Marko Pjaca (16 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
He hasn't played for a while but also not injured for a while. Those must be be traumatic to him to be out for such long periods.
He should settle for backup and Coppa matches to get his confidence back, and maybe loan next year if he can stay away from injuries. Else retire.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Injuries messed his career up. He looked pretty good in limited appearances his first year here. Allegri seemed to like him and would call him a phenomenon. It’s a shame because he was an exciting signing at the time. One of our first “expensive” young talents in a while at the time.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Give him a chance in attack.

Its impossible he could be worst than bernardeschi and you all know that
I agree, and I think I actually like the idea of playing him as a 9 even if Pirlo is temporarily doing it out of necessity.

Pjaca was pretty speedy for a winger at 1.86m. It’s not outside the realms of possibility that he could use that height to rebrand as a CF, he’s only 25 after all. It could work because they could give him a bit of extra muscle to help him in his hold up play and (I’m no physiotherapist so correct me if I’m wrong) make him less vulnerable to injury.

Post injury Ronaldo seemed to go down that route, and I’m not saying Pjaca is in even the same nebula as him, but it seemed to have its benefits in keeping some explosive speed in that position and gave him extra time after a horrific injury. It could be an interesting idea since we are pretty much flat out of decent options.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Stop it people. Someone sent back home from low level Anderlecht is not going to do some good job in Juve, let alone in a role he never played before.

And I prefer Berna over him easily.
Let’s face it though, he’s had a raw deal from Juve, who aren’t exactly sympathetic towards young talent (which is kinda unjustified with plenty of embarrassments in hindsight). They flung him out on loan immediately following a huge injury and ending up at an absolutely shite Anderlecht.

All I’m saying is if we are signing an over the hill striker on a massive wage it wouldn’t hurt to train someone already on our wage bill anyway- if we don’t sell him, of which I’m not against. There’s always a chance if he’s given some faith and consistency (even if just in training) he had the talent and if he can show Pirlo some hunger, then why not. He’s done as a winger with the injuries, just like you’ll see Zaniolo more in the middle of the park.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Luca, what don't you get, the club did him a favour loaning him out, get playing time, chance yo develop and improve. He went to Fiorentina, Schalke and now Anderlecht. Did nothing, is chronically injured, and does nothing when he plays (two things you can't blame the club on).

He is a waste of space asset. There is no reason he should stay with us except go down to u23 team and gey playing time, atleast in Serie C he shouldn't fail. I don't get where this optimistic idea of him staying and being of use to the main team comes from. Surely not based on anything tangible. There is no hope here, we will probably draw blank on finding him another loan. Send him back to Croatia and hope being at home reignites him.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Luca, what don't you get, the club did him a favour loaning him out, get playing time, chance yo develop and improve. He went to Fiorentina, Schalke and now Anderlecht. Did nothing, is chronically injured, and does nothing when he plays (two things you can't blame the club on).

He is a waste of space asset. There is no reason he should stay with us except go down to u23 team and gey playing time, atleast in Serie C he shouldn't fail. I don't get where this optimistic idea of him staying and being of use to the main team comes from. Surely not based on anything tangible. There is no hope here, we will probably draw blank on finding him another loan. Send him back to Croatia and hope being at home reignites him.
I mean I totally see your point, I just don’t think the club immediately loaning him out post injury was the best show of confidence if they weren’t planning on cutting him loose completely then. Surely there should’ve been a buyer at that point after Schalke when he still had some attractiveness as a young talent.

Like you said, we are probably going to draw a blank with finding him another loan so there’s no harm in trying something different with him, even if it means u23’s.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If they don't loan him out post injury, what should they done? Keep him and never play him? Because we were stacked and he isnt good enough for playing time. Surely loaning out was better alternative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)