out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 6, 2015
Yup for me, winning in style is a bigger achievement than winning in poor style. A dominant CL win like Barca, Madrid or Bayern's wins are infinitely more satisfying and much more valuable than Chelsea's win (a mix of boring football and really pure luck).

Similarly, winning with a smaller/weaker club is a bigger achievement than winning with a favorite. Thats why Klopp's win is more impressive than if Barca had won. Or Dortmund winning the title under Klopp vs Bayern winning it under Pep.

This shouldnt be controversial imo.

To your point about doing my all so people don't rate him.... well yeah the point of arguing is to convince others of your view point. You are not trying to convince others to see things the way you do?

And if I have some sinister agenda by trying to convince others of my anti-Allegri view for the last 2 seasons, what do you say of those who do the same and in fact name-call and abuse those who disagree with them? Do they have an Agenda?
That's the thing, the playing field isn't level with you when it comes to Allegri. We can go on and on about our subjective views on Allegri or on football in general. Objectively however it's quite straightforward, Allegri is right there amongst our greatest ever coaches. Imo he deserves more respect for what he has done for Juventus, you are free to disagree but I just don't see the point of actively campaigning against a club legend.

No in my opinion the point of debating isn't necessarily to get people to agree with your views. Imo a better goal would be to try and make people understand why you feel the way you do about the subject and at the same time trying to understand why others feel the way they do. Talking with people who don't share your views rarely leads to the other side changing their views.

Name calling isn't nice, but I'm pretty sure you at times seek for controversy by being a bit provocative. You certainly aren't the only one who can be provocative (I never am :stuckup:), but you aren't a victim either.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Winning > losing

You drool every year over Barca or City style of play. But over the last few seasons teams that played 'ugly' football won CL. Few weeks ago we all saw in final Liverpool moving away from Klopp's usual gegenpressing bc u know what? He got fed up with losing in previous seasons. I like to see nice football and Juve is certainly capable of better than last season but in the end I will prefer silverware over style.
:agree:

Klopp literally had his team play an almost identical match to the one Allegri used to beat Tottenham last year in the 2nd leg.

It’s actually one of his more impressive coaching performances because he did adapt and use a more pragmatic style to win.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Allegri at Juve >>> Pep at City
that's with less resources and transfer input
But one dominates the EPL two years in a row against tough high spending competition, while the other dominated farmers league state Serie A.

Allegri did better in the CL, that is until the last two seasons with the latest one being especially disgraceful. Stop pretending the last two seasons were a European success.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
But one dominates the EPL two years in a row against tough high spending competition, while the other dominated farmers league state Serie A.

Allegri did better in the CL, that is until the last two seasons with the latest one being especially disgraceful. Stop pretending the last two seasons were a European success.
Certainly not as disgraceful as Pep's last 3 seasons in Europe.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Winning > losing

You drool every year over Barca or City style of play. But over the last few seasons teams that played 'ugly' football won CL. Few weeks ago we all saw in final Liverpool moving away from Klopp's usual gegenpressing bc u know what? He got fed up with losing in previous seasons. I like to see nice football and Juve is certainly capable of better than last season but in the end I will prefer silverware over style.

You are classifying Zidane's Madrid and Klopp's Liverpool as ugly football? Are you serious?

Both are definitely more offensive than Barca under Velverde. Winning a final without fully dominating Spurs doesnt suddenly change the identity of this team as a high pressing quick attacking one.

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly not as disgraceful as Pep's last 3 seasons in Europe.
Clearly worse.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the thing, the playing field isn't level with you when it comes to Allegri. We can go on and on about our subjective views on Allegri or on football in general. Objectively however it's quite straightforward, Allegri is right there amongst our greatest ever coaches. Imo he deserves more respect for what he has done for Juventus, you are free to disagree but I just don't see the point of actively campaigning against a club legend.

No in my opinion the point of debating isn't necessarily to get people to agree with your views. Imo a better goal would be to try and make people understand why you feel the way you do about the subject and at the same time trying to understand why others feel the way they do. Talking with people who don't share your views rarely leads to the other side changing their views.

Name calling isn't nice, but I'm pretty sure you at times seek for controversy by being a bit provocative. You certainly aren't the only one who can be provocative (I never am :stuckup:), but you aren't a victim either.
I respect him especially for his first 3 seasons and not just because of the results but also because of our playing style was watchable. My real dislike of his coaching started 2 seasons ago. Legend or not, I stopped watching this season because it became unbearable. Nothing wrong with criticizing that and I have always done it in a civil way, unlike many in the pro-Allegri camp.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Clearly worse when Pep went out to Monaco in Ro16 :baus:
Troll gonna troll
Pep dominates high spending opposition though :baus:
Coaching the highest spending team in the world :baus:
Klopp also spent ridiculous money last 2-3 summers but apparently his CL victory is more impressive than if barca had won lol. What a tool this guy

Jun 6, 2015
I respect him especially for his first 3 seasons and not just because of the results but also because of our playing style was watchable. My real dislike of his coaching started 2 seasons ago. Legend or not, I stopped watching this season because it became unbearable. Nothing wrong with criticizing that and I have always done it in a civil way, unlike many in the pro-Allegri camp.
Allegri didn't stop you from watching Juve. That's the big difference between us, for you play style comes first and the club second. To me you seem more like a fan of certain play styles than a fan of this club.

The subjective can always be debated. It's simply just tiresome when someone constantly keeps going over the same arguments in order to seek acceptance for the pretty obvious Allegri bashing. Maybe you seek acceptance for the fact that you bailed on the team too.

- - - Updated - - -

Again complete bs. How can we take you seriously when you make false claims like this? Or are you just trying to provoke people for fun?

City:
2017 Ro16 loss against Monaco (Monaco beaten by Juve in the semi-finals)
2018 QFs loss against Liverpool
2019 QFs loss against Tottenham

Juve:
2017 Finals loss against Real
2018 QFs loss against Real
2019 QFs loss against Ajax

So two losses against the eventual winner.

I really doubt you are being serious no one can be that dense.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Allegri didn't stop you from watching Juve. That's the big difference between us, for you play style comes first and the club second. To me you seem more like a fan of certain play styles than a fan of this club.

The subjective can always be debated. It's simply just tiresome when someone constantly keeps going over the same arguments in order to seek acceptance for the pretty obvious Allegri bashing. Maybe you seek acceptance for the fact that you bailed on the team too.

- - - Updated - - -

Again complete bs. How can we take you seriously when you make false claims like this? Or are you just trying to provoke people for fun?

City:
2017 Ro16 loss against Monaco (Monaco beaten by Juve in the semi-finals)
2018 QFs loss against Liverpool
2019 QFs loss against Tottenham

Juve:
2017 Finals loss against Real
2018 QFs loss against Real
2019 QFs loss against Ajax

So two losses against the eventual winner.

I really doubt you are being serious no one can be that dense.
You're fighting a losing battle here. This guy bashes Juventus on every level. History, management, coaches, players, stadium, atmosphere, "cheating"... There is literally no low he won't stoop to, to get a dig in about Juve, and then he tries to call it "being objective"... :inter:

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You're fighting a losing battle here. This guy bashes Juventus on every level. History, management, coaches, players, stadium, atmosphere, "cheating"... There is literally no low he won't stoop to to get a dig in about Juve, and then trying to call it "being objective"... :inter:
Hes closet Barca fan. Im just waiting the day he comes here to tell us he has had it enough (Ian style).

- - - Updated - - -

You are classifying Zidane's Madrid and Klopp's Liverpool as ugly football? Are you serious?

Both are definitely more offensive than Barca under Velverde. Winning a final without fully dominating Spurs doesnt suddenly change the identity of this team as a high pressing quick attacking one.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Zidane played pragmatic style of football, capitalizing on CR's clinical finishing. Klopp in final game adapted to more pragmatic style, focusing on defending result, instead of pleasing the crowd. I dont recall Juve ever playing as horrendous but he won so no one cares about style.

Last edited:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012

i mean no one is saying out last two CL campaigns have been good, but since they are terrible, then Man cities was aswell, the year before that we were in the Final, whilst the Bald Fraud got eliminated in the round of 16

It's not Allegri's fault that serie a is in the state that it is in, i dont see how we can judge them on that, only 'fair' barometer is CL and as i said, Allegri's time at juve > Peps time at city, its really not hard to follow

Mar 10, 2009
i mean no one is saying out last two CL campaigns have been good, but since they are terrible, then Man cities was aswell, the year before that we were in the Final, whilst the Bald Fraud got eliminated in the round of 16

It's not Allegri's fault that serie a is in the state that it is in, i dont see how we can judge them on that, only 'fair' barometer is CL and as i said, Allegri's time at juve > Peps time at city, its really not hard to follow
Pep has been worse in the CL for sure. Getting knocked against domestic teams is far more humiliating, especially when you finish ahead of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 158)