out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You try so hard to be reasonable, but you come across as a bit deluded.

You think that Matuidi is great, Khedira is great, Mandzukic is good enough, and we a world class squad. You also think that Allegri is on par with the best managers around.

But the reality is that that we lost 4 out of 10 games in Europe and we can barely string 3 passes together against an opponent that presses us.
And you aren’t deluded? You think Sarri is a better manager lol

One actually bad year of 5 (last year was a mixed bag), doesn’t make Allegri some mediocre coach.

It was probably time to move on and injection some fresh motivations and ideas into the squad, but lol at your rubbish.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 9, 2006
All you can talk about is that 2 cl campaigns, that's it, no more arguments, it's like serie a didn't happen back then, it's like he didn't rebuild the squad, just because capello lost twice in those quarter finals it means that he was outdated, boring blablabla, and Ancelotti choked in the serie with Juve, then choked in the champions League with Juve with last place finish in the group stage round, and then he won 3 cl titles and a lot of domestic leagues, does it mean that he was outdated when he was Juventus coach or nah? According to your logic yes he was and if you was Milan president then you would never hire him

- - - Updated - - -

Can you see Capello's side overturning 2-0 deficit? Didnt happen against either Pool or Arsenal. And dont forget how lucky we were against Werder, scoring last minute goal from a goalies mistake. Going all out against Real in Madrid last season, Atletico this one... Allegri's Juve had more facets, various formations that he deployed, players sold, new ones integrated, adapting to opponents or imposing our game and in all this the final outcome didnt change much.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
And you aren’t deluded? You think Sarri is a better manager lol

One actually bad year of 5 (last year was a mixed bag), doesn’t make Allegri some mediocre coach.

It was probably time to move on and injection some fresh motivations and ideas into the squad, but lol at your rubbish.
If you could actually read between the lines, you would realize that I'm criticizing the quality of our squad, not Allegri.

Jun 6, 2015
You try so hard to be reasonable, but you come across as a bit deluded.

You think that Matuidi is great, Khedira is great, Mandzukic is good enough, and we a world class squad. You also think that Allegri is on par with the best managers around.

But the reality is that that we lost 4 out of 10 games in Europe and we can barely string 3 passes together against an opponent that presses us.
I'm not really trying hard to be anything. "Trying to be reasonable" is probably the weirdest critique someone can get. Should I try to act irrational?

I can hardly feel like we are shit when we've won the Serie A five times in a row, won the Coppa Italia four times and made the CL final twice in the last five years. If me thinking we have a world class squad and a world class manager with the success we've had makes me deluded in someones eyes then so be it. I however disagree and think the doomsday crowd is way more deluded.

Anyways you are free to dislike my opinions, no prob ;)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I can hardly feel like we are shit when we've won the Serie A five times in a row, won the Coppa Italia four times and made the CL final twice in the last five years. If me thinking we have a world class squad and a world class manager with the success we've had makes me deluded in someones eyes then so be it.
Instead of just looking at results, you should actually try watching us play football in these last 2 years. Then you might understand the people who think we need a new midfield and new manager.

Jun 6, 2015
Instead of just looking at results, you should actually try watching us play football in these last 2 years. Then you might understand the people who think we need a new midfield and new manager.
I've watched pretty much every single game during Allegri's tenure. That's irrelevant anyways because the achievements are so incredible that everyone should understand them without watching a single game. I can't help you with the fact that you can't stand it when people don't feel like you do.

I personally don't mind if people disagree with me. My problem has been mainly with the over the top criticism and how some have tried to portray the situation as some kind of doomsday scenario.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If you could actually read between the lines, you would realize that I'm criticizing the quality of our squad, not Allegri.
Both our squad and Allegri deserve criticism. Management building an unbalanced team and failing to fix years-long issues in the mid that have been obvious, some players underperforming and being lazy, and Allegri being unable to motivate the squad this year, having way too many unfit and injured players in the important part of the season, and being unable to figure out how to get the best out of the unbalanced squad we did have this year.

Anyways, if that’s what you are doing here, I agree with you. I’m just used to over the top Allegri bashing so I suppose I assumed the worst. Anyways, it’s a moot point now. Max is gone, and hopefully the holes in the midfield and at backup CB will get sorted out for our new manager regardless of who that is.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Alright, let's lighten the mood in this thread. These are my top 5 favorite victories under Max (hard to narrow it down and pick an order):

1. Juventus 3-0 Barcelona

2. Juventus 3-0 Atletico

3. Juventus 2-1 Real Madrid

4. Real Madrid 1-3 Juventus

5. Juventus 3-0 Inter

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
True, it was very hard to narrow it down. The Dortmund away game just misses out, our 2-1 win at home against Monaco was also amazing (we should have been 4-0 up by halftime).

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Counter attack Max was the best Max. Even though the Bayern matchup ended in anguish, I loved our counter attack and thought it was a master class (Evra smh). Dortmund was perfect. Alves raping Monaco on the counter was perfect.

I feel like as we got better attackers, we lost that element and Max lost a bit of an edge. Perhaps less organization, less cynicism, less innovation or desperation. More belief in the players, which maybe is not the best thing in the world. It felt like as the years wore on, he was happy to just put the players on the field and bet on their quality. Just defend in a basic 4-4-2, no need to do anymore.

Atletico this year for example. First leg he just puts the players on the pitch. Arrogant perhaps? We are cut into pieces. Now he's desperate and he comes up with a masterclass in the 2nd leg.

I felt the same with Ajax. It's like he lost an edge when we became favourites. When we were underdogs in the early years, we had more cunning, more ingenuity or something.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I'd say Peps Barca or del Bosques Spain were parking the bus to some extent, often they'd do sideways passes and keep the ball in a sterile possession game for so long that it was more defensive than teams who but 10 behind the ball and hope for the best
That is how Pep adapts his style to be defensive but its not bus parking and they'd often draw or lose 1-0 when they tried possession without offensive penetration. And so its not his strongest suite.

By Bus parking I mean defending deep and counter attacking which he doesnt know how to do. Its not playing to his coaching strengths.

- - - Updated - - -

People blame Capello only because of Juventus' CL campaigns when Juve lost to the winner and to the runner-up in those two seasons, the same fuckers often forgot that Cannavaro restarted his career under Capello and became world's best cd, Vieira became more attacking player, Trezeguet had his best season ever with 23 goals scored in serie a and Capello won 2 scuddeti in a row against Ancelotti and his Milan who was 2005 finalist and won the cup in 2007, yeah but you will only remember one thing - that juventus was boring under Capello
Further evidence that its not just a question of results, how you win also makes a difference to how your legacy is remembered. Case in point is Chelsea's CL win.. or Capello's Madrid too.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
That is how Pep adapts his style to be defensive but its not bus parking and they'd often draw or lose 1-0 when they tried possession without offensive penetration. And so its not his strongest suite.

By Bus parking I mean defending deep and counter attacking which he doesnt know how to do. Its not playing to his coaching strengths.

- - - Updated - - -

Further evidence that its not just a question of results, how you win also makes a difference to how your legacy is remembered. Case in point is Chelsea's CL win.. or Capello's Madrid too.
Happy if we get Pep?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Cant u get it through your thick skull, no one gives a flying fuck about style of football when u win CL. I could care less if we defended with 10 players in our box for the entire tournament, if we at the end would get our hands on the cup. FFS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 127)