out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Similar style of play

Defending in numbers, compact, deep defensive line, transition from defence to attack is done patiently and not rushed
Let's pretend you didn't just come up with that...

Sure, ok.... so you basically telling us that somehow current Juventus plays the same type of football as current Newcastle or as Benitez's previous Napoli, right? :wallbang:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
That's all you got? You are the one contradicting hisself, you just mentioned some random characteristics which you claim make him similar to Allegri. Explain how are you so sure they are similar...

The biggest issue in your naive comparison is the totally different characters they have, different philosophy's aswell, just starting from this and already our debate is useless.

I'm not implying they totally opposite coaches tho, if you ask me their only similarity is probably that they both like to rotate players and maybe the fact neither of them are tiki-taka adepts but that's about it, how are you so sure they are similar in their approach or that they would do similar in charge of Juve, or better yet how are you so well informed about Benitez, don't tell me you been watching Newcastle games lately lmao...:groan:

Anyway, the point here is that apparently to you, any coach that plays tiki-taka Guardiola/Sarri type of football are in one 'fap-worthy' category while all the other coaches in another category that you don't rate at all where everyone's similar in their counter-atacking/defensive approach. Great logic. :tup:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Ok can we get back to the real world...so what do we think allegri is going to do now that we have depleted attacking options?
Yep, good ideea, idk why i even went into a debate with the same guy that rates absolutely every other coach in the world as better or similar to Allegri... :sergio:

------------------

Well, to answear your question, probably we will stick to the 4-3-3 and rotate the likes of Sandro or Bentancur on more advanced positions when is trully necessary. I think we'll do fine for now tho. :tup:

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Yep, good ideea, idk why i even went into a debate with the same guy that rates absolutely every other coach in the world as better or similar to Allegri... :sergio:

------------------

Well, to answear your question, probably we will stick to the 4-3-3 and rotate the likes of Sandro or Bentancur on more advanced positions when is trully necessary. I think we'll do fine for now tho. :tup:
and maybe ruru also in the mix
thing is we may need to get some continuity and familiarity going into the away games at lazio and spurs, so I'm not sure how this is going to play out

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I really liked how we played in allegris first.

Sadly we do not have the personel anymore. But wehad a good balance between offense and defense, with a tendency to defend, but we had countering offense.

I dont know what will happen next season, but we need to overhaul the midfield and improve the defense. Licht and barzagli need to make space for new faces. Maybe even asamoah, but if we are selling sandro, we will still need a back up for the new sandro.

I hope allegri demands the player he wants and makes us play better. And i hope that the elkann agnelli let beppe buy peeps instead of pennypinching and losing deals we could have sealed.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I agree. I’m not demanding that we play tiki taka football either. That would be against the identity of Juventus. It would be nice if we could play like how we played under Lippi. Direct football where we attack with purpose. Ferguson’s United had a similar philosophy. They were very attacking but not a possession team, they were just very direct and would open up defences quickly with 2-3 passes.

We have the players to play like this, but we don’t. This is partially because Allegri doesn’t want us to (or he doesn’t know how to coach this kind of football), and partially because our fitness coaches probably suck (we get tired very easily).
I think its a combination of everything. But mostly i think its on the coach. He is the tatical guy. Abd even when our physios are shid, i dont think it would make the coach hesitates enough to even change the plan on the whole team to protect them from injuries.

Allegri is very good at getting results his way, his defensive conservative way. Unluckily for us, our most dreaded enemies thrive when we play the allegri style.

This even gets worse if allegri makes tactical mistakes like a bad gameplan or a wonky formation in a KO game.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I'm not wrong. You should google infact.

The term Aryan is used to represent cultural and religious values of a group of people than race(the Nazi ideology which has been abandoned long ago)
I know this might come a bit hard to you since comprehension seems to be something you struggle with in general.

ILFJ used the term aryan in a racial meaning; a meaning drawn from the aryanism most people have come to know thru the nazi ideology. An Aryan race exist in language and therefore the use hereof was correct and meaningful. Especially considering the setting of semiracist banter.

So in the future instead of cherry picking one meaning of a word to either derail or appear smarter [than you are], please make sure you understand basic semantics first.

Cheers.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I know this might come a bit hard to you since comprehension seems to be something you struggle with in general.

ILFJ used the term aryan in a racial meaning; a meaning drawn from the aryanism most people have come to know thru the nazi ideology. An Aryan race exist in language and therefore the use hereof was correct and meaningful. Especially considering the setting of semiracist banter.

So in the future instead of cherry picking one meaning of a word to either derail or appear smarter [than you are], please make sure you understand basic semantics first.

Cheers.
Just when i thought you couldn't get more condescending...

I just wish you stop quoting my posts though. That would help from preventing further derailment since you love to do it in every possible thread pretending to be like a voice of reason on Tuz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 124)