Martin Cáceres (65 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You said he was the worst passer, when he clearly was the best one as the statistics show.

I understand you don't like him for whatever reason you have, but in this case you can't be more wrong, in two out of three games he was the player with the most accurate passes, 94-95%. What do you expect from him, to have 100% accuracy?

There were 10 other players who made more wrong passes yet you decided to criticize Caceres.
And the reason for that is the guy doesn't know what he's talking about, obviously.

Caceres has done fine as a backup, definitely want to hang on to him.

Nov 17, 2012
Exactly like Bonucci used to.
Though if I had to choose one of Caceres or Bonucci to lay a crucial do-or-die tackle; I'd pick Caceres 10 times out of 10 times, no doubt. After watching the Uruguay/Argentina match in the Copa America 2011, I've been utterly convinced of Caceres' natural ability and true potential as a world class defender/wing-back.

Caceres scoring the winning penalty! :heart:

(edit)
Christ I forgot how good a game Muslera played, short of Buffon's efforts in the 2006 WC, and Oliver Khan at WC 2002; I cannot think of a better single performance by a goal keeper in recent years. That Uruguayan goal was utterly besieged by Messi, Tevez, Higuain, Di Maria, Pastore and Agüero for a full 120 minutes; and Caceres (along with Lugano, Scotti and obviously Muslera) was a fundamental component to that defence remaining resolutely steadfast.

Nov 17, 2012
An enterprising performance from the full-back, who marauded up and down the wings with ease. Posed plenty of problems for the Spain defence with his passing from deep areas, and with one such delivery, he set up Rodriguez’s goal.
and people say he can't play wing-back... BITCH PLEASE!! Forza Pelado!! :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)