out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Max never asked the management for better midfielders.

How i know?

He never openly complained about the situation during interviews.

- Hydde
he also didnt say Can is a mediocre bum, so he must love him
Allegri has said multiple times that he likes tall physical midfielders, so he probably does like Can.

I also think that Allegri has played his part in our midfield problems. It’s not coincidence that nearly every midfielder we have bought since 2014/15 has been of a similar profile (Hernanes, Lemina, Rincon, Khedira, Can, Bentancur, Matuidi). A lot of physicality and not much technical ability. Pjanic is the sole exception.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Allegri has said multiple times that he likes tall physical midfielders, so he probably does like Can.

I also think that Allegri has played his part in our midfield problems. It’s not coincidence that nearly every midfielder we have bought since the 2014/15 Winter (first window with Allegri in charge) has been of a similar profile (Hernanes, Lemina, Rincon, Khedira, Can, Bentancur, Matuidi). A lot of physicality and not much technical ability. Pjanic is the sole exception.
how is Hernanes physical and not technical? Bentancur same thing. Lemina has shown promise in being a great ball playing mid. we even used him at regista a lot of time in his 1st season, but he was supposed to be a two way dynamic mid. Rincon was a stop gap. Can was a trash market opportunity and Matuidi an obvious need at the time we got him (the previous year as well, when we failed to get him). if he likes tall physical DMs so much we would have replaced Pjanic by now

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

I also think that Allegri has played his part in our midfield problems. It’s not coincidence that nearly every midfielder we have bought since the 2014/15 Winter (first window with Allegri in charge) has been of a similar profile (Hernanes, Lemina, Rincon, Khedira, Can, Bentancur, Matuidi). A lot of physicality and not much technical ability. Pjanic is the sole exception.
So what? You can be good AND physical. One doesn't rule out the other. That requires us to spend more though, which utimately is not in Allegris hands.

I find it absolutely hilarious that people basically think Max is asking for limited midfielders on purpose.

Do not feed Hydde's mental illness with posts like that.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Well shame on him. I mean how the fuck he dares?
No shame in that. If he cant setup an offensive team and get results that way then thats just a limitation that he has. To be fair to him the dude coached calgiari, Milan and Juve.. all very defensive teams.. Its not easy to change your entire coaching style halfway through your career.

I am all for playing the way he knows how to make us play... take one last stab at the CL doing that, then next year get a coach who can play offensively like Zidane. I am deeply worried that if he sticks to attacking 4-3-3 we will still have crap football and not even get the results that he we used to get. We'd end up with nothing.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Hernanes and Bentancur are not technical midfielders. They are physical midfielders who happen to have decent technique (but not great technique). Allegri has been Juventus manager for 5 seasons now and we haven’t signed a single midfielder who can actually dribble.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
No shame in that. If he cant setup an offensive team and get results that way then thats just a limitation that he has. To be fair to him the dude coached calgiari, Milan and Juve.. all very defensive teams.. Its not easy to change your entire coaching style halfway through your career.

I am all for playing the way he knows how to make us play... take one last stab at the CL doing that, then next year get a coach who can play offensively like Zidane. I am deeply worried that if he sticks to attacking 4-3-3 we will still have crap football and not even get the results that he we used to get. We'd end up with nothing.
Zidane plays offensively? Ive heard it all now. I have nothing against Zidane but he is as well pragmatic coach.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Zidane plays offensively? Ive heard it all now. I have nothing against Zidane but he is as well pragmatic coach.
He is no Pep going all out attack but Madrid's attacking patterns were very recognizable and thoroughly coached.

When I say Attacking I mean, clear blueprint for passing and movement in the final third. Madrid scored the same goals over and over again.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Agree on this. Vidal, of course, is past his useful date now... but biggest mistake of Beppe tenure was selling him without ever replacing him adequately. If we had kept Vidal for that 2015-16 season, we would have won CL imo.

- - - Updated - - -

The QFs is far? I'd hazard a guess, no one here considered getting knocked out in the QFs last year, going "far" in CL. :p
Absolutely. I said back in the summer that I didn't want Vidal back because he was already in decline much like players of his type like Nainggolan they wear down a lot quicker than players who are less physical. If i really had to pick the one defining negative about Marotta it was this move and the subsequent ones to 'replace' Vidal. It really goes to show how rare players like Vidal actually are especially in the modern game

- - - Updated - - -

I was talking about the Euros. I have no problem with the QF in 2012-13. Although, let's call a spade a spade. Half the guys melting down over Allegri, flipped their shit at Conte for his 10 euro restaurant comments and capitulating against Bayern that year without even trying. Not to mention the meltdowns over Celtic supposedly dominating us in our 3-0 win.

It's sheer lunacy to suggest Conte has shown more in cup competitions than Allegri, or that we played attractive football in the 3-5-2 under him. People here bashed him endlessly for having us playing dull, stubborn, uninspired football. Our football was fantastic in his first season here, even if we did draw over and over, but it grew progressively less inspired each season, as we improved the team.

To set the record straight, I''d be perfectly happy having Conte as a coach again. He's a proven winner, and I think his experiences with the NT and Chelsea helped him grow. But let's not be ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl:

You are beyond ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Chelsea was so “ruthless” last year. :lol3:
What I will say about Conte's attacking style is that although it was predictable at times, he seems to have clearer ideas about attacking patterns than Allegri.

Before you shoot the messenger I'm not attacking Allegri but I have believed for a while now that Allegri is all set about how we defend and organise ourselves, but leaves little in terms of attacking patterns and instructions to our forwards

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He is no Pep going all out attack but Madrid's attacking patterns were very recognizable and thoroughly coached.

When I say Attacking I mean, clear blueprint for passing and movement in the final third. Madrid scored the same goals over and over again.
Yeah, I get it. Give the ball to Ronaldo and watch him score.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 81, Guests: 522)