Martin Cáceres (11 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
you were fapping all over the place when the news broke we are spending 11M for another bench player.
That's totally different.

Guarin would get to play a lot, especially next season with CL. But getting a RB who will sit on the bench majority of time is stupid as shit, especially at this point when our LB, CB spots are weak, and when we need another MC for a rotation. We're playing 4-3-3, not 4-1-5.

Sørensen can't really be compared to Cathereth.
Caceres was not really great at Juve, lets not exaggerate.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
and how will Guarin necessarily get to play more?

our squad has zero cover for Licht at the moment, not to mention Martin can play all across the backline if required.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Average, definitely not very good. We didn't have a single player that was very good at that point in time. Hell, maybe not even one that was just good.
Considering others' performances I think he was very good. Very mature play and stable for majority of our games.

and how will Guarin necessarily get to play more?

our squad has zero cover for Licht at the moment, not to mention Martin can play all across the backline if required.
Because there are three players that he can replace and 4-3-3 requires a big focus on midfield trio.

If required... well if required we can put Pepe there. How can you look like that, he's not supposed to play there and he never did.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Martin can also replace three players.

you don't need 3 CMs to be backup, 2 can do the job...unless you are incredibly unlucky and have 2 regular starter CMs injured.

Pepe is not a RB by any stretch of the imagination.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Considering others' performances I think he was very good. Very mature play and stable for majority of our games.
Majority? Hell no.

Poor away to Catania, home against Bari, away to Fiorentina, home against Catania.
Absolutely terrible away to Lecce.
Ranging from good to very good against Roma at home, Lazio at home, Inter at home, Genoa at home.
And then also a bunch of average games.

I really don't see how that would add up to a (very) good season.

I see many people rating his potential (which he definitely has), rather than his actual performances. Something that usually happens more often with fancy, more attacking players.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Majority? Hell no.

Poor away to Catania, home against Bari, away to Fiorentina, home against Catania.
Absolutely terrible away to Lecce.
Ranging from good to very good against Roma at home, Lazio at home, Inter at home, Genoa at home.
And then also a bunch of average games.

I really don't see how that would add up to a (very) good season.

I see many people rating his potential (which he definitely has), rather than his actual performances. Something that usually happens more often with fancy, more attacking players.
Because I'm talking about a season that was shit for us. He was not any worse than most of our defenders, they all did bad, which makes his display at the same level, hence no need to get rid of him and not somebody else.

May 22, 2007
Martin can also replace three players.

you don't need 3 CMs to be backup, 2 can do the job...unless you are incredibly unlucky and have 2 regular starter CMs injured.

Pepe is not a RB by any stretch of the imagination.
:tup:

We have 5 CMs for 3 spots, and 5 defenders for 4 spots. The focus should be on someone that could play fullback at the moment.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Because I'm talking about a season that was shit for us. He was not any worse than most of our defenders, they all did bad, which makes his display at the same level, hence no need to get rid of him and not somebody else.

So, instead of a very good season, he had an at best average one? See, I was right all along :D

For the record though: I think sending him away was a bad idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)