out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Based on the fact that he choked away the league with a stronger Milan side in 2011/2012? Then took that Milan team further down the path the next years.
I had this discussion several times explaning how Milan lost the league, so i wont do it again. However, "then took that Milan team further down the path the next years"? GTFO Clueless Melo

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Forgot a "probably" there. There's no way we can know for sure, just as with any of the other examples.

But nothing in his resume suggest he would've been able to do it, that was a remarkable feat that only very few managers would've been capable of.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on the fact that he choked away the league with a stronger Milan side in 2011/2012? Then took that Milan team further down the path the next years.
Yeah at least the second part is pure BS

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I had this discussion several times explaning how Milan lost the league, so i wont do it again. However, "then took that Milan team further down the path the next years"? GTFO Clueless Melo
for sure it was the management's fault as well. But ultimately the coach takes the blame.

- - - Updated - - -

He'll surpass Conte for sure if he wins CL

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Forgot a "probably" there. There's no way we can know for sure, just as with any of the other examples.

But nothing in his resume suggest he would've been able to do it, that was a remarkable feat that only very few managers would've been capable of.
It had a lot to do with the great additions we made during the summer, and all of them staying fit all year and playing 30+ games (no CL helped too).

Anyway, the team being as good as ours and healthy all year, no CL, the new stadium, and a required point total of 81 for 1st place, leads me to believe a coach as good and as adaptable as Max could have pulled it off. But as you say, no way we ever find out so its just speculation.

Not to take away from anyone involved in that season as everyone deserves the utmost praise

- - - Updated - - -

for sure it was the management's fault as well. But ultimately the coach takes the blame.

- - - Updated - - -

He'll surpass Conte for sure if he wins CL
He finished 3rd with a pathetic squad, he did well. As for the previous season, you can say he choked away, but one look at the roster and the minutes and matches played for each player stat tells you what you need to know about that magnificient Milan of 2012.

And he already surpassed Conte

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
It had a lot to do with the great additions we made during the summer, and all of them staying fit all year and playing 30+ games (no CL helped too).

Anyway, the team being as good as ours and healthy all year, no CL, the new stadium, and a required point total of 81 for 1st place, leads me to believe a coach as good and as adaptable as Max could have pulled it off. But as you say, no way we ever find out so its just speculation.

Not to take away from anyone involved in that season as everyone deserves the utmost praise

- - - Updated - - -

He finished 3rd with a pathetic squad, he did well. As for the previous season, you can say he choked away, but one look at the roster and the minutes and matches played for each player stat tells you what you need to know about that magnificient Milan of 2012.

And he already surpassed Conte
Serie-A wins with by far the best teams + couple of coppa italia doesn't do anything for him. CL is the real deal.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
For me it's simple. They are both great coaches who are better in different ways.

Conte gets the best out of his players and makes his teams punch above their weight, but we've yet to see if he can do the same at the highest level.

Allegri is a master tactician who can find the best formula for his teams but obviously, the better his players, the better he can execute his plans.

Conte does better with underdogs, but Allegri is the man to get the potential out of a great team.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Two finals against a quarter final and a group exit and still it is not enough?
Two losing finals wouldn't cut it.

For me it's simple. They are both great coaches who are better in different ways.

Conte gets the best out of his players and makes his teams punch above their weight, but we've yet to see if he can do the same at the highest level.

Allegri is a master tactician who can find the best formula for his teams but obviously, the better his players, the better he can execute his plans.

Conte does better with underdogs, but Allegri is the man to get the potential out of a great team.
So true.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Serie-A wins with by far the best teams + couple of coppa italia doesn't do anything for him. CL is the real deal.
So the teams that Conte had the following two seasons weren't the best in Serie A? Really?

Where else can I go with this? Let's see. Ok, how about- "How many champions did Conte lose on his roster at any one time in any of his three seasons at Juve" I'll give you a hint. More than -1, but less than 1.

And it's not a couple of Coppa Italia, it is three straight. Three more than what Conte won. But I'm pretty sure that nothing would make you giggle like an 8 year old girl at a Katy Perry concert more than seeing Juve lose on Saturday, just so your narrative doesn't have to change.

How convenient of you to show up all of a sudden.

- - - Updated - - -

3 double crowns in a row, 2 CL finals and a Ro.16 exit to a top3 club. Its enough

How would you describe Contes teams in 2013 and 2014?
He's not going to answer that, because he knows damn well that Juve had the best squads those two years as well.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
So the teams that Conte had the following two seasons weren't the best in Serie A? Really?

Where else can I go with this? Let's see. Ok, how about- "How many champions did Conte lose on his roster at any one time in any of his three seasons at Juve" I'll give you a hint. More than -1, but less than 1.

And it's not a couple of Coppa Italia, it is three straight. Three more than what Conte won. But I'm pretty sure that nothing would make you giggle like an 8 year old girl at a Katy Perry concert more than seeing Juve lose on Saturday, just so your narrative doesn't have to change.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not going to answer that, because he knows damn well that Juve had the best squads those two years as well.
Conte's teams were better, but the difference wasn't as big as it is now. Only in 13-14 did he have a team on the level of Allegri's teams. Conte played with the likes of Quagliarella and Vucinic (had Tevez for one season) while Allegri's Juve replaced Tevez with Mandzukic and signed players directly from their rivals. Wanna know who Conte got from their rivals? Pazienza.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Conte's teams were better, but the difference wasn't as big as it is now. Only in 13-14 did he have a team on the level of Allegri's teams. Conte played with the likes of Quagliarella and Vucinic while Allegri's Juve replaced Tevez with Mandzukic and signed players directly from their rivals. Wanna know who Conte got from their rivals? Pazienza.
And if Conte had the patience to stay, he would have gotten those players as well.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Last season was as impresive as 2012 to me for the simple fact that people have given up. I mean, after 12 rounds you had people talking about getting atleast a top3 finish (if were lucky) and passing the group in CL. Then we go on and win it with 25 wins in 26 games :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
But he made the right decision to leave because he knew he couldn't do any better than he did so stop being a bitter old man.
:howler:

Wait, wait wait.

"He knew he couldn't do better" What does that even mean? That he was unsure that he could take the club to the next level? That he didn't have it in him to do so?

I'm sorry, but did he win back to back to back trebles while he was here? Am I missing something?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Conte's teams were better, but the difference wasn't as big as it is now. Only in 13-14 did he have a team on the level of Allegri's teams. Conte played with the likes of Quagliarella and Vucinic (had Tevez for one season) while Allegri's Juve replaced Tevez with Mandzukic and signed players directly from their rivals. Wanna know who Conte got from their rivals? Pazienza.
Did Conte ever had 2 teams finish with 87 and 86 points in one season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 25, Guests: 124)