Mario Mandžukić (41 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's rumored Spurs will go 343 and I think a lot of Mario's advantages disappear when he's dueling a CB instead of a fullback, maybe we should play a more light version. Then again, Mandžukič lives for big games and he has big CL knockout experience, not sure we can afford to leave him out, he'll probably score if we play him.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He wasn't as efficient as his usual self lately but i am convinced that Mario needs/has to start on tuesday regardless of what formation Spurs gonna use...

In our case, especially with Matuidi out, he will surely have some extra responsibility in the defensive phase because atm he is the only one from our atack who can efficiently sacrifice hisself and compensate for his loss, nonetheless i have little to no doubt that his strength in the air and ability to bully opposite defenders will prove to be crucial in this tie. :tup:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
If Berna or Dybala put in this kind of no-show this forum would have murdered them.

But of course, because Mandzu helps defend, it’s perfectly acceptable for him to contribute zero in attack.

He’s not a winger, simple as. Hard work alone does not make you a winger.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
no, he didn't. mandzu played a 5 on a scale of 10.
khedira: 3,5
the only times I saw him upfront was either losing a ball, being offside or missing that great header chance. no way it's a 5, that was not a simple sub-par performance. at times it was hard to understand what position is he actually supposed to play, was he a LW, a SS, a CF? to me seemed like a passenger

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yes it was bad game from him but he also played with injury and we suffered cause Dybala and Cuadrado were already out.
Otherwise we could have taken him off, moved Costa left and played Cuads right or Dybala central.

Instead we could bring on Sturaro and Benta from bench.

But it also starts from Matuidi injury. Berna could have played his natural position then not CM. Also Matuidi would have added that physical side which might have stopped Tottenham bossing the midfield.

Schteinhord

Feb 10, 2011
Not sure who was worse between him and Khedira. never expected this from him, terrible game
I believe Khedira was the worst. He didnt manage to do something. There was one sequence where Dembele ran past him, which Khedira responded with sitting DOWN. Wtf is that?

But if Allegri prefer Mandzu to play as a wing back, please do a 5-3-2 then. Yikes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)