out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Is he in jail for letting Higuain take the penalties. That's a criminal offense. I think I saw a couple of policemen approach at the entrance of the tunnel:

Sir, I believe it was 1-0 when Higuain took a penalty and barely scored and then at 2-1 in the 45th min and you got another penalty. Higuain took that one as well. Is that correct? Would you please come with us, sir?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He was failure at Bayern. He was very lucky to win CL with Real. I mean Ramos saved his ass last minute.

I like him but Ancelotti has his own drawbacks. I was really surprised by his Bayern stint. The fact players turned against him.

At Chelsea SAF Man Utd schooled him. With PSG he didnt do $#@! in CL.
Yeh but he has won 3 CL and i dont think its because of luck.

But like you said, he could very well be burned already and pass it.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Is he in jail for letting Higuain take the penalties. That's a criminal offense. I think I saw a couple of policemen approach at the entrance of the tunnel:

Sir, I believe it was 1-0 when Higuain took a penalty and barely scored and then at 2-1 in the 45th min and you got another penalty. Higuain took that one as well. Is that correct? Would you please come with us, sir?
In hindsight Pjanic should have taken it, but Higgy was doing great and high on confidence, so why not let him take the penalty?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It seems that we played like the small team while spurs played like the big team that always believed they can recover till the very end.

May 26, 2016
I wish it was the only time we've ever done it as well, but we have form in this :S
yeah, but the way we dropped in tempo and just gradually gave away our hope was a torture to witness. This was a really bad one. Then we get a penalty and a glimmer of hope and offcourse, Higuain, who was brilliant by the way, had to bottle it. He must be the only player of the history of this game to score 2 goals and still manage to become a scapegoat.

Khedira, Chellini and Buffon was also massively dissapointing. After analyzing Kane's goal i dont really understand why he decided to put himself in limbo with that run out of the goal. Terrible judgement.

The same feeling i got after the final. Massively dissapointing performance on so many levels.

just a real shame

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
In hindsight Pjanic should have taken it, but Higgy was doing great and high on confidence, so why not let him take the penalty?
Because he has missed close to 100% of the important penalties he has taken. He got lucky with the first one.

Remember his miss in the final against Chile? What about his miss with Napoli against Lazio for the 3rd place when it was 3-2 Lazio and he had a brace already?

Anyone, even Buffon would be a better choice than the ultimate choker. Somehow, he manages to fuck up everything even when he has a good game. Don't forget who lost the ball just before the first Tottenham goal and who missed the clear chance to make it 3-0.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yeh but he has won 3 CL and i dont think its because of luck.

But like you said, he could very well be burned already and pass it.
He won one of penalties how is that not luck?
He won one with Ramos last minute equalize goal.

Im not saying his sh-t. He has had luck, but then he has also had his share failures.

Imagine what people here would say if Allegri Juve lost to Pool in 2005.

Also tbf at Real it was all about CL, he didnt need to win the league there. And he only won one league at Milan in like what, 8 years?

Imagine if we here would take that mentality, CL or nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

When you look at the big picture, if we lose the serie a and lose this tie to Tottenham its possible then that Allegri goes on to coach Italy in summer? I mean these type of results can make or break contracts. He has been here now 4th season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He won one of penalties how is that not luck?
He won one with Ramos last minute equalize goal.

Im not saying his sh-t. He has had luck, but then he has also had his share failures.

Imagine what people here would say if Allegri Juve lost to Pool in 2005.

Also tbf at Real it was all about CL, he didnt need to win the league there. And he only won one league at Milan in like what, 8 years?

Imagine if we here would take that mentality, CL or nothing.
The real problem with him here is that he already is sour grapes with us. I would like soemeone with his pedigree or his “luck”... but he is past it for us, so no point in continue discussing him.

Also like u said, he have had his fair share of bad moments. But for me, a CL win is a win and he won it with teams that played great footballn even if they had some luck. In fact, it seems we need some of that luck

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Maybe we are a small minded side
We do play like a small team.

We press hard for an early goal and then park the bus. We don't just play like this against Real or Bayern, but also against teams like Tottenham and Napoli. We also never try to control possession unless we are behind.

I absolutely hate it. We are Juventus, not Genoa. We shouldn't have this loser mentality.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
The real problem with him here is that he already is sour grapes with us. I would like soemeone with his pedigree or his “luck”... but he is past it for us, so no point in continue discussing him.

Also like u said, he have had his fair share of bad moments. But for me, a CL win is a win and he won it with teams that played great footballn even if they had some luck. In fact, it seems we need some of that luck
Ancelotti is still a bit of an enigma for me

His Milan sides had some of the most talented players i've ever seen

A league show's consistency and only having one league win in 8 seasons with the Milan teams he had shows he's not a manager that can keep a team going for a full season

at RM he was 1 minute away from losing the final and his job in his first season

You need luck for CL titles a league shows consistency and the best team usually wins it in the end

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We could have easily scored more goals tonight. Allegris fault we missing easy chances.
It's his fault we were rubbish after 12 minutes into the game and were mortally afraid to play footie. Embarrassing really, especially how Tottenham played like they were one player more then us, and it was entirely because their movement and passing being too much for Allegris approach, and he did absolutely nothing to adjust to that.

He gets a 3 out 10 tonight.

As does Buffon, Chiellini, Pjanic and I don't even want to grade Khedira, pretty sure whoever that little kid on the bench was would done more...

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Lets forget tactics and this Tottenham game for a second in that regard.

This is Allegris 4th season. Italy is looking for a new manager.

If we go out against Tottenham, Napoli might win league (im basing this on us going into a bad morale state or smth like that) That would mean a poor season for us. On paper it seems then that change is not out of question at all. Allegri would have instant opportunity to go and coach Italy as his next big job and we would then go hire next manager (Inzaghi, Zidane).

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I'll defend our approach to death against the bigger sides. It did allow us to knock out Barca and Madrid and go neck to neck with Bayern, but not $#@!ing Tottenham.
I don't think that Allegri knows how to play any other way than this. His sides press hard early, and then bunker in their own half as soon as they either get an early goal, or become exhausted (after about 30 minutes). We almost never control possession against good teams, even when we are up against a side that has (on paper) an inferior midfield.

This has became the DNA of this team, a blueprint of how we play. It's consistent against almost every good opponent.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Lets forget tactics and this Tottenham game for a second in that regard.

This is Allegris 4th season. Italy is looking for a new manager.

If we go out against Tottenham, Napoli might win league. That would mean a poor season for us. On paper it seems then that change is not out of question at all. Allegri would have instant opportunity to go and coach Italy as his next big job and we would then go hire next manager (Inzaghi, Zidane).
I don't want Zidane here because IMO, like Luis Enrique, his success is mainly down to an incredible group of players.

I would love Inzaghi here. He looks like a versatile manager who can adapt to different situations. He can play defensive football but also good attacking football. Simone has also proved himself with relatively average players.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

You got to wonder though, come end of this season. Ancelotti is still looking for club job. We sack Allegri (if we exit early and Napoli win league seems quite possible) and we go push for Ancelotti precisely for CL. Like u said yourself, he does have 3 CL titles. And we are desperate here for CL. That might be reason enough to sign him. However he seems quite loyal towards Milan also these days so maybe he refuses us.

Inzaghi is completely unproven in europe. We cant ignore that.

Zidane obv has won 2 CLs but current season is not going well. But we might go for him if he is available of course.

- - - Updated - - -

We are forgeting the most the important and most difficult question. What the $#@! was the point of substituting Asamoah for Sandro in the 92nd min?
Seems one of those "trying to make a point towards the board" that with these injury problems he only had useless players to bring on from bench like Asamoah who cant make the difference in CL, instead of having potential match winners."

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Inzaghi is completely unproven in europe. We cant ignore that.
So was Pep Guardiola in 2008.

Every great manager has to start somewhere.

I would love to have Inzaghi here. He has been able to squeeze almost every ounce out of his Lazio side to compete with Roma and Inter. He also reached the Coppa Italia final in his first season.

I think that with our crop of players, he would do great things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 171)