Martin Cáceres (13 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
This season is different than the season you're referring to for Pogba. We need every single point at the moment. Conte had the chance to be more 'flexible'.
It was Conte's second season. Roma had a 10 game clean sheet winning streak and looked like the real deal. We had to re-affirm that our miracle season was not a fluke. Surely it was not as tight as it is for us now but he didn't have Bayern flexibility either.

With Fergie, he had to win the league with a shit squad, was very short on midfielders and instead opted to bring scholes out of retirement than play Pogba. Did he win the league? Yes. Did it affect Utd in the future? definitely. Could he have won had he played Pogba? probably. The pogba case (regardless of how good or bad rugani is I have no informed opinion about the matter) demonstrates the principle; namely that a coach can be wrong about benching a promising player even though the team won the match/league.

You are right in pointing out the difference between how promising pogba was and Rugani is. If Rugani does get upset and leaves us and does turn out to be a very good player ( meaning that we could have still won had he played) and allegri continues to not give him chances then this could prove to be a mistake by Allegri. However, given that it is unlikely that he gets that upset and unlikely that we would let him leave and unlikely that Allegri wont give him many chances in the future then I do not think that it will actually be a mistake. Allegri will likely give him chances and this will prove to be nothing.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It was Conte's second season. Roma had a 10 game clean sheet winning streak and looked like the real deal. We had to re-affirm that our miracle season was not a fluke. Surely it was not as tight as it is for us now but he didn't have Bayern flexibility either.

With Fergie, he had to win the league with a shit squad, was very short on midfielders and instead opted to bring scholes out of retirement than play Pogba. Did he win the league? Yes. Did it affect Utd in the future? definitely. Could he have won had he played Pogba? probably. The pogba case (regardless of how good or bad rugani is I have no informed opinion about the matter) demonstrates the principle; namely that a coach can be wrong about benching a promising player even though the team won the match/league.

You are right in pointing out the difference between how promising pogba was and Rugani is. If Rugani does get upset and leaves us and does turn out to be a very good player ( meaning that we could have still won had he played) and allegri continues to not give him chances then this could prove to be a mistake by Allegri. However, given that it is unlikely that he gets that upset and unlikely that we would let him leave and unlikely that Allegri wont give him many chances in the future then I do not think that it will actually be a mistake. Allegri will likely give him chances and this will prove to be nothing.
Your United example is off. We are not getting Cannavaro out of retirement instead of playing Rugani. We're opting to play our 4th choice CB in the last 4 winning seasons.

It's not painted black and white as you are making it to be. We don't know how will playing Rugani affect us or not, but to be fair, he didn't impress enough and was rather shaky in his last start. And he's not a midfielder like Pogba. One single mistake could cost us a goal.

He will eventually get his time. Max knows it too, as he said multiple times already.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It sucks not being able to see him play, but so far Allegri has done very well with out young players. I trust his judgement for now, even though I think he's a bit too cautious with integration sometimes.

Apr 9, 2015
If he wants to play regulary, then he needs to go to another club. I really like Caceres, but I think his time is over by Juventus. He is one of our last options in defense and he is less than a rotation player in the future. If Liverpool bids 13+ million I would sell him, it will be better for us (13m) and Caceres.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

With Fergie, he had to win the league with a $#@! squad, was very short on midfielders and instead opted to bring scholes out of retirement than play Pogba. Did he win the league? Yes. Did it affect Utd in the future? definitely. Could he have won had he played Pogba? probably. The pogba case (regardless of how good or bad rugani is I have no informed opinion about the matter) demonstrates the principle; namely that a coach can be wrong about benching a promising player even though the team won the match/league.

that was in Contes 3rd season and Pogbas 2nd. in Contes 2nd season Roma finished 6th and not once had a winning streak higher than 4 games and Napoli was our biggest "challenger". we won the scudetto very comfortably in that 2nd season of Conte btw finishing 9 points ahead of Napoli and that with only 1 point from the last 2 games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)