Martin Cáceres (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
you can't judge him yet...i'm sure you haven't seen 2 full matches with this guy.
Youre absolutely right, but to believe that a player that is a LB for his own country and has played LB alot in Recrativo is only a CB would be wierd:lol:.

And second thing many players can cover many positions and Caceres is one of them, it's one of the reason Secco wanted him.

And one of my best friends is from Uruguay I asked him how Caceres is doing in the national team, and he said that he is playing very good as a LB for them.

Javier Zanetti is a ?:shifty:

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
true that :) few like him anyways..i like javier only because he was the perfect captain for merda (for us): he wasn't a prolific striker like dp...he wasn't like maldini neither....he was just a 14 or i donno how many years employee, a perfect captain for a perfect 3rd team of italy...

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Could be nice to.. But I have hard to see that Ferrara pics Caceres before Canavaro. And I don't think that Caceres comed here to sitt on the bench.

The LB positions is our weakest position IMO, and I have heard that he played LB alot in Recrativo and he did it good.. He also plays LB in Uruguay nationalteam.

But as you im also curious to see De Ceglie at LB. But Caceres leaved Barcelona so he could play, so he most have gott some indications from Juve that he will play alot.
Yeah, he can play anywhere and I'd like to see him at LB in friendlies to judge him at LB. If he can play well defensively and put in a good cross then that's all good for us.

Is Poulsen undergoing his medical in Barcelona? That's what really matters.
He's refusing smaller clubs and don't want to go on loan anywhere. If a club is willing to pay us now and he's ok with it then he'll be gone. If not then he'll see a lot of the "tribuna".

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
will that affect the outcome in his medical
:lol: :lol:

I know that but I don't think he will get any time as a CB in Juventus. He could get some time as a fullback but I think he is behind Chiellini, Cannavaro and Legro in the order.
Unless he impresses in the CB position.:agree: But I heard he could also play RB. is this true.:shifty:

He's refusing smaller clubs and don't want to go on loan anywhere. If a club is willing to pay us now and he's ok with it then he'll be gone. If not then he'll see a lot of the "tribuna".
Can we go back to that deal that the turkey club was offering him? hopefully that offer is still on the table for him.:xfinger:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I guess it depends on how highly Poulsen is still valued in La Liga. He did well at Schalke, and then perhaps even better at Sevilla...And he has not suffered any major career threatening injuries whilst he has been with us. He is clearly still capable of being a high quality cenntral midfield dog of war, just not with us...Perhaps the pace and tactical systems employed more commonly in La Liga suit his style of play more...Either way, it would be interesting to know more of his reputation in Spain.

I mean...to some barca fans, maybe we are wasting our time and money on caceres, as he didnt impress in his first season with them. And to us...we would feel similar, or even more fiercely critical and content, that Barca would be taking a player who did nothing for us in his first season at our club.

I am sure that Poulsen has quality. But his chances are going to be extremely limited at Juve this season...We have Melo, Momo, Marchisio, Zanetti...all of whom I prefer to see in a central midfielder Hack and Hustle role. We don't need him.

Caceres obviously also has quality, else Barca wouldnt have paid all that money for him a year ago. He is much younger than Poulsen, and he plays in a position, or even positions, where we are desperately in need of reinvogoration.

An exchange of sorts, with us paying extra $$$$ would be perfect.

is there any news on the Loan with View to Buy Clause vs Full Acquisition????

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Poulsen played most of the season with groin problems. He's not "cack" but with the acquisition of Melo, Tiago v2.0 and the other mids we have there's no place for him so for his own good he should find a club that he'll play regularly.

Cáceres is a loan with option to buy for ~10-12m €. I guess bonuses are included. I'm pretty sure we'll have some pics of him in Turin tomorrow. :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)