Martin Cáceres (14 Viewers)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Oh man, the way you rate Bonucci so highly and undervalue Caceres is ridiculous. Both are good players, neither is excellent and they both have a lot of improvements to go through in order to be called top defenders.

As for Caceres, just like Bonucci, he is reliable. He isn't excellent, he isn't horrible, he is good. If you don't appreciate him that's cool but come on dawg....don't be busting the balls of the ones that do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
What do you dislike about Caceres' his game then? Awesome header, good crosser, energetic powerful runs forward, doesn't foul/get cards often. He's matured a lot since his Sevilla days.
He's a defender with average defending.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man, the way you rate Bonucci so highly and undervalue Caceres is ridiculous. Both are good players, neither is excellent and they both have a lot of improvements to go through in order to be called top defenders.

As for Caceres, just like Bonucci, he is reliable. He isn't excellent, he isn't horrible, he is good. If you don't appreciate him that's cool but come on dawg....don't be busting the balls of the ones that do.
He's a good backup.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
If he is good enough to take the role, why shouldn't he be starting? Makes no sense at all? Litch isn't going no where but he won't be here forever. If Caceres has what it takes why shouldn't he start? If he is performing poorly then sure, buy an adequate starter but if he delivers the goods why not.

If you against him starting despite being good enough just because it's Caceres, then maybe you just have a negative bias towards Martin because of his past here.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I remember atleast two MoM performances from him in defence against Celtic and Roma.

- - - Updated - - -

and if you look at the stats thread, the great @Red didn't even see a single one of his errors leading to goals.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If he is good enough to take the role, why shouldn't he be starting? Makes no sense at all? Litch isn't going no where but he won't be here forever. If Caceres has what it takes why shouldn't he start? If he is performing poorly then sure, buy an adequate starter but if he delivers the goods why not.

If you against him starting despite being good enough just because it's Caceres, then maybe you just have a negative bias towards Martin because of his past here.
Dude, you think he's good enough. I think not. I'm only against him starting because I think we'll find much better than him if we won't have Licht.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: He is a very competent backup. However, if he wants to get regular playing time and demands a move elsewhere (as some reports are suggesting) I'd let him go, as he deserves that opportunity. He shouldn't be sold for anything less than 12 Million Euros tho; I think we could probably push for 15.

Nov 17, 2012
Peluso is cack CB. Ogbonna CB >> Caceres CB
Ogbonna better than Caceres? Maybe at LB but Caceres is by far the better overall package due to his versatility, ferocity, man-marking abilities, tackling, dispossessing and interceptions. Not to mention Caceres cab play LWB/LB/RWB/RB and nearly everything in between. If we lose Caceres (again) it will be to our own peril, I feel getting Ogbonna, at this point, is counter productive, we should wait until Barzagli is over the hill or getting close to it.

Marrone knows what's going down.
Martín!!!! :tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

Nov 17, 2012
Well Marrone did ok considering CB isn't his natural position. Perhaps you're right though, what do you think will happen to Peluso though? Will he stay?

I honestly feel if one or two more big/bigish names arrive we need to start clearing out the junk. The Peluso's, PDC's and Padoin's that once were common place in our squad must make way for more quality.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We already bought Peluso ;) I'm fine with keeping him for LWB, much better than De Cacklie

I don't disagree, I think that will still probably another season though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)