Marko Pjaca (18 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
If they don't loan him out post injury, what should they done? Keep him and never play him? Because we were stacked and he isnt good enough for playing time. Surely loaning out was better alternative.
Maybe some consistency in a club. Young Aaron Ramsey didn’t find consistency from his awful injury with loans with us at Forest and then at Cardiff, but he did get game fitness. He got his consistency very slowly by spending a season on the training pitch with Arsenal and making a handful of sub appearances. Perhaps he wouldn’t have gotten as good as he did for Arsenal playing in other worse off teams.

Pjaca’s career has certainly become a what if, so there’s no harm in debating the plan Juve put in place for him didn’t exactly work. But that’s all besides the point I’m trying to make. Again, if we’re stuck with him like you are suggesting, we may as well try something different with him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Took his goal well and had some nice touches. 2 in 2 pre-season games in encouraging albeit against weak opponents.

If we don't get a good loan offer which would help his development maybe we should keep in. We don't have a lot of attacking options and maybe we could give him some occasional minutes with the U23's.

I still think he could develop into a good player if he has the attitude for it and if we are sensible about his development.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Pjaca still got it. He looks in top shape as well. And he can play 9 btw, that’s not some random experiment. Played there a bunch with Zagreb, including in CL.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Took his goal well and had some nice touches. 2 in 2 pre-season games in encouraging albeit against weak opponents.

If we don't get a good loan offer which would help his development maybe we should keep in. We don't have a lot of attacking options and maybe we could give him some occasional minutes with the U23's.

I still think he could develop into a good player if he has the attitude for it and if we are sensible about his development.
Even if he could only play 1 in 3 games it takes a bit of pressure off others. I know Ronaldo will want to play in all but a few games but a 80% fit Pjaca could fill that role in the odd game.

I just have this mindset that it's only a matter of time before another big injury, and that will be him done. He's a physical, athletic player, much like Zaniolo, and that combination of tricky skill and power doesn't combine well with a clear disposition to joint injuries. I hope I'm wrong of course.

We'll probably never see the player he could have been and if he wants any career at this sort of level he'll have to adapt his game to suit his remaining strengths. That would provide some longevity and protection for his knees.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I never expected him to become a top player. I've seen tens of similar pure dribblers and not one of them made it big. His injuries will make us wonder "what could have been" but I already know - he'd have been nothing more than a starter for teams from serie A's bottom or one of the star players of the 4th placed team in Ukraine or something. His purchase didn't make much sense back in 2016 and keeping him here makes no sense in 2020.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I never expected him to become a top player. I've seen tens of similar pure dribblers and not one of them made it big. His injuries will make us wonder "what could have been" but I already know - he'd have been nothing more than a starter for teams from serie A's bottom or one of the star players of the 4th placed team in Ukraine or something. His purchase didn't make much sense back in 2016 and keeping him here makes no sense in 2020.
I understand the point you're making but from what I saw before the injuries he has a better shot and variety of finishes than the majority of authentic wingers, who are often the most frustrating players on a team. I think he's more of a "10.5" than a real 11 or an Italian 10.

Jun 16, 2020
I like what I saw so far in short training session videos and those 45 minutes today. I think that Anderlecht didn’t keep him for financial reasons after the crisis, as he’s expensive for a Belgium club I guess.

If Kean turns out to be to difficult to get, we should just try it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I like what I saw so far in short training session videos and those 45 minutes today. I think that Anderlecht didn’t keep him for financial reasons after the crisis, as he’s expensive for a Belgium club I guess.

Notbthatvwe have much choices anyways. I dobt mind, it will savevus some pennies

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

I'm not sure what went on at Anderlecht but it wouldn't surprise me if he was not fit the time he was there. He played an hour in two games and then nothing. It doesn't add up.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I understand the point you're making but from what I saw before the injuries he has a better shot and variety of finishes than the majority of authentic wingers, who are often the most frustrating players on a team. I think he's more of a "10.5" than a real 11 or an Italian 10.
Good heading technique as well, so aerial threat. He has good overall technique so maybe if he remodels his game as a second forward and limit further injuries he can prolong his career. Second forward because not sure how much scoring responsibilities he can take on.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
I would either sell him for cash/loan with obligation or keep him in the team and give him a second chance. Another loan will do no good to him nor us. If he is loaned out he will go to some mediocre team where he won`t fit in. He will get injured for 4-5 months and return to us next year with no resale value, even at the age of 25.
On top he can`t be any worse than Berna, can he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)