out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 22, 2016
Allegri: "I want to try two things before the season is over but not tomorrow night: 1. Playing @fbernardeschi and Cancelo in the box-to-box midfielder roles and 2. Trying @emrecan_ there, who has already proven he can play in a midfield three."

Yeah trying something new and positive that could have helped us in CL, but the season is long over Max.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Allegri: The Champions League is as beautiful a competition as it is a “bastard”. If you don’t go into it in the best nick, you’re made to pay. We were doing well until the winter break. Take Costa for example. I couldn’t tell you if he’s blonde or brunette (out for so long)
“My tenure has lasted five years and I can only speak for myself: if you don’t win the Champions League for five years, it’s not exactly a drama.
“We need to understand where we went wrong, work and have a little more luck. This year, for the first time in my five years, we got to the quarter-finals in bad shape.
“Certainly, I’m also responsible for that.”

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Allegri: "I want to try two things before the season is over but not tomorrow night: 1. Playing @fbernardeschi and Cancelo in the box-to-box midfielder roles and 2. Trying @emrecan_ there, who has already proven he can play in a midfield three."

Yeah trying something new and positive that could have helped us in CL, but the season is long over Max.
easier to do it when there is no pressure.

Had he done it and it failed everyone, including me and you would have blamed him for trying something so risky in sensitive games

Take the Can in CB role vs atletico...if that had failed, we would have all crucified him. but since it worked we were all happy. but it was a huge risk (and 100% would have failed had Costa played instead of LOLRATA)

also if it works, it helps plan signings for next season.... Berna in midfield would mean a gap in attack. so need to plan mercato accordingly.

Jan 22, 2016
easier to do it when there is no pressure.

Had he done it and it failed everyone, including me and you would have blamed him for trying something so risky in sensitive games

Take the Can in CB role vs atletico...if that had failed, we would have all crucified him. but since it worked we were all happy. but it was a huge risk (and 100% would have failed had Costa played instead of LOLRATA)

also if it works, it helps plan signings for next season.... Berna in midfield would mean a gap in attack. so need to plan mercato accordingly.
He could have easily experimented anything against minors at our stadium.
But he didn't even when we were 17 points ahead and The league was wrapped.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
agreed that there were opportunities but they were mostly in beg of season

Cuadrado, Costa, Berna, Spinazzola, have been injured lots tis season.

so you take cancelo for example...how you going to play him in mid when he only returns during crunch time in season and cuadrado out injured?

same as true when cancelo was fit. he was rocking it as a RB....why would u take him out of there and put MDS? especially as cuads was out too.

easier to say he could have don this or that but this squad has had fair share of injury issues. only now are we seeing a fit squad with most available

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Allegri: The Champions League is as beautiful a competition as it is a “bastard”. If you don’t go into it in the best nick, you’re made to pay. We were doing well until the winter break. Take Costa for example. I couldn’t tell you if he’s blonde or brunette (out for so long)
“My tenure has lasted five years and I can only speak for myself: if you don’t win the Champions League for five years, it’s not exactly a drama.
“We need to understand where we went wrong, work and have a little more luck. This year, for the first time in my five years, we got to the quarter-finals in bad shape.
Not exactly a drama... says the man who started a 3 man midfield against ajax. Where it went wrong is getting it wrong yourself against atleti and ajax, the subs you made and the little preparation you had to change anything, no plan B, no ability to make effective adjustments during a match.
Yes injuries hurt us and yes CL takes a bit of luck but only a man can resort to these as facts and not excuses who has done his best himself. So if this is his best it's not good enough, he doesn't have another gear and if this wasn't his best than what else does he need to get into next gear another GOAT?
I don't have a problem with not winning CL or getting knocked out, I have a problem with the how and why of it. Thank you Allegri for smooth take over from Conte and all you have done, but to me it was proven this year he doesn't have the answers to win anything except the league..For now.. just another very good coach who has reached his max potential. No pun intended lol

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I like that he is taking responsibility or part of it for this year's CL failure. He needs to pressure management into fixing our midfield, because not much will change if come the next year Matuidi is still undisputed starter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 36, Guests: 564)