out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
can you mail the key overnight?
Y’all can fire Jurgen and hire the artist known as Max too. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Why? We had the same situation with lippi.

He should gladly take the job. This team is way better than what he had at his disposal in his last 2 seasons and he has been without team since then .and also he has an unfinshed business here.
lol

You must leave forum if Max comes back so we don’t have to listen to endless complaints every time we “only win” 1-0. :p

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I very much enjoyed 2011/12 title but for me our epic comeback in 2015/16 when at one point we were trailing +10 points behind and everyone kept writting us off, tops it and to this date, along with 2002 title, remains my favorite one. A coach with a vision, clear idea, tactical savviness. Apparently wasnt good enough for us, so we "upgraded" with Sarri, now with Pirlo, so we could play this wonderful free flowing football.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2016
Y’all can fire Jurgen and hire the artist known as Max too. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

lol

You must leave forum if Max comes back so we don’t have to listen to endless complaints every time we “only win” 1-0. :p
We shouldn't change the fact that our football was an eyesore in his last season and it seemed like we were just getting worst and worst with each game passing.

Obviosly the cycle had ended back then. There were 2 options. changing the squad the way Alegrri wanted from the mangment (like selling Dybala ) or changing the coach.

The managers made their choices and we can see it, it turned out badly for us.

All in all I have always been fan of him and defended him when we hired him. But our Downfall was too obvious not to change anything.

I think we this squad he will reach CL final with ease. We shouldn't wait any longer. This guy is top 3 in the world in what he does. Dumbest thing would not going for him.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Boring is subjective. First half of his last season I certainly didn't find us boring. We were brutally effective, took our chances and just battered teams, even games we lost like Utd and YB.

Then Cancelo and Mario got hurt, Berna and the midfielders dropped off massively and although there were some flashes we could never get back to the cohesive unit we were in the first half.

Max in his last year got a bit in his own head IMO. He was battered by fans and media so much about 'good' football that he started fighting with them more and more and lost his sharpness IMO. For the life of me I can never figure out why we went with such a high line vs Ajax. If we just did to them what we did to Monaco two years before, stayed compact and countered them to death it's easy qualification.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I liked the Allergri football you played from 2014-17, especially in the CL KO rounds in spring 2017, it reminded me of the way we played in 2013, fast paced and direct.

The way you handled Barca was very similar to it, you didn't have the bulk of the possession but just outmuscled and outran them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I liked the Allergri football you played from 2014-17, especially in the CL KO rounds in spring 2017, it reminded me of the way we played in 2013, fast paced and direct.

The way you handled Barca was very similar to it, you didn't have the bulk of the possession but just outmuscled and outran them.
We played great football right until Christmas 2019. 2017-18 was the highest goalscoring season in modern Juve history. 86 goals only 24 conceded, 95 pts. We absolutely destroyed everyone domestically. In the league and in Coppa. We also got very unlucky with the Dybala red card in first leg against Madrid and the injury time penalty second leg while thrashing them 3-0 at the Bernabeu, or we may have been playing in CL final for a third time. That team was fucking great that year.

- - - Updated - - -

Boring is subjective. First half of his last season I certainly didn't find us boring. We were brutally effective, took our chances and just battered teams, even games we lost like Utd and YB.

Then Cancelo and Mario got hurt, Berna and the midfielders dropped off massively and although there were some flashes we could never get back to the cohesive unit we were in the first half.

Max in his last year got a bit in his own head IMO. He was battered by fans and media so much about 'good' football that he started fighting with them more and more and lost his sharpness IMO. For the life of me I can never figure out why we went with such a high line vs Ajax. If we just did to them what we did to Monaco two years before, stayed compact and countered them to death it's easy qualification.
:agree:

Through 27 matches we hadn’t lost domestically, 75 pts, 59 goals-17 conceded. Through to CL QFs. Which is on pace for 105 pts, 84 goals - 24 conceded.

But Max had started fighting with the media, and our performances were looking more strained and less consistent as the season wore on, injuries built up, players looked fatigued and unfit, and it all came crashing down against Ajax.

Last edited:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
We played great football right until Christmas 2019. 2017-18 was the highest goalscoring season in modern Juve history. 86 goals only 24 conceded, 95 pts. We absolutely destroyed everyone domestically. In the league and in Coppa. We also got very unlucky with the Dybala red card in first leg against Madrid and the injury time penalty second leg while thrashing them 3-0 at the Bernabeu, or we may have been playing in CL final for a third time. That team was fucking great that year.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

Through 27 matches we hadn’t lost domestically, 75 pts, 59 goals-17 conceded. Through to CL QFs. Which is on pace for 105 pts, 84 goals - 24 conceded.

But Max had started fighting with the media, and our performances were looking more strained and less consistent as the season wore on, injuries built up, players looked fatigued and unfit, and it all came crashing down against Ajax.
I just remember you previous seasons better, and I think your CL campaigns were much better in those years mentioned. In 2017-18 you had two games against Tottenham that was on a knife's edge, against Real Madrid you lost the first home match clearly and did very well in the return leg, but I see that more as Real being too complacent from the first leg.

In 2016-17 you played a quite brilliant and nearly flawless CL campaign as far as I remember it, I didn't see that in 17-18 and 18-19. Not saying these seasons were bad or anything.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I just remember you previous seasons better, and I think your CL campaigns were much better in those years mentioned. In 2017-18 you had two games against Tottenham that was on a knife's edge, against Real Madrid you lost the first home match clearly and did very well in the return leg, but I see that more as Real being too complacent from the first leg.

In 2016-17 you played a quite brilliant and nearly flawless CL campaign as far as I remember it, I didn't see that in 17-18 and 18-19. Not saying these seasons were bad or anything.
Allegri became obsessed with his energy saving techniques. I think it stems out of fear of being exhausted and getting trashed in a CL final, something he experienced twice the prior years. I do like his way of energy saving but it became too much in his last two seasons. We paid the price for that obviously and he was fired for the wrong reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 24, Guests: 236)