Martin Cáceres (10 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
A lot doubted him coming back. With the injuries, its a good thing we have him here. Our depth is solid and its pleasing to see how he has gotten better with his time away after his first stint here.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Can't imagine how shit he must feel seeing a new guy come in who actually is a LB and get straight into the first team ahead of him in his preferred centre back position.

I'm sure he's aware that it's going to be difficult to get any starting opportunities with Licht, Isla and now Padoin in the RWB slot so it's really not leaving him with much.

Nov 17, 2012
If Caceres ends up leaving I will be furious... Truly furious! Had Caceres done a 6 month loan spell at Atalanta or Siena who would wager that he'd be challenging Chiello for a starting berth at LCB... #Contelogic

Caceres - Replacement for Jorge Fucile and helped the team finish 4th in the 2010 World Cup, tournament long starter for Uruguay in their 2011 Copa America title; has played in La Liga, and ex Barcelona youth product...
Peluso - Atalanta home boy, Conte favourite..

WTF?

FORZA MARTÍN!!

Nov 17, 2012
No, they bought him as 21 year old, spent a season there, rest on loan.
My bad, Defensor bought him as an 18 year old, before moving to Villareal and then Barca at 21 as you say. I stand corrected! None the less, obviously Barça saw some quality there in order to take a punt on someone so young, Peluso wouldn't have a hope in hell of being bought by Athletico Madrid or Valencia let alone Barça....

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Of course not. However, ability should be, and in terms of skill, talent, and a footballing brain Isla and Caceres are superior :stuckup:

Peluso and Padoin might be more versatile and hard working, but in terms of a footballing brain they are clearly behind the aforementioned duo :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Caceres and Isla are obviously better players in terms of ability, but Conte sees them more than we do.

When Caceres and Isla have played lately have they impressed? Short answer is no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)