out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Losing Bonucci and Alves hurt, but Benatia and MDS have both stepped up.
We sold Lemina and Rincon, bought Matuidi and Bentancur. A clear upgrade.
Last season we had zero depth in attack after Pjaca got injured, now we’ve bought two quality attackers in Bernardeschi and Costa.

We have downgraded our defence, but upgraded our midfield and attack. Overall I think our team has improved from last season.
Actually we wanted Matuidi last season and couldn't get him, ended up with Rincon I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

That happens to be one of my criticms of Marotta. Sometimes when he should be more flexible in buying (when negotiating) he takes too long and clubs pull out. We end up with plan B or C.

Probably very sheepish of me, however.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Actually we wanted Matuidi last season and couldn't get him, ended up with Rincon I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

That happens to be one of my criticms of Marotta. Sometimes when he should be more flexible in buying (when negotiating) he takes too long and clubs pull out. We end up with plan B or C.

Probably very sheepish of me, however.
meh he was criticized previous summer for overpaying for players to ensure signings happened quickly and we werent left with massive gaps. Now he was critisized for taking his time and ensuring the club gets a better deal :rolleyes:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Thank god he's moved on from 4231 into a much more fluent 433, now our midfield can actually hold the ball now.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why Khedira keeps starting every game. I can understand him starting against Inter because of his experience, but why did Bentancur not get a chance against Bologna?
Bentancur is an exciting prospect, but he's clearly raw and nowhere near ready to start for us (except vs teams in relegation zone & in CI).

Question is why isn't Marchisio playing more. I didn't watch the last game he started, but he was collecting accolades left and right.

- - - Updated - - -

We had to choose between Allegri and Bonucci-Dani Alves.
We pick the former and we gave him 7m/year
Talking about ambition.
See Dani Alves having an impact at PSG and CL
That choice was a no-brainer.

And I doubt Dani Alves will do as well for PSG. He was too slow and awful for us till business end of the season when our fitness program finally benefited him and made him a little faster, which made all the diff. PSG doesn't have the same fitness regime as we do.

Evra was also poor in his first half season and was good in second half.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
And I doubt Dani Alves will do as well for PSG. He was too slow and awful for us till business end of the season when our fitness program finally benefited him and made him a little faster, which made all the diff. PSG doesn't have the same fitness regime as we do.
He was awful in the last CL group game, directly responsible for two of Bayern’s goals.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Max getting it right with the 433 :tup:

3 man midfield has changed this team. Managed to get Higuain and Dybala to both score. Teams are having a hell of a time breaking us down...takes a brain fart from Asamoah to almost concede a goal.

Liked the lineup today. Only criticism today is no Placa and played Asamoah.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

3 man midfield has changed this team. Managed to get Higuain and Dybala to both score. Teams are having a hell of a time breaking us down...takes a brain fart from Asamoah to almost concede a goal.

Pjaca, thank you. was wondering who else was there to play after the Higuain sub, and couldnt remember. Chiellini and Matuidi - the most pointless subs ever. come on Max

- - - Updated - - -

Higuain too tho

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pjaca, thank you. was wondering who else was there to play after the Higuain sub, and couldnt remember. Chiellini and Matuidi - the most pointless subs ever. come on Max

- - - Updated - - -

Higuain too tho
I think he wanted to get Chiellini some minutes ahead of Roma cuz he has been healing from injury. After Asamoah's mental collapse he brought on Matuidi to lock it down

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Don't let your faith waiver, friend. Look back and reminisce on the gifts his grace, Euromaxx, bestows upon his flock. An on form looking Marchisio who was not shoved back into the starting lineup but gently reintroduced, like a newborn baby deer walking slowly upon its legs with its mother guiding it gently from behind that will, someday soon, grow into a majestic buck. Pjaca will be back, but he must too learn to walk with a gentle and nurturing guidance to become a strong buck

Asamoah is more like dung beetle. His job may be to roll shit, but he rolls shit so that Alex Sandro can be rested for Roma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 76)