out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Utterly shit in the CL when he's reached three consecutive finals, and won one of them.

This is the kind of subjective black and white logic that I hate. It becomes a slippery slope when you call a coach who has reached three finals, shit in the CL.

What does that make other managers if one that has reached 3 finals is shit in the CL?

You say all that, yet you agree with me. :p

You can hate him or his style, like I hate that shitface Mourinho. But credit where its due, the guy is a world class manager that is having a couple of bad seasons.

Did they really? He took over from Sacchi, who was known more for attacking football, so I don't really know what you mean by they were tailored for him. I would say it as the exact opposite.

As for Real Madrid, his second spell was at a time when Real hadn't won a trophy in years. Barcelona had won the previous two league titles and Valencia the one before that. Barcelona at the time had just won back to back League titles and they were CL title holders, not exactly "chokers" at that time.

Heynckens bayern and Guardiola's Bayern were almost identical in roster. Completely different playstyle. Heynckens was vastly superior cause the team was suited for him.

Capello walked into a milan side with the greatest defence in history. Offcourse it was suited for a defensive coach

- - - Updated - - -

He had Baresi, Maldini, Costacurta in the squad.

Naturally it would suit Capello defensive style.

Regarding Capello and CL, he never reached same success after that Milan departure, despite coaching teams like Real and Juve. I still remember how Pool and Arsenal schooled him in the CL for his stubborn ways and he didnt do better with Real either who obviously always desperate for CL. And 5 years at Roma, fair enough won the scudetto but they signed league top scorer in Batistuta, the fact he never 5 seasons, even reach CL knockouts is weird. We have seen on paper lesser coaches like Spalletti go further (knockouts, QFs) in CL than Capello did.

He was never as good in CL after that Milan side. And i dont understand why he took the England and Russia jobs. They were only going to damage his reputation. Became greedy for money?
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Utterly shit in the CL when he's reached three consecutive finals, and won one of them.

This is the kind of subjective black and white logic that I hate. It becomes a slippery slope when you call a coach who has reached three finals, shit in the CL.

What does that make other managers if one that has reached 3 finals is shit in the CL?
Whoah there. Capello is outdated coach, at one point in time he was great, but he didn't adapt and became utterly shit in CL

As for Pep he was extremely lucky with the teams he got. We got to witness his magic when he destroyed a perfect Bayern with his coaching. Anyway, let's just agree to disagree about Pep. He's no shit coach, just a decent one that was at the right place at the right time, that's a skill in itself.

- - - Updated - - -

He isn't having "a couple of bad seasons", he just can't win if he isn't coaching the best team in the league.
Here is the answer.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Check-ups for Juventus players
By Football Italia staff

Every member of the Juventus squad has been subjected to medical tests at Vinovo, to assess their fitness ahead of the Champions League final.

The Bianconeri face Real Madrid in Cardiff on Saturday night, and preparations are continuing this week for the match.

Following this morning’s training session, each player was given a check-up to make sure they’re in top condition for the game.

According to TuttoJuve, the morning training session appeared to confirm yesterday’s suggestion that Coach Max Allegri will go with a 4-2-3-1 shape, with Dani Alves preferred to Juan Cuadrado on the right wing.

In defence, the 'BBC’ of Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini should start, with Barzagli on the right of a back-four.

However, as with the Coppa Italia final and the Champions League semi-final with Monaco, he will move into the centre when the opposition have the ball.

This afternoon will see a tactical workout, as Allegri looks to prepare his side for the threat posed by Madrid.

---

Full squad @Mark?

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30,646
    By Football Italia staff

Every member of the Juventus squad has been subjected to medical tests at Vinovo, to assess their fitness ahead of the Champions League final.

The Bianconeri face Real Madrid in Cardiff on Saturday night, and preparations are continuing this week for the match.

Following this morning’s training session, each player was given a check-up to make sure they’re in top condition for the game.

According to TuttoJuve, the morning training session appeared to confirm yesterday’s suggestion that Coach Max Allegri will go with a 4-2-3-1 shape, with Dani Alves preferred to Juan Cuadrado on the right wing.

In defence, the 'BBC’ of Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini should start, with Barzagli on the right of a back-four.

However, as with the Coppa Italia final and the Champions League semi-final with Monaco, he will move into the centre when the opposition have the ball.

This afternoon will see a tactical workout, as Allegri looks to prepare his side for the threat posed by Madrid.

---

Full squad @Mark?
    :scared:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    By Football Italia staff

---

Full squad @Mark?
    What about Allegri himself. Any news about his injury condition?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Whoah there. Capello is outdated coach, at one point in time he was great, but he didn't adapt and became utterly shit in CL

As for Pep he was extremely lucky with the teams he got. We got to witness his magic when he destroyed a perfect Bayern with his coaching. Anyway, let's just agree to disagree about Pep. He's no shit coach, just a decent one that was at the right place at the right time, that's a skill in itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the answer.
    About Capello: He didn't do too well in the CL after that, but he was always very good in league competitions.

As for Pep; we agree to disagree. Its just interesting to me that as a Juve fan you believe Barcelona in the Pep era had a better team than Juve in the 90's. Most Juve fans wouldn't agree with that when Juve had a prime Del Piero, Zidane, Inzaghi, Davids, Deschamps, Ferrara and Peruzzi in those days.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    About Capello: He didn't do too well in the CL after that, but he was always very good in league competitions.

As for Pep; we agree to disagree. Its just interesting to me that as a Juve fan you believe Barcelona in the Pep era had a better team than Juve in the 90's. Most Juve fans wouldn't agree with that when Juve had a prime Del Piero, Zidane, Inzaghi, Davids, Deschamps, Ferrara and Peruzzi in those days.
    That team won a CL and leagues.

But Messi is on another level. Plus Messi, Xavi and Iniesta combined was what made barca that good. They were extraordinary, but combined they had such a synergy that for a an average coach like Pep it was possible to dominate. And it didn't hurt that Pep was picture perfect for that style too. He didn't adapt or invent anything, it was just that he was at the right time at the right place and got the best possible players for his style.

We can see how good Pep is after he left them.

As for Capello, I doubt anyone here would say that Capello is bad in league games, at least when he was relevant. But he and his tactics got outplayed in europe and he didn't adapt. Just like Pep can't adapt to anything other then his style.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Is it such an outlandish idea that some coaches simply fit some circumstances better than others?

As some other guy here said, Pep probably wouldn't have been as successful as Mourinho with Porto & Inter. But I'm having a really hard time believing that Barca would have been as good with Mourinho from 2008-2011.

Just like Allegri wouldn't have been able to do with Juve what Conte did in 2012, while leading us to 2 CL finals in three years, something I very much doubt Conte would've accomplished.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    That team won a CL and leagues.

But Messi is on another level. Plus Messi, Xavi and Iniesta combined was what made barca that good. They were extraordinary, but combined they had such a synergy that for a an average coach like Pep it was possible to dominate. And it didn't hurt that Pep was picture perfect for that style too. He didn't adapt or invent anything, it was just that he was at the right time at the right place and got the best possible players for his style.

We can see how good Pep is after he left them.

As for Capello, I doubt anyone here would say that Capello is bad in league games, at least when he was relevant. But he and his tactics got outplayed in europe and he didn't adapt. Just like Pep can't adapt to anything other then his style.
    So you rate Messi higher than Del Piero and Zidane? You also rate that Barca generation higher than Juve's generation in the 90's?

They must have been so much better to the point that an average coach could take them and win so much. Because that Juve generation needed a legendary coach like Lippi to get them titles, and even with a legendary coach like Lippi weren't able to get the same results as that Barca team.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Is it such an outlandish idea that some coaches simply fit some circumstances better than others?

As some other guy here said, Pep probably wouldn't have been as successful as Mourinho with Porto & Inter. But I'm having a really hard time believing that Barca would have been as good with Mourinho from 2008-2011.

Just like Allegri wouldn't have been able to do with Juve what Conte did in 2012, while leading us to 2 CL finals in three years, something I very much doubt Conte would've accomplished.
    No barca would not have been good with Mourinho, that's the point it was perfect for Pep. But the thing is Mourinho went to diferent teams and made it work, even if they were filled with top talent. Pep destroyed a perfect machine like Bayern. Pep is not flexible at all and we already have seen his best because he can't adapt that's why he is just average coach, a lucky one though.

- - - Updated - - -

So you rate Messi higher than Del Piero and Zidane? You also rate that Barca generation higher than Juve's generation in the 90's?

They must have been so much better to the point that an average coach could take them and win so much. Because that Juve generation needed a legendary coach like Lippi to get them titles, and even with a legendary coach like Lippi weren't able to get the same results as that Barca team.
    To rate different teams from different eras is a bit wrong imo. You can judge how dominant they were in their eras and barca takes the top in this case with or without Pep, as we have seen with that barca team many average or not great coached did some extraordinary things.

Lippi won world cup on the other hand. Not everything is up to the coach, for eg Arsenal, it's not all down to Wenger being shit, but the culture of club is shit and leaves no room for winning and ambitions. That barca was tailored for Pep's style and had the best possible players for his system, best players in history in their position probably (Xavi, Messi).

And yes, I rate Messi higher then DP on impact, pre injury Del Piero just slightly behind on impact. But that was not my point, my point was that there were 3 players that made each other better so much that they were perfect for one another. All of them seperatly would not have been such a dangerous thing, but together they were out of this world good. I would even add that Xavi and tikitaka system was the main reason behind barcas success.

But for the beauty and magic of the game Messi is miles behind Del Piero or Zidane.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

based on what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 25, Guests: 185)