Martin Cáceres (8 Viewers)

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
If he tore his achilles then his Juve career is over. So sad. Amazing player. He could have been a legend here if not for all the injuries.

Nov 17, 2012
Those tears, it's like he knew that this may well be the end of his Juventus career... I for one certainly hope not, even for Juve, it would make more economic sense, even if they wanted to moce him on, to give him another 2 years extension and get him fit again.. It is just a shame this has happened just as he was earning everyone's trust back and stringing some solid minutes and decent performances together... Oh Martin... Why you! :'( :cry:

Our only hope is that his agent Fonseca was deep in negotiations for a contract renewal, and Allegri seems to like him; those tears just struck a cord... Given the chance I'm almost certain Caceres would retire at Juve, or at least would play his best years here before seeing out his final days back in South America.. He just oozes Juventus spirit and grinta, he embodies the attitude of the club so much when he's on the pitch. :(

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
# games Caceres missed in his 2nd stint with us (a 4-yr period): 73
And he made 89 appearances during this 2nd spell.

73...that's 1.5 season's worth of games. Incredible.

And the 89 appearances tell you how important he's for us when fit.

I don't know whether he should remain with us or not (I'm leaning towards should). I'm not sure what's the right move here. Don't think there's a wrong move though.

I feel bad for him getting injured, but hopefully it means we won't renew his contract.

Far too injury prone, far too mistake prone and far too car crash prone.

Move him on in the summer, promote alternate between Barza and Rugani next season, with someone like Lorenzo Tonelli as fifth-choice :tup:
He isn't at all. He's a very dependable backup when fit.

You'd need to replace him with both a CB and a RB.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Was hard watching him cry; i could sense his frustration at being injured again. Dude isna warrior and gives his all for us i hope he gets another chance with us and can stay injury free for a decent peroid of time.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Juve should still considering extension for martin. lower wages maybe.. Theres not many reliable defender where ready as a starter/bench player.

And his versatility is much needed in ever changing juve (352/4312).

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Juve should still considering extension for martin. lower wages maybe.. Theres not many reliable defender where ready as a starter/bench player.

And his versatility is much needed in ever changing juve (352/4312).
He has played very little in his second stint at the club. We should be looking at a more reliable backup.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Damn... That's why he cried when they carried him off :(

He was awesome character, damn that sucks. All the best to him.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Man, gotta be tough having this massive injury just before big contract signing.
Hopefully he can get the money he wanted from the Chinese.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)