Mario Mandžukić (108 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Lets be fair to him. He did much better in 2nd half than I expected, despite the stupid fuck up in the end.

He managed to get much more involved (good and bad) and actually have a much above average passing accuracy for his previously terrible standards. And he had an attempt on goal this game (usually 0-1 shots per game), and 3!! keypasses, including his assist. Not bad for coming back from injury. But lets not be retards and think that he is the star of this team. Look at what an actually super attacker can produce (Ronaldo) in 90 min.

zukic.png

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Honestly no idea what he was trying at the end.

He was excellent today but if he keeps the ball in the corner we don't concede at the end.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Sometimes I don't know if his defensive work rate is a positive or a negative. Is it really better for us when he's so deep in our end instead of being a target man and allowing us to release pressure?

Just stay up top. Everyone else wins the ball and smash it to you. Bring ball down, e fatta.

Last year when he was at LM, we smashed everything to him, he won every ball. This year, we have Ronaldo and we see one knockdown every 2 months. I don't get it.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sometimes I don't know if his defensive work rate is a positive or a negative. Is it really better for us when he's so deep in our end instead of being a target man and allowing us to release pressure?

Just stay up top. Everyone else wins the ball and smash it to you. Bring ball down, e fatta.

Last year when he was at LM, we smashed everything to him, he won every ball. This year, we have Ronaldo and we see one knockdown every 2 months. I don't get it.
thats is something i asked myself once, vs Bayern away 3 years ago. but since then it hasnt been an issue for us. it all depends on who we play against i guess

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010

What we see as well, if you look careful (I do, as I have to defend my opinions against the bad boys in here who wants my ass haha). When Mario has one of his track backs (usually happens when he hasnt touched the ball for 10 min and he decides to do something about it), then he sacrifices everything to get the ball. But then he walks around at the left back position and Ronaldo is left on top for a few minutes before Mandzukic is back again. I personally dont wanna see him limb around down there. He is good to have in the box, and sometimes pull out to the side if he cant win the balls against the CBs, and then move back in the box to receive the final ball. Thats how I prefer playing him.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Cost us the game with his one absolute brainfart that no player on earth should do if they've played even a single minute of football in their life. Two points lost due to one silly avoidable mistake. However, I won't hold it against him since he's won us so many points this season. Also, this game highlighted the importance of his high work-rate and ability to play damn well with Ronaldo.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He got himself into that situation as well. He ran that ball down to Parma's corner flag from nearly the half way line I thought completely unnecessarily. Was a series of brain farts really.

Really happy with how he and Ronny work together though. Those two in top form with a better developed chemistry will kill.

Mr.NoGood

Sep 30, 2018
Allegri: ''You cannot play with that attitude in the 93rd minute with the ball at the corner flag. It was conceptually the wrong thing to try to keep that in play. Just kick it out.''

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah it was insanely idiotic, no sugarcoating it, no good at all by mr no good himself. He should know better. He is supposed to be a no nonsense player, not trying to be cute and fancy retarded with possession. Just get the ball away.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Allegri: ''You cannot play with that attitude in the 93rd minute with the ball at the corner flag. It was conceptually the wrong thing to try to keep that in play. Just kick it out.''
I keep replaying the scene at 93rd minute, trying to understand what Mandzukic want to do. Super stupid thing play. He could just kick it out and regroup as defensive unit. Or draw a foul im corner flag

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)