Martin Cáceres (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Poulsen played most of the season with groin problems. He's not "cack" but with the acquisition of Melo, Tiago v2.0 and the other mids we have there's no place for him so for his own good he should find a club that he'll play regularly.

Cáceres is a loan with option to buy for ~10-12m €. I guess bonuses are included. I'm pretty sure we'll have some pics of him in Turin tomorrow. :beer:
:lol:

Mar 30, 2006
Haven't really watched any matches of him but going by the responses of barca fans he seems suspect to making mistakes and not good at setting up play...make what you want of that...anyone seen the guy play?
I saw him play in a game or 2 and he did not stand out or make many mistakes. But he did not have a proper run in the team and was not given time to settle. If he was given a run of games he would no doubt prove himself.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Poulsen played most of the season with groin problems. He's not "cack" but with the acquisition of Melo, Tiago v2.0 and the other mids we have there's no place for him so for his own good he should find a club that he'll play regularly.

Cáceres is a loan with option to buy for ~10-12m €. I guess bonuses are included. I'm pretty sure we'll have some pics of him in Turin tomorrow. :beer:
I had thought that he was plagued by niggling injuries for much of the season...and if it was the groin, as you say, Mark, its no wonder he looked all too often lethargic and uneasy. Not quite the same as having a dodgy figure or flue...those injuries make every collision between players exceptionally painful, which for a midfield scrapper, would severely dilute his potency...On one hand, its a shame that we bought him, conditions didnt allow him to show us his true worth, and now we must sell him...but at least its better than the Andrade routine...where we got zero value for the investment.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Yeah, at least we get something off his sale. If more players are going to join, then we'll need to sell.

I think Poulsen is unlucky also that he is the only non starting midfielder who is actually worth something so teh club needs to sell him to get the cash.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
I hope this is a lesson for our management.
We gave Poulsen a way to good wage, and now he doesnt want to settle for anything less.

I honestly dont blame him. It was our mistake to begin with.

Geof

May 14, 2004
I read Caceres will not join the squad in Andalucia, he'll train in Vinovo with Almiron and Poulsen waiting for the team to come back. Poor guy :p

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
I hope this is a lesson for our management.
We gave Poulsen a way to good wage, and now he doesnt want to settle for anything less.

I honestly dont blame him. It was our mistake to begin with.
That's not true. Fenerbahce offered Poulsen higher wages, yet he said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)