out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
That’s today? Yeah can’t defend him for this. I understand a coach isn’t supposed to throw his player under the bus but if he can’t make the hard decisions then what the fuck is he back for?
He was equally frustrating back in the days too especially with the late lsubs. His patient and pragmatic, I don't think anyone expected different. Just hold tight, he will turn it around, and drop him if needed... just hoping it's not too late by then...

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Morty’s almost always been class against top teams, especially in CL. Last season was the first where it was really the opposite and he was finally consistent against shit teams and poor in the big matches. Hard to say what to expect this year. He just had his best match against the best team we’ve played yet though.

Kean is a 21 year old coming off his best season yet, so easily could make a big jump into a top class striker this year. He’s at the age where big jumps often happen for players.

Of course Morty could also have a shit season in the big matches, and Kean could not make any progress… but that’s kind of an unknown right now.

Dybala could also find top form. And Chiesa could continue his development into one of the best players on the continent.

The biggest issue is there a lot of question marks and “ifs” surrounding this team. We don’t have a lot of guarantees. So things could turn around and be great and we could have a really strong team or things could go to complete shit.

regardless, I expect us to be challenging for scudetto at the end, and competing well against all but the very best in CL. But you’re right about it likely being a bit of a rebuild over the next couple years. Chiesa, Locatelli, De Ligt, Kean (and perhaps Fagioli and Dragusin next year) is a good core to start from.
I agree that your attacking/offensive third is not bad, but I just feel like it's lacking at least one really good striker. A Higuain, Mandzukic, Tevez etc type.

Chiesa is great and will just continue to develop and Kean also got a big talent. But apart from Locatelli your midfield needs 1-2 class editions urgently imo.

If you could get the needed striker for the attack and add to the midfield then it would look completely different.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I agree that your attacking/offensive third is not bad, but I just feel like it's lacking at least one really good striker. A Higuain, Mandzukic, Tevez etc type.

Chiesa is great and will just continue to develop and Kean also got a big talent. But apart from Locatelli your midfield needs 1-2 class editions urgently imo.

If you could get the needed striker for the attack and add to the midfield then it would look completely different.
Don't forget the GK, LW, and LB.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Only used 3 subs, not that he had many options but he could have brought on soule in the final minutes. He might not have made a difference but it sends a signal.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
When the team does well, the manager gets credit. When the team does poorly, the manager needs to take the blame. That’s the way it is. Plain and simple.

If we are going to shift the blame on individual errors and not managerial decisions, then Pirlo deserves a lot more praise for what he did. Porto would not have knocked us out of the CL had it not been for the Benta brainfart for example, and other lapses in concentration by Tek throughout last season.

No, i’m not comparing Pirlo to Max, but you can’t blame the players when one manager is at the helm and blame only the manager when someone else is at the helm.

Max deserves a longer grace period than most others simply because of what he achieved at the club, but individual errors on the pitch should not he used to defend a manager. It’s his job to motivate the players, to coach them, and to make sure they don’t make the same errors day in and day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
First and foremost sign a reliable goalkeeper which will help us grind out results
Perin had the best save % in the league last year. Save percentage isn’t always the best, so to back that up in advanced stats he had far and away the best Post-shot expected goals in the league by almost double last season. Was +5.2 and second best was Dollarumma at +2.7. Really underrated for some reason. By advanced stats he was the best keeper in the league last year.

Perin was shaky in spot duty in his year as a backup here, never got a run of games to build on, but he really turned it around last year. I hope he gets a chance.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
This is what is happening now and this is the routine, I do not have to blame my guys, mistakes have been made and today the players are affected by mistakes. In today's game, we made many mistakes.
Football is like this, when you do not win, you have to be silent and think and practice and try. We want to play well against Malmo on Tuesday. This is more important than anything right now. We have to make progress in this area and we have a lot of work to do, we are affected by mistakes and we lose team focus.
Technically, we were completely tired in the second half, and with a little inaccuracy we lost a lot of balls. I took control of the game at crucial moments, but that's not enough, so we have to work. Tonight, the team was put to the test to find out their condition and personality.
But Szczęsny's performance was good, but he could not do anything to repel the ball.
As I said, when you do not win in football, you just have to be silent and work to seek your first victory. Now we have to think about winning the first game in the Champions League. This is the best way to return.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Perin had the best save % in the league last year. Save percentage isn’t always the best, so to back that up in advanced stats he had far and away the best Post-shot expected goals in the league by almost double last season. Was +5.2 and second best was Dollarumma at +2.7. Really underrated for some reason. By advanced stats he was the best keeper in the league last year.

Perin was shaky in spot duty in his year as a backup here, never got a run of games to build on, but he really turned it around last year. I hope he gets a chance.
He's misses too many games to be considered as the number one for the team though. We need a Maignan like signing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He's misses too many games to be considered as the number one for the team though. We need a Maignan like signing.
Yeah, prior to last year he definitely dealt with a lot of absences. Looks like he missed only 3 matches with injury last season. Also 1 match due to Covid and two on the bench to finish the season once Genoa had nothing to play for.

I don’t think he should be our number 1 long term, but now that we don’t have the option of signing someone else this year, I definitely think we should give him a shot at number 1 for this season.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The loss against Empoli was mostly on Max but I struggle to blame him for Udinese and Napoli. We approached both games with the right mindset and the correct team considering the options available or lack thereof.

The team will bounce back though. These series of horrific mistakes will stop at some point, hopefully soon starting with the Champions League debut.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Quite a few optimistic people here is a big surprise to me. All we have right now is a pile of garbage, not a team, not even one bit. Nothing works at the moment, there are no results and no game - neither defensive nor offensive. Just a bunch of randoms hanging in there thanks to grandpas Chiellini and Bonucci.

We released our top earner and still occupy the first spot for the highest wage bill in the league. Allegri is a top paid coach and we have one point after 3 games. Milan game next week doesn't bring any high hopes too. Man, wtf has happened to this club.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The loss against Empoli was mostly on Max but I struggle to blame him for Udinese and Napoli. We approached both games with the right mindset and the correct team considering the options available or lack thereof.

The team will bounce back though. These series of horrific mistakes will stop at some point, hopefully soon starting with the Champions League debut.
Well against Udinese and Napoli, we switched to a 3 man defence and lost points immediately. Tonight he put MDS at LWB and Berna at RWB. Of course, we are not exiting our half of the field like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 239)