Mario Mandžukić (35 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Mandzukic's role is not just to get a match winning goal. He gives a lot tactically. If you want to go to the biggest simplification: Mandzukic is a giant expert in aerial duels. He opens up that route to get the ball forward. Kick it to front-left and there is a great chance that Mandzu will win the duel and lay the second ball to Alex or Ronaldo. This can be great, it can serve to release pressure, to apply pressure, and to start moves. A quick look at stats I see he won 5! aerial dules in those 60 minutes, he won 4/4 in the offensive phase, as well as 2 tackles. Yes he is out of form but he gives something different that Allegri is trying to get.

Playing Kean might turn out great, but lets understand why Allegri is playing Mandzukic.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Mandzukic's role is not just to get a match winning goal. He gives a lot tactically. If you want to go to the biggest simplification: Mandzukic is a giant expert in aerial duels. He opens up that route to get the ball forward. Kick it to front-left and there is a great chance that Mandzu will win the duel and lay the second ball to Alex or Ronaldo. This can be great, it can serve to release pressure, to apply pressure, and to start moves. A quick look at stats I see he won 5! aerial dules in those 60 minutes, he won 4/4 in the offensive phase, as well as 2 tackles. Yes he is out of form but he gives something different that Allegri is trying to get.

Playing Kean might turn out great, but lets understand why Allegri is playing Mandzukic.
This is the critical thing at the moment. We have both Ronaldo AND ManBro to aim those quick vertical passes to. Switch play over 60 meters in 2 seconds.

Dybala is in competition with Berna and DC to be the quick nifty runner on the other side of these two major players

Manbro and Ronaldo stand at 1.9 and 1.87 respectively, with a great and impossible jumping reach and strenght. I seriously hope Kean, who at 1.82 isnt that small, can work on his heading game so he can become a viable long term ManBro alternative and future replacement

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
There is no justification to starting this guy, given his current form. He's literally been invisible since December. I don't care if he's tall and physical, if those attributes do shit for the team in his current form. He hasn't impacted a game in months.

People shit on Dybala for not doing enough, but he's currently getting benched more often than not. Mandzukic starts games, plays like shit, and still continues to command a starting shirt. It's baffling and disgusting.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Dude instead of bringing useless stats, watch our games. Mandzukic hasn't done shit for almost 5 months and there are still people who find a way to defend him. He should have hit the bench 3 months ago but instead he is playing ahead of our most inform player. That's infuriating at least.

We were in the same situation with Khedira until he got injured. Allegri is making big mistake and doesn't learn from it
Bruh read my post again, I stated he is off form and looks tired. Nobody is coming here saying he plays amazing these days. of course Kean should get more chances.
I mentioned those stats because that's what people did when he played well, bringing up useless stats instead of just watching games and the impact he had.

To jump on the bashing bandwagon now that he is off form is wack. He went to the WC final and has been playing a lot from then on. He wrapped up the scudetto for us and did what he had to do before he got worn out. Even now when he's off form, I see a player who plays his heart out and tries to do his job, which is to make it easier for CR7.

Without Mario our attack was basically a Douglas Costa solo run or nothing. The comparisons to Dybala are laughable. He came on last night and was of no use to himself or the team. At least an off form Mandzukic has a direct impact on our best player. Ronaldo was less effective when Mario got subbed last night, that's a fact.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
He looked tired, yet he was pressing goalkeeper while no other Juve player was pressing at all. There's no benefit in doing that.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We really gave a contract extension to both Mandzukic and Khedira :touched:

Inb4 we extend Barzagli’s contract for another year :lol:

Who needs hungry young players with skill, speed and stamina when you can just play Khedira and Mandzukic until they are 36

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Not defending him, but imo all our attackers have low workrate when out of posession except for Mandzu, may that be when defending or pushing midfielders
And he besides Ronaldo is the only dude that provides aerial threat

But again, I do think Max could use him more as a sub than a starter, but I don't get all the complaints about his contract extension

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Mandzo isn't the issue, is Max for keep pushing Mario into the starters no matter what... give a couple of games to reload and the man would be a full engine again

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Mario at these moments, not only steps up, but also help his teammates to step up, sadly this yea had a great loss of form...maybe he is close to the end of his professional career...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)