out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Let's be honest. This team is aging and cannot compete in the UCL this season. Tottenham played a derby one day after us and traveled, yet they used their first sub at the 83rd minute and kept running all game.

We need an overhaul in the summer where we replace the oldies and bring in some competition for certain positions.

Get rid of the Khediras, Lichts, Asamoahs, Sturaros. Players like MDS, Matuidi, Mandzukic, Chiellini and Barzagli should be on the bench.

Allegri did a good job with the squad Marotta put at his disposal.
We've been doing overhauls every summer.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I guess he wanted to park the bus with 1-0, that pk surprised him. We are parking the bus against Genoa's of the world, so I expected that. Spurs are not Genoa, though. We were asking for troubles and we got not one, but two. Pussy approach instead of going out there and look for a 3rd goal. I can understand changing tactics at half time or after 60', but defending deep at home, not doing shit after 15' is just so wrong. We won't win there. We're out.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The technical level was shocking, but it just shows how key Pjanic is to that. When he plays like crap or is missing it makes a huge difference to us.

Allegri is probably more embarrassed than anything because whatever he was trying to do the players didn't get it or bother with it and it made us and him look really poor. We didn't play like an experienced CL team, and more to the point when things went against us we didn't look like veterans either. We looked like a team panicking and with no idea.

Obviously this will all be because Spurs are great and all the rest....yes, they are a good side and confident but the mix of personnel and tactical issues killed us. We've played some really top teams at home over recent years and honestly I struggle to think of a worse home CL performance in that category, a strong KO game. The Bayern one perhaps but we had a weaker team then.
Cue Marchisio.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We keep weakening our squad and then expect allegri to perform miracles in UCL
Tottenham are a quality team but expecting to win the tie is not a miracle. This year's team is weaker than last season but atleast good enough to pass Tottenham.

I'll blame Allegri for the injuries too. Ever since his appointment, Juve's medical center basically has become Milan lab. Players who rarely get injured go down often here. We dint have this dubious injury record under Conte. Maybe something's wrong in his preparation and training.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
So bypass the midfield then

Play longballs and have people run into the second ball

Play a counter attack

None of that happened today
Bonucci used to play long balls but we had to sell him to buy bernardeschi and we did have create few opportunities on counter attack but higuain was unable to take them

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri: 'Juve have what it takes'
By Football Italia staff

Massimiliano Allegri maintains Juventus “have everything it takes to progress” in the Champions League, despite a 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

The Bianconeri had a dream start to this Round of 16 tie, going 2-0 up within nine minutes, but allowed a comeback, missed a penalty and eventually had only 33 per cent possession in Turin.

“It was a good game, Juve made a few mistakes, partly because of their pressure,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“Gigi Buffon made a great save, we had the chance to go 3-0 up and then missed a penalty. We knew there would be difficulties, now the second leg will be a one-off and we’ll try to win.

“It was only normal to have some difficulties. After going 2-0 up, we got too deep and stopped playing, but part of that was also down to Tottenham’s performance. It was still a Champions League Round of 16, let’s not forget.

“It’s a pity we didn’t win, but we have everything it takes to progress to the quarter-finals.

“Tottenham are a very physical and technical team. Apart from one Buffon save, they didn’t have any real chances. We lost the ball playing it out of defence and conceded.”

Juventus changed to a 4-2-3-1 formation, partly due to injuries ruling out Paulo Dybala, Juan Cuadrado, Blaise Matuidi, Andrea Barzagli, Stephan Lichtsteiner and Benedikt Howedes.

“Dybala and Matuidi should be back for the second leg, but that is in a month’s time and we now have to focus on Torino this weekend.”

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Bonucci used to play long balls but we had to sell him to buy bernardeschi and we did have create few opportunities on counter attack but higuain was unable to take them
One chance from counter attack and that build up had a deflection off a Tottenham player if I rememebr correct, so a bit lucky to get even get there

We have no counter attack yet park the bus

It makes no sense how Allegri expects to win games that aren't against serie A bums

Doesn't take a Bonucci to hit a long ball

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Tottenham are a quality team but expecting to win the tie is not a miracle. This year's team is weaker than last season but atleast good enough to pass Tottenham.

I'll blame Allegri for the injuries too. Ever since his appointment, Juve's medical center basically has become Milan lab. Players who rarely get injured go down often here. We dint have this dubious injury record under Conte. Maybe something's wrong in his preparation and training.
As i said before without a midfield you cannot compete at this stage of champions league we cannot string five or six passes together

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
This one is on Allegri. Leaving all the incidents,goals and individuals aside.

He knew the spurs pressing was coming and I thought having costa in the 442 vs a 451 would be to either press dembele or provide an outball for costa to dribble and carry up the field.

Dembele however played really well and shimmied away from any press like he was pirlo.

Overall we didnt seem to have a plan to escape spurs press, maybe we could have switched the ball side to side a bit more.

They were hunting in packs, and I would have expected Allegri to have had the team better prepared for this.

He gets one more crack at them, but it's gonna be tough to win at wembley.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
According to some he's terrible and we don't miss him at all.
Yes we don't miss Vidal pogba alves bonucci

- - - Updated - - -

One chance from counter attack and that build up had a deflection off a Tottenham player if I rememebr correct, so a bit lucky to get even get there

We have no counter attack yet park the bus

It makes no sense how Allegri expects to win games that aren't against serie A bums

Doesn't take a Bonucci to hit a long ball
With higuain you cannot expect us to become a counter attacking team but we did have our chances to finish off the tie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 248)