out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Don't forget he had 3 unused subs when we went out in 90 minutes, the final 15 minutes the tide turned and the bus parking began he didn't even put 1 sub on to break up the flow of Madrid or take off a tired player to try swing the momentum back

He always finds ways to fuck himself over somehow in these types of games and like with Bayern taking Morata off for Mandzukic which played exactly into Bayern's hands even more
You could have stated the correct number of subs we had at the end of the game - 2, since he replaced DeSciglio with Licht early in 17th minute of the game, and yet you didnt and decided to go with 3 to underline how amateurish Allegri really is and how he is solely responsible for every game Juventus didnt win. He explained why he preffered to keep his two subs for the extra-time when Real already have used all of their 3, but obviously that doesnt seem logical to you. Good. Allegri fucked himself over by telling Alex Sandro speciffically to stay behind Ronaldo and cover the off-side and the other defenders to stay as far away from Vazques as possible in the dying seconds of the game. Yeah, its not Sandro and Benatia to blame, its the manager, of course...

Also it is funny how you suggested Max should have taken off a tired player in Madrid and then criticize him for doing the exact same thing 2 years earlier in Munich when Morata was barely walking after the game he was having, he ran his ass off and got tired and exhausted, but no, in this particular case, at this particular time taking off a tired player is a huge, giant mistake as it fits your agenda better. The only thing that could be questioned here is if Max did the best choice by introducing Mandzukic, instead of Zaza for example, who was(is) the faster player, but then again Mario is better than Zaza in every other aspects of the game. I only wish Allegri didnt tell Evra to wait for an opportunity to give the ball to some Bayern player in a dangerous area instead of kicking it away in the first minute of the 3 min added time, but damn, I guess that`s just his typical way to fuck himself over in games like these, by instructing his players to make some brainfarts and intentionally lose a game or tie...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So let me get this straight, according to some experts around here, no player has progressed under Allegri and suddenly everyone’s been regressing due to him? Then please remind me how come previous season D.Costa was playing perhaps the best and most complete football of his entire career, or how about Dybala scoring hat-tricks and becoming an 100+ milion player past few seasons, maybe i should mention how Alex Sandro was considered one of the 2/3 very best LB’s in the game in his first few seasons here aswell as turning Cuadrado in one of the most versatile and decisive players past few years, nevermind the likes of Morata/Pogba/Pereyra/Zaza/Lemina etc who to this day, have enjoyed their best spells of form during their time here, under Allegri.

I understand the criticism regarding our style of play when the outstanding results aren’t exactly there, heck i even comprehend the frustration of getting to the business end of the season in a mess, starting from the repetitive injuries all the way to the board’s conflict with the ultras which make no mistake, also weighted in the big picture, but to fully downgrade and shit talk Allegri to the point that he is seen as a bum unworthy of Juventus is just incredibly disrespectful and stupid at the same time. If the board decides to move on it will be for the right reasons and hopefully the right replacement, but what if he stays? I sure don’t mind stability as long as the most important two departments get upgraded, give the man another chance with a proper playmaking midfielder aswell as another strong CB and then let’s see how it pans out, i’m convinced the club will look to improve this summer and i definitely don’t buy into this ‘Allegri revamp’ news that states we are planning to sell most if not all of our technically gifted players and begin a new cycle with 30+ year olds injury prone Khedira’s and Mandzukic’s, that’s just more bullshit to stir up everything and create more instability, especially as it’s not hard for clickbait newspapers to exploit the #allegriout camp by feeding them what they supposedly want to hear, of course there will be players in and out as every year but sure nothing close to the bs rumours doing the rounds atm, so all i am saying is relax and stop going from one extreme to the other without even thinking it through properly, time will tell and a change just for the sake of making a change won’t happen, it just ain’t Juventus’s way of dealing with this sort of situations.

Just my two cents on it, had to be said.
But Ajax knock Allegri out so Allegri is bad man.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
You could have stated the correct number of subs we had at the end of the game - 2, since he replaced DeSciglio with Licht early in 17th minute of the game, and yet you didnt and decided to go with 3 to underline how amateurish Allegri really is and how he is solely responsible for every game Juventus didnt win. He explained why he preffered to keep his two subs for the extra-time when Real already have used all of their 3, but obviously that doesnt seem logical to you. Good. Allegri fucked himself over by telling Alex Sandro speciffically to stay behind Ronaldo and cover the off-side and the other defenders to stay as far away from Vazques as possible in the dying seconds of the game. Yeah, its not Sandro and Benatia to blame, its the manager, of course...

Also it is funny how you suggested Max should have taken off a tired player in Madrid and then criticize him for doing the exact same thing 2 years earlier in Munich when Morata was barely walking after the game he was having, he ran his ass off and got tired and exhausted, but no, in this particular case, at this particular time taking off a tired player is a huge, giant mistake as it fits your agenda better. The only thing that could be questioned here is if Max did the best choice by introducing Mandzukic, instead of Zaza for example, who was(is) the faster player, but then again Mario is better than Zaza in every other aspects of the game. I only wish Allegri didnt tell Evra to wait for an opportunity to give the ball to some Bayern player in a dangerous area instead of kicking it away in the first minute of the 3 min added time, but damn, I guess that`s just his typical way to fuck himself over in games like these, by instructing his players to make some brainfarts and intentionally lose a game or tie...
Yeah lets use the 2 unused subs when we are already eliminated from the tournament for an extra time we never reached, it was a terrible mistake to allow Real to dominate without making any changes to stop their momentum as a Real goal seemed like a real possibility with the way the momentum had swung

As for Bayern he should have never brought Mandzukic on, the moment he came on their defensive line moved up into our half and we were trapped. Should have brought Zaza on who could run at their defence and not allow them to come so far forward if he was going to take Morata off

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yeah lets use the 2 unused subs when we are already eliminated from the tournament for an extra time we never reached, it was a terrible mistake to allow Real to dominate without making any changes to stop their momentum as a Real goal seemed like a real possibility with the way the momentum had swung

As for Bayern he should have never brought Mandzukic on, the moment he came on their defensive line moved up into our half and we were trapped. Should have brought Zaza on who could run at their defence and not allow them to come so far forward if he was going to take Morata off
obviously its easy to criticize those decisions now but for all you know introducing Zaza would not have done any better. He may be quicker than mandzukic but he still doesn't have the pace or ability to dribble that Morata does so its really unfair to say he would have replaced or had the same impact and its understandable someone might have thought Mario might be able to break pressure through holding up the ball and giving the team a foothold in the game.

Maxx was forced into making the sub because Morata was dead on his feet and Zaza is really not that good stop pretending it was some glaring error to not put him in.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
obviously its easy to criticize those decisions now but for all you know introducing Zaza would not have done any better. He may be quicker than mandzukic but he still doesn't have the pace or ability to dribble that Morata does so its really unfair to say he would have replaced or had the same impact and its understandable someone might have thought Mario might be able to break pressure through holding up the ball and giving the team a foothold in the game.

Maxx was forced into making the sub because Morata was dead on his feet and Zaza is really not that good stop pretending it was some glaring error to not put him in.
Well whatever sub he made for Morata I think Mandzukic was the one that should have never come on, it just played into Bayern's hands perfectly and would have been exactly what they were hoping for

He also made critical mistakes in the first leg at home against Bayern, that 2-0 at half time was the most pathetic display I had ever seen in that 45 minutes

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010

We didnt concede a goal at 75th minute and then play the rest of the game without making subs to react, we conceded at the 97th minute from a penalty. 10 seconds more and the game was officially in 30 mins of extra-time with 2 jokers at Max`disposal. Again, you blame the manager when it was the players who fucked up and lost their concentration seconds before the FT wistle. Also, I dont remember Real missing sitters after sitters hitting post after post, they tried to dominate and put pressure but their attempts were not that dangerous (bar one, iirc), they had the ball, they had us in our penalty area but couldnt figure out how to surprise and punish us. If they were killing us and we were extremely lucky not to concede with their 100% chances, Max would have put another fresh body on the pitch immediately, be it Asamoah, Cuadraro or Rugani, but that was not the case, it looked like we were handling the pressure well and so he decided to wait. If it worked and his extra-time subs contributed to a goal and historical cameback - Allegri GOAT, Allegri genius, Allegri masterclass. Since it didnt work - street Allegri, Allegri out, etc... Nope, he and the team handled the game very well, last second fuck-up was on several players, not him.

As for Bayern, the moment Morata left the field the germans took control of the game and their gung-ho approach was tough and hard for us because one of our best players got tired and stopped terorizing their defence and had to be taken off. Back then I felt that Zaza would continue what Alvaro did, BUT - when you have to choose between an ex Bayern Munich, ex Atletico M player and and ex Sassuolo one, you are probably going with the more established and experienced player...

Since we lost both games it is easier to put the blame on the manager and discuss what he did wrong and what could have been done differently, but during those games the decisions that Allegri took seemed like the right ones, they made sense, and were working, until the final seconds of the both games, where individual mistakes costed us.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Well whatever sub he made for Morata I think Mandzukic was the one that should have never come on, it just played into Bayern's hands perfectly and would have been exactly what they were hoping for

He also made critical mistakes in the first leg at home against Bayern, that 2-0 at half time was the most pathetic display I had ever seen in that 45 minutes
is it barcelona or the coaches who bottle their chances in the cl on away matches? because during the last few years, they suffered heavy defeats (at least @ roma, juve, psg, pool, bayern) with luis enrique, valverde, pep and probably some other coaches i can't even remember.

you probably overestimate the importance of coaches. you're up for a rude awakening if your favorite english club won't update their squad properly.

Jun 6, 2015
is it barcelona or the coaches who bottle their chances in the cl on away matches? because during the last few years, they suffered heavy defeats (at least @ roma, juve, psg, pool, bayern) with luis enrique, valverde, pep and probably some other coaches i can't even remember.

you probably overestimate the importance of coaches. you're up for a rude awakening if your favorite english club won't update their squad properly.
Coaches are really important, but what people tend to overestimate is the impact they can have during the game. People seem to think that coaches can just dictate how their team plays from the sidelines.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Coaches are really important, but what people tend to overestimate is the impact they can have during the game. People seem to think that coaches can just dictate how their team plays from the sidelines.
Definitely true. I think some folks here think the coach is on the sideline with a playstation controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 29, Guests: 460)