Martin Cáceres (4 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Very good game. He was missed, especially since we switched to back 4.

Licht could use a lesson from him when it comes to crossing. We're well stacked at RB as things stand though.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Martin is awesome. One of my favourite players. I still wonder why no coach has tried him in the LB spot. I think he could do quite well.
? He played mainly as LB in Uruguay for many years and Conte threw him on as LB and later on as LWB on several occasions.
From the times I've seen him as LB he will always offer hard work and he is a good player, but if you want him to move forward he offers more as a RB than a LB.

If he is a RB, LB, CB, WB, WTF-B or whatever doesn't matter. He can cover all positions this beast has gotta stay here for years to come. He is also much superior to Ogbonna, and if he would be able to show for a lengthy period of time that he can stop making crazy ass mistakes every now and then I would probably also prefer him before Bonbon. Though, I think bonbon as a partner suits Chiellini better.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
? He played mainly as LB in Uruguay for many years and Conte threw him on as LB and later on as LWB on several occasions.
From the times I've seen him as LB he will always offer hard work and he is a good player, but if you want him to move forward he offers more as a RB than a LB.

If he is a RB, LB, CB, WB, WTF-B or whatever doesn't matter. He can cover all positions this beast has gotta stay here for years to come. He is also much superior to Ogbonna, and if he would be able to show for a lengthy period of time that he can stop making crazy ass mistakes every now and then I would probably also prefer him before Bonbon. Though, I think bonbon as a partner suits Chiellini better.
I agree that he is better at RB. However, I don't like leaving Licht on the bench. And when Caceres hits form, its difficult to leave him on the bench as well. However, I woulc easily see Evra on the bench and switch Asa to the midfield, especially since we have a shortage there. Yes Conte used him there every now and then, but I would like to see something more consistent at some point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)