Marko Pjaca (96 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I’ll never give up on Pjaca. Man he had it all before injuries sidelined him. Power, pace, technique. I would take a healthy Pjaca over Berna, Costa, Kean any day.
It probably is time to give up on him. Considering that he couldn't even convince Anderlecht during his most recent loan spell, having played a grand total of 158 minutes.
And for what it's worth: Anderlecht finished 8th last season.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I’ll never give up on Pjaca. Man he had it all before injuries sidelined him. Power, pace, technique. I would take a healthy Pjaca over Berna, Costa, Kean any day.
Is this a joke. He is the worst player in our books in ages. Even without injuries, he has had like 4 loans and non of them wanted to play him basically.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It probably is time to give up on him. Considering that he couldn't even convince Anderlecht during his most recent loan spell, having played a grand total of 158 minutes.
And for what it's worth: Anderlecht finished 8th last season.
To be fair to him his loan at Anderlecht was ruined by covid. He seemed to gradually be getting more involved and the season stopped after 4 games or so.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
i think he wouldn't be that bad as a 3rd/4th choice back-up, be it for ST/RW, we might be needing him at some point especially if we don't buy anyone in attack other then a Higuain replacement, in that case would better keep Pjaca here for now rather than loan him out again to get the same little amount of minutes he would get here but with us also needing to cover part of his salary because only minnows would be interested and can't afford his salary in full imo, nevermind it's all about what he wants aswell afterall, if he'd be happy to play as a rarely used back-up role then i don't see it as being a problem at all if there are no alternatives.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
To be fair to him his loan at Anderlecht was ruined by covid. He seemed to gradually be getting more involved and the season stopped after 4 games or so.
Covid obviously had a massive impact.
But it should be noted that even in his limited time in Belgium, he never played an entire 90 minutes. In the last official game he didn't even manage to get on the pitch at all.

As a local, I can tell you Anderlecht fans were pretty excited when he was announced, even with his injury record. Anderlecht made quite a big fuss over it as well ("Look at our connections with Juve!"; "This is not a short term deal, we are going to loan him for 18 months!", etc).
And less than 6 months later they don't want him anymore. Apparently he was unable to convince them.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Covid obviously had a massive impact.
But it should be noted that even in his limited time in Belgium, he never played an entire 90 minutes. In the last official game he didn't even manage to get on the pitch at all.

As a local, I can tell you Anderlecht fans were pretty excited when he was announced, even with his injury record. Anderlecht made quite a big fuss over it as well ("Look at our connections with Juve!"; "This is not a short term deal, we are going to loan him for 18 months!", etc).
And less than 6 months later they don't want him anymore. Apparently he was unable to convince them.
I'd say the fact he didn't play 90 mins is not a big deal. He had just come back from a bad injury and seemed to be building up his minutes each game. The final game he didn't play, but who knows maybe he didn't feel fit after a few games in a row. The trend for the previous 4 games would suggest he would have played. We will never know as the next games did not go ahead.

I'd agree that the 18 month deal stopping early is a concern. Did Anderlecht stop it or did we?

What he needs is a season playing regularly. He hasn't had one in 4 years so it is very hard to judge him. Even if he played 20 games for Anderlecht it isn't enough to judge him given the time it will take him to get up to speed.

A loan to anybody who will give him regular games or even a half a season with the u23s just to get a bit of momentum would help him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)