Mario Mandžukić (136 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Killed almost every attack that went through him today. These kind of performances from him actually sicken me because I know he can do so much better. He gets so pre-occupied doing all the niggly things and tactical battle that when the ball comes to him he looks like someone playing for the Dog & Duck on a Sunday morning.

Jesus, so infuriating. Just pipped Khedira for my bidone tonight.
:agree:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
hate on him all you want , man is a warrior , cant change the fact.
It's nothing to do with hate, an observation. Being a warrior alone is great on a 12th century battlefield but in a football match being a warrior + decent use of the ball is a very good player, being a warrior + every pass to the opposition is a crap player. I've seen 4-5 games like that from him this season, although most not as bad as tonight.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Killed almost every attack that went through him today. These kind of performances from him actually sicken me because I know he can do so much better. He gets so pre-occupied doing all the niggly things and tactical battle that when the ball comes to him he looks like someone playing for the Dog & Duck on a Sunday morning.

Jesus, so infuriating. Just pipped Khedira for my bidone tonight.
When Sandro is so underwhelming it makes it that more painful to watch our attacks on the left.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
hate on him all you want , man is a warrior , cant change the fact.
He is a warrior, and so is Sturaro. Unfortunately, for a club of our size and stature, workrate alone is not good enough to warrant a spot on the team.

Costa and Berna should start against Tottenham. Knowing Max though, it’s not going to happen.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
He is a warrior, and so is Sturaro. Unfortunately, for a club of our size and stature, workrate alone is not good enough to warrant a spot on the team.

Costa and Berna should start against Tottenham. Knowing Max though, it’s not going to happen.
Yah they should , in my opinion we should go with 2 strikers because its gonna be hard against tottenham.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
He was shit today agreed but imo he is human too. He is to important for us to be removed from the first eleven. I can see that happening but from next season not now. Plus Allegri said he is considering changing formation so...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Mandzukic will start that game when fit because Allegri and those who aren't biased know what Mandzukic can do when his head is in the game, and in some games he's unplayable, a virtual side of the pitch to himself. But like Allegri said before, when Mario thinks the game is not the most important one he switches off.

May 23, 2013
Mandzukic is obviously much better.

But the point is that workrate by itself is not good enough to warrant a spot in the team.

What does Mandzukic offer on the ball compared to Costa, for instance?
Of course Mandzukic is not as talented on the ball like Costa. However when Mandzukic is on his game he dominates the entire left side like vs Barca last year.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Mandzukic is obviously much better.

But the point is that workrate by itself is not good enough to warrant a spot in the team.

What does Mandzukic offer on the ball compared to Costa, for instance?
He didn't play well today, but if I had to bet on a player being clutch against Spurs between Higgy and him, I'd bet on Mandzukic

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
IMO, what he did last season was unreal and unreplicable.
It was a combination of inspiration + the higuain factor. He was not goIng to accept to get benched at any cost, so he did the unthinkable and adapted to a new role even when not having the physical frame for it, and he excelled at it with pure sheer will.

Now, i see that he doesnt have the same drive that made him so unique in that position. He is not bad, but he doesnt have that unreal workrate from last season...
It seems like he loweered a couple gears, being in his comfort zone already and seeing higuain not as a tread anymore, because he will be starter no matter what even with higuain being a starter

Or maybe age is getting him for that role. I mean, he is not old, but lets be honest... he has todo double the effort a normal winger woould do, since he has the body of a battling CF, but he is forced to play the position of a tireless speedster.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
One of his worst performances in our shirt. Looked exhausted just some he dod around this time last year. He is our weak link in the team along with RB.

- - - Updated - - -

It's nothing to do with hate, an observation. Being a warrior alone is great on a 12th century battlefield but in a football match being a warrior + decent use of the ball is a very good player, being a warrior + every pass to the opposition is a crap player. I've seen 4-5 games like that from him this season, although most not as bad as tonight.
Agreed. His defensive work isnt enough atm. We play like we are a man down at times. Id rather a natyrally defensive player there with better passing or just play a winger. Bern and Costa on the wings could be interesting but might not be enough cover now that Matuidi is injured. Marchisio has been amazing and Bentancur was great too i would trust them but Allegri may not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)