Mascherano rumor again (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
Mascherano Desperate For Nightmare To End West Ham midfielder Javier Mascherano admits he is keen to leave the club after a lack of first-team opportunities.

The Argentinian joined in a high profile transfer deal with compatriot Carlos Tevez in August but has started just three Premiership matches and has not figured under new manager Alan Curbishley.

"I must leave. I can't spend any more time without playing,” he was quoted as saying in Equipo.

"It's to be expected that if I'm not playing for West Ham I will have to continue my career with another club. I came to England to succeed but so far I've not had the opportunities to do so."

Juventus have reportedly pulled out of the race to sign Mascherano, who has also been linked with Liverpool and Real Zaragoza.

Tevez has been given more of a chance to showcase his talents, but despite some encouraging displays, has yet to find the net for the Hammers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Who cares if he scores when he do a good job in the midfield?
Pirlo doesn't scores too much (except for FK) but he's a great player. Deschamps scored like 3 goals in his carrer, but he was good

edit: Deschamps scored 21 goals in his whole football carrer.
Oh comon guys, don't tell me Juve didn't benefit from scoring abilities of the likes of Davids, Tacchi, Conte, Vieira and Emerson before.

I agree it's not his job, but still...

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
Benitez eyes up double swoop
Jan 4 2007
By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are closing in on January targets Lucas Neill and Javier Mascherano - with an Anfield board meeting today expected to open the door to their arrival.

As the DIC takeover saga nears a successful conclusion at Liverpool, Rafa Benitez is seeking a swift completion of deals which have been a priority for several months.

The Reds boss wants the players in place early during the transfer window, and hopes there will be no delays which may prove costly to his plans.

Both Neill and Argentinian Mascherano are ready to move to Anfield, but the finishing touches are still to be put in place.

Clearly there is a balancing act for the board as they juggle immediate concerns with the long-term strategy of the prospective owners, but the manager is in need of new recruits this month.

Benitez is also hoping to complete a deal for 16-year-old James McCarthy for £100,000 from Hamilton Academicals.

Central midfielder Mascherano's transfer would initially be a loan until the end of the season, which could become permanent if he adapts more successfully at Liverpool than he has at West Ham.

Benitez has identified the 22-year-old as a quality cover for Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso as the Reds enter a crucial period with Momo Sissoko still on the treatment table.

Despite suggestions Mascherano can't play for three clubs in the same season, in fact, he's only played for one during this campaign.

The South American season ended on December 31, 2005, before Mascherano joined West Ham in the summer of 2006.

However, any move would still have to be ratified by FIFA.

Mascherano has made it clear he wants to move to Liverpool, and a deal has been agreed with his representatives Media Sports Investments.

Neill is another player who hopes he's played his last game for his current club.

The Aussie defender is suspended for this weekend's FA Cup third round at Goodison Park, and Benitez hopes to have him on board in time for Liverpool's Premiership game at Watford.

Neill would also be eligible for the Champions League, because new rules state at least one player in a squad list who's played in the UEFA Cup can also feature in the premier competition.

As in August, his hopes depend on how keen Blackburn are to hold onto a player nearing a Bosman.

Mark Hughes still wants to sign Stephen Warnock as part of a swop deal. Warnock is also attracting the attention of Sunderland, but would clearly prefer to remain in the Premiership.

Liverpool Echo

----------------------------
wtf juventus is going on....!!!!!!!
do u believe Giglii again???

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
well the way i see it juve havnt even got into the nitty dritty of the negotiations yet, we will learn next week the situation of mascherano for sure, secco claiming its gona be difficult to buy - yes! - he was hardly buying boumsong, but i think its far from dead

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
West Ham's Mascherano takes Liverpool medical
tribalfooball.com - January 04, 2007

Liverpool are wrapping up the signing of West Ham United midfielder Javier Mascherano.

The Sun says Argentine Mascherano, 22, was on Merseyside yesterday for a medical after West Ham agreed to let him go.

However, under FIFA rules, players are only allowed to play for two clubs in a season and the midfielder has already appeared for Brazilian side Corinthians as well as the Hammers.

The Argentine FA have applied to FIFA for special dispensation for Mascherano on the grounds he has been frozen out at Upton Park and his exile from the team is damaging the national side's interests.

Liverpool will also have to support that application once they have signed Mascherano.

Yet it could still be that FIFA turn down the request to leave the player and the Anfield side in limbo.

Mascherano, who made the last of his five starts for West Ham on October 22 against Tottenham, would join on loan initially with a view to a permanent summer deal.
------

I really hope this isn't true. Isn't there supposed to be a meeting between Juve and their people on Saturday, when the Trofeo Berlusconi is going to be played?

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
third is better then no choice at all ...

I still think every news is classified as rummor, after i see a picutre of Mascherano with a Liverpool jersey then i will believe it :)

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Is Javier the most rumoured person in the world atm?there isnt a day goes back that we can read he will sign with Juve then the next day he will sign with Liverpool.Still i hope he will be ours, come on Secco show us how good you are!
Btw i still prefer Trezie above Stevie G, Trezie can play in Serie A and we dont know that about stevie G, we need a powerhouse bulldogg like Davids,Gatusso,Gravesen. I know he left us for Real but why arent we getting Emerson back? He wants too leave Madrid and we need a Serie A midfielder, he is old but he cant play for us for at least 2 years.
Does anyone agrees with me with this or is this just my work driving me crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)