statistically best season since the first Allegri era. No one is saying he didn’t also have a great season under Sarri. You said no one is thriving right now, but Dybala clearly is. And he’s significantly outproducing his 2019-20 counting stats. While stuck playing with a bunch of bums in attack with Chiesa out half the season already and now for the rest.

Now get back to sucking Conte’s peepee. It’s the only thing you’re good at.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
:lol: look at the forum imbecile deflecting. Dybala right now is having his statistically best season since the first Allegri era. No one is saying he didn’t also have a great season under Sarri. You said no one is thriving right now, but Dybala clearly is. And he’s significantly outproducing his 2019-20 counting stats. While stuck playing with a bunch of bums in attack with Chiesa out half the season already and now for the rest.

Now get back to sucking Conte’s peepee. It’s the only thing you’re good at.
Talk about deflecting lol. You've ignored all of the stats I listed which prove that Allegri so far has not only been responsible for our worst defensive record since Del Neri, but also got us off to our worst start to the season since then, failing to match Conte, Sarri and Pirlo's record by this stage in the year. If you wanna keep blindly defending a guy who has changed nothing so far then at least be consistent in your reasoning and cut that slack you gave Pirlo and Sarri while they were in charge.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Talk about deflecting lol. You've ignored all of the stats I listed which prove that Allegri so far has not only been responsible for our worst defensive record since Del Neri, but also got us off to our worst start to the season since then, failing to match Conte, Sarri and Pirlo's record by this stage in the year. If you wanna keep blindly defending a guy who has changed nothing so far then at least be consistent in your reasoning and cut that slack you gave Pirlo and Sarri while they were in charge.
We’ve conceded 21 in 22 matches in Serie A dummy. Sarri had us concede 43 in 38. Which would mean we have to concede 22 in our last 16 matches to have that shitty a defensive record come the end of the season. There is one single difference between Sarri’s season and this one. Ronaldo. His goals won us countless points the past two seasons.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
We’ve conceded 21 in 22 matches in Serie A dummy. Sarri had us concede 43 in 38. Which would mean we have to concede 22 in our last 16 matches to have that shitty a defensive record come the end of the season. There is one single difference between Sarri’s season and this one. Ronaldo. His goals got us countless points the past two seasons.
Well we're halfway through the season, and we're pretty much halfway to meeting that record. Is it really that unreasonable to think conceeding another 22 is a realistic scenario, given our form before christmas? I wouldn't be so confident in thinking otherwise

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
What exactly is your argument? We can’t compare this season to Sarri and Pirlo, they’re completely different teams in very different environments.

Sarri inherited a winning team and was a major contribution to us losing our identity, scraping our way to the title. Pirlo continued the loss of identity. Allegri has had to change the trajectory, he inherited a team that was mentally and tactically feeble and lost a 40 goal a season striker in the process. We signed 2 players and brought back reserves that played for inferior teams last year such as MDS, Rugani, Pellegrini - these aren’t superstars.

Allegri has started to stop that rot, we’re changing trajectory. The main aim is to stop the decline

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well we're halfway through the season, and we're pretty much halfway to meeting that record. Is it really that unreasonable to think conceeding another 22 is a realistic scenario, given our form before christmas? I wouldn't be so confident in thinking otherwise
You understand that 22 games played, with 16 remaining is significantly over halfway through the league campaign, right? We’re on pace to concede 36 goals. Which is also significantly less than 43. Could we have a full blown meltdown and concede 22 in the last 16 matches? Sure, anything is possible. Is it likely? Nah.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
You understand that 22 games played, with 16 remaining is significantly over halfway through the league campaign, right? We’re on pace to concede 36 goals. Which is also significantly less than 43. Could we have a full blown meltdown and concede 22 in the last 16 matches? Sure, anything is possible. Is it likely? Nah.
Does Sarri's goals conceeded include those outside of Serie A?
Its 19 games including our coppa fixture and the UCL ro.16. That's not including potential fixtures in future, which is dependant on how well we do in the tournaments, both domestic and continental. Allegri has conceeded in europe as well (remember the 4 goals to chelsea? Worst defeat since the 00s?) But I don't know if you're comparing to Sarri's total or Sarri's serie A record only.

Anyhow, these stats are nothing to be proud of, from both men. In fairness to Sarri, he may have conceeded many times (and I made this clear earlier when I criticised his zonal marking tactics) but we made up for it with good results, otherwise we wouldn't have won the league. But I don't like Sarri or Allegri. This silly comparison is determining who's the worse of the two evils. So don't mistake me for trying to sympathise with that bum. I'm glad he's gone. I'm just saying that Allegri's equally trashy record this year means that he should face the same level of criticism from throaters like you. What makes 2021 Allegri any different to Sarri? What was your reasoning behind wanting Sarri gone?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Does Sarri's goals conceeded include those outside of Serie A?
Its 19 games including our coppa fixture and the UCL ro.16. That's not including potential fixtures in future, which is dependant on how well we do in the tournaments, both domestic and continental. Allegri has conceeded in europe as well (remember the 4 goals to chelsea? Worst defeat since the 00s?) But I don't know if you're comparing to Sarri's total or Sarri's serie A record only.

Anyhow, these stats are nothing to be proud of, from both men. In fairness to Sarri, he may have conceeded many times (and I made this clear earlier when I criticised his zonal marking tactics) but we made up for it with good results, otherwise we wouldn't have won the league. But I don't like Sarri or Allegri. This silly comparison is determining who's the worse of the two evils. So don't mistake me for trying to sympathise with that bum. I'm glad he's gone. I'm just saying that Allegri's equally trashy record this year means that he should face the same level of criticism from throaters like you. What makes 2021 Allegri any different to Sarri? What was your reasoning behind wanting Sarri gone?
He has significantly weaker team than Sarri or Pirlo. Anywho, few of u can bitch and moan but this guy will stay for a while with us. Which must be frustrating to some of u :lol:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
He has significantly weaker team than Sarri or Pirlo. Anywho, few of u can bitch and moan but this guy will stay for a while with us. Which must be frustrating to some of u :lol:
Yeah. Our team has been getting worse and worse every year ever since we bought Ronaldo.
I blame Paratici, Nedved and Agnelli way more for our current predicament than I do Allegri, Sarri or Pirlo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 31, Guests: 345)