Marko Pjaca (17 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Delighted for him. Hopefully he can keep fit and play consistently.

Given our lack of options I'd have liked him to be in our squad this weekend. Common sense would have been to hold onto him until we brought in a striker or Dybala returned.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I haven't seen any info about the loan (fee, option etc). Maybe it's just a dry loan. :boh:
Well there are two options:
1. Dry Loan - We get a player back after impressing and his value and attention rises so we can sell him properly
2. Dry Loan - We get a player back after disappointing and his value practically stays at 0 BUT at least we got a year off his contract..
3. Loan + Option - Its like a promotion to the specific club which makes it more likely to happen compared to a dry loan. So of course it splits:
He impressed he is gone
4. Loan + Option - He failed to impress - same as option no`2

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
i have always liked his frame and his skillset. Lets cross fingers for him this season to regain his full fitness and return to kuve firing on all cylinders.

He could have been a great berna abd costa variant, but it seems thw club dont want to risk a spot without confirming his physical capacity on a season
, which is understandable.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The English don't even try to pronounce a name correctly or to be at least close to correct pronunciation.
In Croatia, the commentators always tend to make an accurate pronunciation, and most of the time it even sounds funny when a Slavic commentator pronounces a German name correctly. But it's still better than the English not trying at all.

In this case, the commentator keeps saying Pyaka, while the correct pronunciation is Piazza (Pyazza)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The English don't even try to pronounce a name correctly or to be at least close to correct pronunciation.
In Croatia, the commentators always tend to make an accurate pronunciation, and most of the time it even sounds funny when a Slavic commentator pronounces a German name correctly. But it's still better than the English not trying at all.

In this case, the commentator keeps saying Pyaka, while the correct pronunciation is Piazza (Pyazza)
He commentates on Serie A and does pronounce it correctly now. TBH I didn't know how to pronounce the 'c' when I first read it, but I knew it wasn't like a hard 'k'. I don't think many English people know about Slavic names that don't end in 'ić ' or 'ski'.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

same for hungarians. before the '90 world cup, two young guys even contacted the brazilian colleagues on location to learn the correct pronunciation of the brazilian players' names. imagine the public rage on "rumariu" and "bebetu" instead of "romárió" and "bebétó" :rofl: older viewers legit asked for sacking those two guys.

btw pjaca easy for us as we have similar vowels than you guys do. norwegian, danish or french names though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)