Mario Mandžukić (75 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Mandzukic 'would be worth €200m

Stefan Effenberg claims Mario Mandzukic is “one of the three best strikers in the world and would be worth €200m if he was younger.”

The 32-year-old Juventus forward has been instrumental in getting Croatia to their first ever World Cup Final, where they face France tomorrow in Moscow.

He has scored two goals and provided one assist, as well as putting in battling performances all over the field.

“I never understood why Bayern Munich sold him,” wrote ex-German international Effenberg on T-Online.

“Mandzukic is one of the three best strikers in the world, as far as I am concerned. He works so hard for the team and his goal in extra time against England was crucial.

“He would be worth €200m if he was younger and I’d prefer him 10 times better than Neymar.”

There was also praise for Mandzukic from former Bayern teammate Arjen Robben.

“I can’t say enough good things about him. He is a fighter, a player you always want in your team and not on the opposing side. He might not be the most skilful out there, but he always scores the important goals and is someone you can count on.”

With Cristiano Ronaldo's arrival in Turin, there have been reports Manchester United are interested in signing Mandzukic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
Serie A 14/15 87pts, Coppa, CL final
Serie A 15/16 91pts, Coppa, CL Ro16
Serie A 16/17 91pts, Coppa, CL final
Serie A 17/18 95pts, Coppa, CL QF

we are still the same level team we used to be, so his goals didnt change much for us
That's because we aren't as strong in midfield as we were in both the 14/15 and 15/16 season.

He literally won us our round of 16 in the CL this year. In an important game, on the road, he had a goal and crucial assist.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That's because we aren't as strong in midfield as we were in both the 14/15 and 15/16 season.

He literally won us our round of 16 in the CL this year. In an important game, on the road, he had a goal and crucial assist.
were we as strong in midfield in 15/16 as we were in 14/15? whats the excuse for that season?

he could have "won" us the tie much earlier, if he didnt bottle the PK and the 100% chances in the 1st leg. that was a good enough redemption though, i agree

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Serie A 14/15 87pts, Coppa, CL final
Serie A 15/16 91pts, Coppa, CL Ro16
Serie A 16/17 91pts, Coppa, CL final
Serie A 17/18 95pts, Coppa, CL QF

we are still the same level team we used to be, so his goals didnt change much for us
So according to this we should count a 95 pts again Coppa and CL final (Which thanks to C.Ronaldo I expect us to finally win)..

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So according to this we should count a 95 pts again Coppa and CL final (Which thanks to C.Ronaldo I expect us to finally win)..
we only won 95pts because we had to, Napoli winning 91 pushed us to the limits. we usually settle for less, because other teams dont go past 88 usually. but if someone wins 96pts this season, im sure we are capable of getting 97 atleast

and yes, i do expect a CL as well

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
we only won 95pts because we had to, Napoli winning 91 pushed us to the limits. we usually settle for less, because other teams dont go past 88 usually. but if someone wins 96pts this season, im sure we are capable of getting 97 atleast

and yes, i do expect a CL as well
Did Hamsik leave? If he isnt in their books anymore I expect Napoli to not be able to replicate their last season.. Also I dont rate Jorginho as much as the EPL does but he will surely be missed there..
Milan will still be a joke next year
Roma - I cant see them getting 90 pts..
Inter - I think they will be our "rival" for this year`s scudetto - Nainggolan will improve them and you can never know how this Lautaro guy will turn to be
I still expect us to get the scudetto but I dont expect Ronaldo to score 40 goals or something like that.. We will win the league and he`ll probably be the top scorer but I see him giving us the real boost in CL

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Did Hamsik leave? If he isnt in their books anymore I expect Napoli to not be able to replicate their last season.. Also I dont rate Jorginho as much as the EPL does but he will surely be missed there..
Milan will still be a joke next year
Roma - I cant see them getting 90 pts..
Inter - I think they will be our "rival" for this year`s scudetto - Nainggolan will improve them and you can never know how this Lautaro guy will turn to be
I still expect us to get the scudetto but I dont expect Ronaldo to score 40 goals or something like that.. We will win the league and he`ll probably be the top scorer but I see him giving us the real boost in CL
exactly. Serie A will be "easy", with a couple of very good teams behind us. no one should be able to push beyond 90pts bar us. Ronaldo shouldnt even play that much in Serie A, 25-30 games is enough from him. CL is where its at

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

If you look more closely, he was our most active and hungry player in this situation. He had to anticipate it and time his run to perfection. Giving Miranda a slight touch in the back to create space as he begins his run. The cross is tremendous, but Higuain wasn't just sitting idle in the box waiting for it as you claimed.
:numnum: :klin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)