Mascherano rumor again (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Juventus will offer Javier Mascherano a route out of West Ham in January, according to reports in South America.

The fallen Italian giants have been long-term admirers of the diminutive Argentine - who has failed to settle in East London.

Juventus are top of Serie B as they look to seal an immediate move back to the top-flight, but they are still looking to bolster their options in January.

Juventus legend Omar Sivori tipped off his old club about Mascherano before his death in 2005 and they have kept tabs on him ever since.

Mascherano along with team-mate and compatriot Carlos Tevez are expected to have their futures looked at in January when the transfer window reopens.

West Ham have insisted they intend to keep the pair, but with MSI controlling their interests a move looks increasingly likely.

Should Juve firm up their interest, then a move to Turin is sure to appeal to Mascherano.

-Sky Sports

Old news.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Argentinian star Javier Mascherano says leaving West Ham has 'not crossed his mind' despite talk of a possible move to Juventus in January.

The destructive midfielder has endured a nightmare spell at Upton Park ever since his shock transfer deadline day move from Corinthians, and has been linked with an exit to Italy.

Juventus coach Didier Deschamps has admitted his liking for the former River Plate prodigy, who has seen the commanding reputation he built up at the World Cup compromised by his struggles with The Hammers.

Mascherano was afforded less of a chance to impress than compatriot Carlos Tevez under Alan Pardew's rule, and was unable to make the bench for Alan Curbishley's debut win over Manchester United.

Whilst the midfielder admits he is unhappy about a lack of opportunities at Upton Park, Mascherano insists he is not ready to give up on his dream of shining in England.

"It hasn't crossed my mind to leave the Premier League after being unsuccessful here. But if I'm still not playing, things get complicated," said Mascherano in The Guardian.

"Our team-mates have welcomed us well and, what with the language problem, I can't complain as to how they've treated us.

"I came to the Premier League really excited about it all, because I wanted to be successful at West Ham.

"This was my aim and it still is, but I haven't had enough opportunity to see if this will be possible."

Mascherano is desperate to prove his worth with The Hammers and has pleaded with Curbishley to give him a fair chance in the first XI.

"I don't know anything about our new coach, Curbishley, but I hope that he starts from scratch with all of the players and each one has a chance to play," Mascherano added.

"They've given me great references about our new coach, but my only concern is to prove that I'm not a bad player as some would like to have you believe.

"Pardew was very excited when Tevez and I first came but slowly his trust in us diminished and we were left out of matches."

SkySports.com

:shocked:

Mar 14, 2004
I don't want him.... he's onley a destroyer.....and who will create? IMO,Zanetti is just fine when doing decomposing opponent attack and what we should bring is a creative midfielder with working capabilities. I watched Lucas Leiva several times(as Inter and Milan unfortunately) and he seems like better choice for us. If we had Zidane in our team,I would take Amscherao anyday but considering that we need all-round midfielder,I'm afraid that he isn't the best choice.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

that is correct, mascherano is a uber-defensive middfielder. though zanetti is doing a good job for now, he is already 30 and serie a is a lot more competitive, having both of them would be excellent. in the long run mascherano could do us a world of good.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
that is correct, mascherano is a uber-defensive middfielder. though zanetti is doing a good job for now, he is already 30 and serie a is a lot more competitive, having both of them would be excellent. in the long run mascherano could do us a world of good.
:agree:

Nejc

May 13, 2006
do we really need another defensive midfielder?I mean we have Marchiso, Paro, Zanetti, and I dont believe that we will use more than one defensive midfielder at once

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Maybe but it's a pitty that Paro isnt Pirlo and we don't have Kaka + Seedorf to attack from midfield.
How good is this paro??

I havnt seen much of juve this season but people are saying hes the next big thing... but everytime I read a review of a game in the match thread he gets a bad rating... so why all the praise??

P.S I think we need some quality signings coz I really dont think these kids will have what it takes to win serie A!!

Mar 14, 2004
I think that he's overrated a lil bit. He is creative but his running capabilities seem a bit low. IMO he'll not become a player like...let's say Maresca(same type of player) and everybody knows that I haven't considered Enzo a Juve class of player.

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
paro hasnt been playing some great games for a while now.. he is a good player , but definetely overateddd... i think he is usefull to juventus for serie a as a backup to our first squad.. i stilll cant understand how come at juventus nobody belived in maresca.. it was already ovbious that he was a talent...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
We need a good defensive midfielder cause we don´t have one except Zanetti.

Paro, Marchisio and Giannichedda are not good enough for our high ambitions, so yes, we need Mascherano and possibly a player like Joe Cole, Robben or Kaka. :toast:

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
Originally Posted by mark83

Paro, Marchisio and Giannichedda are not good enough for our high ambitions, so yes, we need Mascherano and possibly a player like Joe Cole, Robben or Kaka.
:drool:

but as if we can get any of those:groan:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

Paro, Marchisio and Giannichedda are not good enough for our high ambitions, so yes, we need Mascherano and possibly a player like Joe Cole, Robben or Kaka. :toast:

Marchisio will be :stuckup:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)