Martin Cáceres (6 Viewers)

Aameer

May 6, 2012
I'm glad we're keeping him for a long while. Licht is terrific but Caceres can be of great use especially with all the additional games in the coming season. Is he going to the Olympics or has that not yet been decided?

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
I'm glad we're keeping him for a long while. Licht is terrific but Caceres can be of great use especially with all the additional games in the coming season. Is he going to the Olympics or has that not yet been decided?
Was not decided by Tabarez yet, and I believe would be decided close to the Olimpics. The Olimpics are very special for Uruguayans since we considered the golden medals of 24 and 28 as World Cups, we all grew up with the stories of those heroes and is where the rivalry with Argentina was born.
So all the players want to go including Martín who has said more than once he would love to go.

Last week he said in a interview that he has already talked to Juve about the possibility and was told there was no problem with that.
There is a lot of talk regarding the 3 players over 23 years old players here, since the Clubs are not forced by FIFA to give the players to national teams.

Aameer

May 6, 2012
Thanks for that Daria! I only asked because I was wondering that if Caceres went to participate in the Olympics, would it interfere with preseason matches? However, I think Juve would be proud to have one of their players featuring in such a prestigious sporting event so they would probably let him go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)