out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Terrible win, disgusting 3 points, awful and amateur Panchina d`Oro and Coach of the year performance... Those fucking all-time records, man, why do always the pathetic ones who doesnt have an idea what they are doing are the ones who accomplish them? Aaaahh, those romantic and exciting Zaccheroni and Del Neri days, how I miss them...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Terrible win, disgusting 3 points, awful and amateur Panchina d`Oro and Coach of the year performance... Those fucking all-time records, man, why do always the pathetic ones who doesnt have an idea what they are doing are the ones who accomplish them? Aaaahh, those romantic and exciting Zaccheroni and Del Neri days, how I miss them...
I like that one. might use it from now on. The opposite to a positive loss, a disgusting 3 points.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
There is your problem. You dont think we could be potentially worse if we play attacking because you see it as some problem free solution. You point to PSG but look what they have done with their "style". What about Pep? We have been more succesfull than both of them in last 5 years with less talent so you can want style which is fine but dont make some elementary claim that results arent effected by changes in system and not playing to your strengths
You are correct I dont think we can be potentially worse. Not by any meaningful margin anyway. We have the squad and resources to win Serie A while half asleep and our squad now is better than almost every other squad in the world.

If we get a coach and he turns out to be shit, whats gonna happen? We'd probably still win Serie A and qualify from our CL group. We dont really have competition there. It would take a special bad coach to lose Serie A to Napoli or Inter. We probably wont make it to CL final and do quarters or semis instead. Small sacrifice.

If we get a coach and he turns out to be okay then the results will again pretty much be the same as the bad coach but the style might improve. Thats a win in my books. No more 90 min of nothing to win by a penalty in the end when you have the best squad in the world.

If we get a coach and he turns out great then you'll have Allegri results if not better and the style will be substantially better. Massive win.

So you are correct, I cant imagine a scenario where we cant beat Napoli to a league title with this group of players. And I want my club to be held to a higher standard than what we are now used to. Dont settle for low quality when you can get better especially when your club is heads and shoulders better equipped than all competition.

Re-Pep: He is delivering results. When he had truly world class talent (the kind we have now in CR7), he won 2 CL titles with amazing style. He now has the best squad in England (super young too) and is delivering results winning their league and taking them far in the CL.

If we get Pep, and win the double every year and exiting in the CL semis, but playing with amazing style.... thats an improvement on what we have. Same results but infinitely better style.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
You are correct I dont think we can be potentially worse. Not by any meaningful margin anyway. We have the squad and resources to win Serie A while half asleep and our squad now is better than almost every other squad in the world.

If we get a coach and he turns out to be shit, whats gonna happen? We'd probably still win Serie A and qualify from our CL group. We dont really have competition there. It would take a special bad coach to lose Serie A to Napoli or Inter. We probably wont make it to CL final and do quarters or semis instead. Small sacrifice.
Cause a Napoli side that's able to finish with 90 points isn't competition at all. Got you.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What they should have is an extra bonus point if you score 4 or more goals per game, maybe an extra one if you have 10 or more shots on target. Half a point if you have 70%+ possession. It'd be a bit like rugby union where you get bonus winning and losing points for tries.

Until that day I'll just sit here and laugh about how style points mean anything in competitive football.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

If we get a coach and he turns out to be okay then the results will again pretty much be the same as the bad coach but the style might improve. Thats a win in my books. No more 90 min of nothing to win by a penalty in the end when you have the best squad in the world.

If we get a coach and he turns out great then you'll have Allegri results if not better and the style will be substantially better. Massive win.

So you are correct, I cant imagine a scenario where we cant beat Napoli to a league title with this group of players. And I want my club to be held to a higher standard than what we are now used to. Dont settle for low quality when you can get better especially when your club is heads and shoulders better equipped than all competition.

Re-Pep: He is delivering results. When he had truly world class talent (the kind we have now in CR7), he won 2 CL titles with amazing style. He now has the best squad in England (super young too) and is delivering results winning their league and taking them far in the CL.

If we get Pep, and win the double every year and exiting in the CL semis, but playing with amazing style.... thats an improvement on what we have. Same results but infinitely better style.
Pep’s style is sleep inducing sometimes, and is far less effective against big teams.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Nice lie, bro.

Pep hasn't taken City past the CL quarterfinals yet. He was knocked out in the Rof16 in 16-17(by a Monaco Allegri destroyed with attractive football :lol: ) and QF in 17-18 in his 2 years there. Hardly "taking them far in the CL" according to the standards you and others seem to have of Allegri where it's "he must win CL or the season is a failure."

So no, Pep is not getting the results Allegri has gotten in CL. Nor in the league at City in fact, considering he finished 3rd place in his first year there, losing to a mediocre Chelsea side.

And I don't hate Pep and think he's crap, like some here. I think he's obviously a very good manager. But it's very clear, that so is Allegri, when judged by the same standards, and it's beyond inane to suggest otherwise.

Jan 22, 2016
I still remember the day Conte resigned and Allegri took the job. Almost all members except some Conte haters were all crying and loosing their shit, bashing management left and right for giving the job to this guy.

I remember i was the only one between my friends that i believed we would get a better result in CL with Allegri and thought it was a right time Conte left the club.

Our gameplay and passing improved massively under Allegri in his first season and that let us playing some silky football and going far in the CL because of it. we weren't able to play half as pretty with exact same players under Conte. He got too pragmatic in his last 2 seasons and left and betrayed his philosophy of his game.
Talking shit about our players not good enough for CL always made me fuming because i believed that team could give more under another circumstances.

Assigning Allegri and reaching CL final suddenly showed that Conte was wrong and we all laughed at his 10 euros restaurant with each win in the CL.

Fast forward i have the same feeling i had 4 years ago during Conte's era. I believe this team can give a lot more than of what is showing right now. We don't even play on the level of Allegri's first season despite having a much stronger Squad. Don't bring up the 2015's midfield, we all know it wasn't as good as we think of it right now. Vidal was extremely out of form, couldn't even pass the ball correctly, Pirlo was simply past it and showed weakness in his last season a lot.Pogba and Marchisio were the only mids playing up to their name that year. Even Pogba got injured but our level of passing and gameplay never dropped even with guys like Padion in the line up.

What I try to say is, don't expect some disastrous results without this guy at the helm, we might even play much better and get better results under another coach you guys are laughing at or bashing just like when we appointed Allegri 4 years ago.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What they should have is an extra bonus point if you score 4 or more goals per game, maybe an extra one if you have 10 or more shots on target. Half a point if you have 70%+ possession. It'd be a bit like rugby union where you get bonus winning and losing points for tries.

Until that day I'll just sit here and laugh about how style points mean anything in competitive football.
Do you watch football just to see a team win? or do you enjoy certain plays more than others and would rather see the type of play you like more often?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice lie, bro.

Pep hasn't taken City past the CL quarterfinals yet. He was knocked out in the Rof16 in 16-17(by a Monaco Allegri destroyed with attractive football :lol: ) and QF in 17-18 in his 2 years there. Hardly "taking them far in the CL" according to the standards you and others seem to have of Allegri where it's "he must win CL or the season is a failure."

So no, Pep is not getting the results Allegri has gotten in CL. Nor in the league at City in fact, considering he finished 3rd place in his first year there, losing to a mediocre Chelsea side.

And I don't hate Pep and think he's crap, like some here. I think he's obviously a very good manager. But it's very clear, that so is Allegri, when judged by the same standards, and it's beyond inane to suggest otherwise.
Allegri is a good manager I never denied that. Doesnt mean we shouldnt demand better. You are content with his results and his style. I am content with his results and expect a better style. In his first or second season I was content with just results cause we were punching above our weight but now we have a truly top squad. I expect better style without sacrificing results. I have no idea why that is so strange.

Last edited:

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
LOL no I'm not agreeing. I never said there were magic Allegri powers. You're taking a simple factual statement about football in general out of context to try and make fun of Allegri.

We're not playing poor football. Numbers show we have a very good passing game, play possession football, create tons of chances and miss most of them. Lack of chances is not the problem, conversion is.

Your problem is the way Juve play is 'ugly', 'slow', 'boring' to you and you conflate that with 'bad' football because you think Juve only create because they have these great individuals who have to do everything by themselves because their coach is clueless offensively. But your bigger problem is that facts show Juventus create chances by passing, not dribbling into them. Juventus is at the top in passing, yet none of their players are anywhere near the top dribblers in effectiveness or volume. It's pretty clear to anyone who's watching without bias.

In short - stop confusing taste and quality. Everyone here will be better off.
You don't even deserve a reply, the way you change the discussion and make things up, to try to come out good on the other end. I never said anything about pretty football, that's a very silly attempt. I like effective and direct football, if you are interested in my personal preference.

I have achieved my goal, to establish the fact that Allegri doesn't have any favor over other coaches in March, therefore meaning that worries about our play now, is relevant in the discussion.

That's all there is about it, I have no clue where you are going now with the rest of it, if you dont disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Same same with the bandwagoners like post_ironic, Kyle, dai, hustini etc trying to derail the discussion again with stupid quotes that noone actually said. Things like these "let's get sarri and loose in a pretty way" and all that. You guys are the only people who actually say those things. There might be an idiot somewhere who once wanted that, but it can't really be used against anyone you don't agree with. You are clever to make it up though to try and make it all lolz and ridiculous, so that you at least have the numbers to 'win' a discussion, as you don't seem to have the wit or even the interest in discussing Allegri, the tactics and the way we play. So why even come in here to bother and complain? lol.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2006
Insult other members, Juventus players and staff
Our results are truly terrible. We should definitely sack him. We’re basically in the relegation zone, and already got kicked out of CL. Nothing to lose by firing this bum.
I agree with the part nothing to lose by firing this bum. We need to improve and he proved it he is not capable of such thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 41, Guests: 345)