out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 1, 2010
And Macabi Haifa. Lets not forget these giants. Allegri brought the best of his squad but Macabi and Benfica squads are just too star-studded.

We didn't make it out of the group stage because Euromax is a dinosaur who have not improved the team by an inch for 2 seasons now, not because of the strength of the squad. Like you say one paragraph later, even Milan and Inter who have worse squads than us made it out of the Champions League group stage.

Give him a better squad and he won't challenge for the title, and wont do shit in the CL. He'll drag them down to his level.
He underperformed in the Champions League this year, no doubt about that. We also should not have lost to Vilarreal last season. However, overall in his Juventus career he has obtained results in an unspectacular fashion with what he has had to work with.

Let's not forget all the injuries this team has had to deal with. We were without Chiesa, Pogba and Di Maria was often injured at the start of the season. I am not making excuses for him as I would like to replace him as well but we should be objective and factual.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
He underperformed in the Champions League this year, no doubt about that. We also should not have lost to Vilarreal last season. However, overall in his Juventus career he has obtained results in an unspectacular fashion with what he has had to work with.

Let's not forget all the injuries this team has had to deal with. We were without Chiesa, Pogba and Di Maria was often injured at the start of the season. I am not making excuses for him as I would like to replace him as well but we should be objective and factual.
He has done good job after points deduction but to think that we are only 7 points behind Milan, just goes to show how piss poor Serie A is. I have predicted that we will be able to achieve 4th place even with the punishment and slowly it may become true.

But given how weak the competition is, he should be running with the scudetto in this 2nd year.
So unless he win UEL, anything else should be considered failure. No excuses

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Under performed is an understatement. Humiliated is more fitting. Underperforming in the league too and again that’s supposedly in the second season where we were supposed to have seen huge progress.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
This season is an abject failure if it doesn't result in an EL win

Regardless of what is going on off the pitch, that should be our main focus. A genuine chance to win a European trophy and gain direct access to CL no matter what FIGC cunts come up with.

I don't care about where we are in the league table, I don't really care much about these wins against Inter as it's not making a huge difference.

But winning the EL will and it will also make up for the humiliating group stage exit which shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Who cares if Allegro is showing 'passion' and defending the club. If all this 'bringing the team together' doesn't result in achieving our objectives, he might as well take his passion, head back to Livorno and leave this club alone.

Jihad on and off the pitch doesn't mean we keep reducing our expectations.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Let's see how we finish the season, that will be crucial before making evaluations. We crashed in CL, conversely are doing well in EL, and we are doing well in the league all things considered.

I posted here the same in the summer, I think we weakened our squad going into the season, and I think it's even more clear now. The youth injection turned out very good, which is great, but the finances and the market weakened the ambitions of Juve for this season. Throw in the points penalty and the fact that we are on track for improving our league performance compared to last year is a success in Serie A.

We'll have to see how we end the season in the 3 completions we still have and how is the general play and mood of the club to see if Allegri deserves to go or stay. In November I would have said sack.

For me, at this point, things are finally looking optimistic at Juve. We look so much better mentally and as a team. From that moment of Chiellini saying "they are not a team" to now there is a lot of difference. It's not something to be thrown away easily imo. If things continue on this path then I think it's right to give continuity to Allegri and the team, to find stability.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He has done good job after points deduction but to think that we are only 7 points behind Milan, just goes to show how piss poor Serie A is. I have predicted that we will be able to achieve 4th place even with the punishment and slowly it may become true.

But given how weak the competition is, he should be running with the scudetto in this 2nd year.
Statements like these don't exactly strengthen your argument.
Because, you know, results currently show the exact opposite.

This season is an abject failure if it doesn't result in an EL win
An abject failure in Europe, sure.
Serie A remains to be seen, imo.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Statements like these don't exactly strengthen your argument.
Because, you know, results currently show the exact opposite.

An abject failure in Europe, sure.
Serie A remains to be seen, imo.
We don't have complete control over what's happening in Serie A

We have complete control of what could potentially happen in Europe.

It should be treated as a realistic objective considering we're competing with clubs who don't have anywhere near the resources as us except for Union.

We can control our future if we win EL. I don't care if we escape relegation on the last day of the season as long as we win EL.

If a trash club like Milan or Inter have a chance to make CL semis, we have all the ability in the world to win EL.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Regardless of what is going on off the pitch...
every team would be affected by this level of injustice, not a single exception. you can't evaluate this season without considering the political attack on juventus, this defines it all. the system took away 2 completely legit points against salernitana, i bet we would have easily beaten monza at home without the points penalty, and there's those 15 points. that's 20 points altogether, we'd be on cruise control in 2nd place

...We look so much better mentally and as a team. From that moment of Chiellini saying "they are not a team" to now there is a lot of difference. It's not something to be thrown away easily imo. If things continue on this path then I think it's right to give continuity to Allegri and the team, to find stability.
besides some young guns getting actual regular playtime and especially fagioli establishing himself as a starter (which is also the result of years of utterly poor recruiting), that's the only positive thing about this season. it reminds me a bit of how milan got mentally tougher when ibra returned. sometimes we show balls as a team, which we stopped doing years ago

that said, i'm still unhappy with our season, and allegri must be held accountable for that, especially for the string of unacceptable results during the first part of the season. i'm not sure i can accept throwing away the cl group without even entering the race for a last 16 place (although benfica is easily the biggest surprise of the season, geniunely strong unit), getting underwhelming results against teams like monza, samp or haifa, and the overall lack of confidence during this two seasons. squad's bad, there are plenty of injuries, that's still not an alibi for not being able to trash minnows confidently, and only getting very few results against direct rivals on the table. 1 point against roma this season, ffs, at least beat them at home

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
every team would be affected by this level of injustice, not a single exception. you can't evaluate this season without considering the political attack on juventus, this defines it all. the system took away 2 completely legit points against salernitana, i bet we would have easily beaten monza at home without the points penalty, and there's those 15 points. that's 20 points altogether, we'd be on cruise control in 2nd place
Isn't this being considered a positive effect on the team given how we've bounced back after the verdict?

Isn't Allegro being lauded for rallying the troops around and how we've been able to consistently grind out results for the past month or so?

Since that is the case, I don't think expecting club to win EL regardless of what's going on is an unrealistic expectation given that it wasn't an objective in the first place.

Allegro deserves to be bashed and criticised for the football he's gotten the team to play but that criticism seems less evident now given he's getting results.

I bet nobody would bat an eyelid about our league position come the end of the season as long as we can win EL.

Allegro would 100% deserve the benefit of the doubt if we get 4th or higher in the table or win EL, but without that, we can't overlook the humiliating results in the first half of the season which was before the scandal broke out. Hence for me the season would be a failure if we don't achieve either of the above objective(s).

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Isn't this being considered a positive effect on the team given how we've bounced back after the verdict?

Isn't Allegro being lauded for rallying the troops around and how we've been able to consistently grind out results for the past month or so?

Since that is the case, I don't think expecting club to win EL regardless of what's going on is an unrealistic expectation given that it wasn't an objective in the first place.

Allegro deserves to be bashed and criticised for the football he's gotten the team to play but that criticism seems less evident now given he's getting results.

I bet nobody would bat an eyelid about our league position come the end of the season as long as we can win EL.

Allegro would 100% deserve the benefit of the doubt if we get 4th or higher in the table or win EL, but without that, we can't overlook the humiliating results in the first half of the season which was before the scandal broke out. Hence for me the season would be a failure if we don't achieve either of the above objective(s).
I think everyone agrees that we can win EL and that is the main objective now. Just that it doesn't mean that off the field issues have no effect on a team.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I think everyone agrees that we can win EL and that is the main objective now. Just that it doesn't mean that off the field issues have no effect on a team.
No one's denying that. It can effect positively or negatively and in our case, it seems to have effected positively and I will give credit to Allegro for that.

But what happened before the off field issues can't be ignored either. It's not like we were high flying before what happened off the field so this cannot be treated as an excuse or justify our trash brand of football and humiliating results in the first half of the season.

We were worse off before the scandal broke out. It's not like the scandal derailed us. If anything, it has effected us positively

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...it seems to have effected positively...
yeah, that's exactly why we're 7th on the table, ~20 points off compared to where we should stand now. let's thank chiné for saving our season

team morale was started to get better before the points penalty already, we were grinding out results, beat inda and lazio before figc hit us. napoli was ugly, otherwise the character started to build with the string of clean sheets. and considering how the press started to leak about a points penalty way before it happened i'm sure the team did know what to expect before we learned about it

positive effect? mckennie allegedly left because he didn't want to finish outside the cl places :snoop:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The Serie A season is starting to get more positive, we're mathematically on pace for a 79 point season and the trend is positive, so we probably will finish above 80 (not counting the -15 which have nothing to do with coach or players), which is a significant improvement on the 70 points of last season.

Question is do we see this team progressing in the right direction under the terrorist next season (I dont think so) and does he request more experienced champions like Paredes and Pogba in the summer to further fuck up the squad building.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
yeah, that's exactly why we're 7th on the table, ~20 points off compared to where we should stand now. let's thank chiné for saving our season

team morale was started to get better before the points penalty already, we were grinding out results, beat inda and lazio before figc hit us. napoli was ugly, otherwise the character started to build with the string of clean sheets. and considering how the press started to leak about a points penalty way before it happened i'm sure the team did know what to expect before we learned about it

positive effect? mckennie allegedly left because he didn't want to finish outside the cl places :snoop:
This is very selective debating.

Chine was not responsible for 5 losses in the group stage of CL. An unprecedented feat.

Di Maria wasn't thinking of the Prisma investigation when he elbowed a Monza player or Allegro did not have plusvalenzagate on his mind when he was routinely getting battered by trash teams.

We were already on low morale, had poor physical conditioning, playing crap football and getting terrible results way before any off the field scandal broke out.

The scandal just made matters worse or added insult to injury.

Sure we picked ourselves up but jihadball already had done significant damage.

This 15 point deduction seems to be have been a blessing in disguise. Our supreme Talibani commander has been able to unite our players to wage jihad against the rest of the FIGC fraternity but whether or not this translates to significant results like an EL win for example remains to be seen.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
No one's denying that. It can effect positively or negatively and in our case, it seems to have effected positively and I will give credit to Allegro for that.

But what happened before the off field issues can't be ignored either. It's not like we were high flying before what happened off the field so this cannot be treated as an excuse or justify our trash brand of football and humiliating results in the first half of the season.

We were worse off before the scandal broke out. It's not like the scandal derailed us. If anything, it has effected us positively
We had 8 wins in a row without conceding. Id say we were flying high until Napoli game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 96)