Marley Aké (9 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We're not winning anything this year either most likely. The point was though that in their time of difficulty, they gave their young players a shot rather than fucking around with Rabiot for 90+ minutes every week for example.

Yes.

Bastoni, Calabria, Donnarumma, Leao, Tonali, etc. Would we have even given Barella minutes? I'm skeptical that we would've for Verratti either.

I'm just frustrated that we have to watch the same players do jack shit every week when we could possibly give some young players a shot. Who knows, maybe just one works out for us, it's worth it. Unless there's some sort of contractual obligation that Alex Sandro MUST concede at least one goal per match of course.
I'm with you, I don't trust this club at all with young players. In fact, if I was the agent of one, I wouldn't even listen to offers from Juventus.

Unless they offer me a personal bonus on his next sale.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So who are the top talents who haven’t gotten a chance to play here?
You got me thinking there. This January it's 25 years since I started following Juve. In these 25 years I can think of only three players who were sold from Juventus when they were young - without being given a proper chance - and then made a big name for themselves elsewhere: Vieri, Henry, and Immobile. Vieri was an economical decision by Moggi; Henry said recently that he asked to leave due to disagreements with Moggi; Both Vieri and Henry were replaced by players their age - Pippo Inzaghi and David Trezeguet. Immobile is in this list because he's 16 goals away from reaching serie A's all time top 10 goal-scorers list, and depending on his longevity, he might even attack the first place. Otherwise, I don't think many regret getting rid of him some 12 years ago.
The others who were here as u23 youngsters and weren't given a chance, but still managed to make some name for themselves elsewhere are: Tommaso Rocchi, Juan Pablo Sorin, Simone Perrotta, Abdoulay Konko, Domenico Criscito, Kingsley Coman, and maybe Merih Demiral. Not much to cry about there.
Perhaps we will/should regret not giving a chance to players we owned or had the right to buy, like Berardi or Romero, but that's it. I'm talking 25 years.

It's more logical and correct to be critical of our inability to regularly spot and buy talents, than to criticize our managers for not giving a chance to the young top talents we had.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I still see Immobile like a big fish in a small pond, pretty much the same how I always saw Di Natale. I still don't regret selling him back then.

Coman and Romero were probably the biggest mistakes imo, at least in the last decade.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You got me thinking there. This January it's 25 years since I started following Juve. In these 25 years I can think of only three players who were sold from Juventus when they were young - without being given a proper chance - and then made a big name for themselves elsewhere: Vieri, Henry, and Immobile. Vieri was an economical decision by Moggi; Henry said recently that he asked to leave due to disagreements with Moggi; Both Vieri and Henry were replaced by players their age - Pippo Inzaghi and David Trezeguet. Immobile is in this list because he's 16 goals away from reaching serie A's all time top 10 goal-scorers list, and depending on his longevity, he might even attack the first place. Otherwise, I don't think many regret getting rid of him some 12 years ago.
The others who were here as u23 youngsters and weren't given a chance, but still managed to make some name for themselves elsewhere are: Tommaso Rocchi, Juan Pablo Sorin, Simone Perrotta, Abdoulay Konko, Domenico Criscito, Kingsley Coman, and maybe Merih Demiral. Not much to cry about there.
Perhaps we will/should regret not giving a chance to players we owned or had the right to buy, like Berardi or Romero, but that's it. I'm talking 25 years.

It's more logical and correct to be critical of our inability to regularly spot and buy talents, than to criticize our directors for not giving a chance to the young top talents we had.
100% this.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I'm with you, I don't trust this club at all with young players. In fact, if I was the agent of one, I wouldn't even listen to offers from Juventus.

Unless they offer me a personal bonus on his next sale.
You must include the portion of their release agreement, because they will be just release with mutual agreement
Portion of transfer fee does not guarantee you shit

Jäger

May 2, 2021
Allegri: "Aké is with us all the time now, he's a game-breaker, but we have Kulusevski and Bernardeschi. We have to move forward with them."
:lol:
Bernadeschi and Kulusevski the game breakers.:touched:It's almost like he's trolling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)