out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Let me guess. Its either good football or results, you cant have both?

The Mourinho false dichotomy
It depends on the team/players.

We tried to be more attacking at the start of last season. Fail. We tried at the start of this season vs Chievo. Also fail.

And it doesn't work with our usual 433 lineup. He should try different setups and lineups (my only complaint). Injuries also hindered that.

Allegri isn't a defensive coach per se. His Cagliari side played an attacking game, and his Milan wasn't defensive. And when we had Vidal, he wasn't as defensive, and don't forget the 4231 in second half of 2016-17.

He's right to prioritize result first and work from there, otherwise you belong in the next tier below with Sarri.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think it'd be much easier to play beautiful football if we had a stable team for 2-3 years, and only made minor adjustments each season. It's a lot harder trying to fit in new players every season. Again, having a meh midfield doesn't help either.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Anyway, this Allegri hate (even questioning him) is unwarranted and unjustified. He's led us to 4 consecutive double doubles and 2 CL finals. Now, if we lose to ATM in the CL, or fail to progress beyond the CL QFs, we can start questioning whether it's time for a change.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
It's 100% justified to start questioning him, when the current state of the team is as it is, and it looks like we could face an early CL exit. We who question him are 100% aware that if we against all odds, suddenly can play effective football when it matters against Atlectico, then Allegri deserves to stay in the seat. But our football over this season so far, indicates that we could get in big trouble.
2 previous CL finals doesn't help us getting out of that trouble, only better football does. So either Allegri and the team steps up, or we must seek new arrangement, if our ambitions are up there.

Pavluska:
Yes what a failure in our first game with Chievo. First game of the season, absolutely played some fluid and fast football and won 3-2. We could have won 5-0 had we been a bit sharper.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Anyway, this Allegri hate (even questioning him) is unwarranted and unjustified. He's led us to 4 consecutive double doubles and 2 CL finals. Now, if we lose to ATM in the CL, or fail to progress beyond the CL QFs, we can start questioning whether it's time for a change.
i guess it's allegri's last year at juve anyway, regardless of this season's outcome. there's no point in questioning him, he'll probably see out this season and leave either way.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
But didn’t max state our season staaaaaaaaarts.......................Now! “And we’re off” derra-de derra-de derra-de-de-de.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
We could end up winning the CL purely because the squad of players he has available to him are second to no team

I don't think he will do it because his tactics and style of play are not suited to beating the best teams in Europe consistently but again the team is stacked and has talent all over the pitch and on the bench so i'm not counting a CL win out yet

I would like to see Zidane come in next season because for me his time was up in 2017

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We could end up winning the CL purely because the squad of players he has available to him are second to no team

I don't think he will do it because his tactics and style of play are not suited to beating the best teams in Europe consistently but again the team is stacked and has talent all over the pitch and on the bench so i'm not counting a CL win out yet
What about our Manchester United tier midfield?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 209)