Mario Mandžukić (145 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Maybe you're telling the truth, but I don't hear many lawyers saying they love their work. You could find other forums for debating, but whatever.
You have big differences between lawyers and the cases they do. I do criminal law and insurance law (which in Belgium is mostly about who is responsible for what damage) and I quite enjoy myself. Again, I'd make more money if I'd be doing tax law or something.

- - - Updated - - -

If he did like hernanes he at least gave it everything he could, tested himself at the highest level. Witzel will never see how he could perform at the highest level, and will regret it later in life. Money cant fix his pussy mind
Exactly. And it's going to hurt him mentally. In the end your mind is all you've got, but for some reason people refuse to realise this.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Read again. Where did I say there is no need for money?
You didn't.

You have big differences between lawyers and the cases they do. I do criminal law and insurance law (which in Belgium is mostly about who is responsible for what damage) and I quite enjoy myself. Again, I'd make more money if I'd be doing tax law or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. And it's going to hurt him mentally. In the end your mind is all you've got, but for some reason people refuse to realise this.
:tup:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
That's the thing. It doesn't. Unless you're talking small start up biotech companies, drug research costs billions, not millions. So on the one hand you have small biotech companies, often working with just a couple of million dollars, on the other you have big pharma, working with billions. Witsel's extra 50m means nothing either way.
seriously? because medical research is very costly now there is no difference between 30m and 80m? again, there are other things in life.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If he did like hernanes he at least gave it everything he could, tested himself at the highest level. Witzel will never see how he could perform at the highest level, and will regret it later in life. Money cant fix his pussy mind
and that test at the highest level is worth tens of millions? I'm not saying it wasn't a difficult choice for him, but of course it's understandable he went for that crazy amount of money and it doesn't make him a pussy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
seriously? because medical research is very costly now there is no difference between 30m and 80m? again, there are other things in life.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/cost-to-develop-new-pharmaceutical-drug-now-exceeds-2-5b/

You 2.5 billion $ to develop a new drug.

Sure, 80m is closer to 2.5 billion than 30m. But if you're somehow able to turn 80m into 2.5 billion, I'm quite confident you could turn 30m into 2.5 billion as well.

Yup, there are many great things you can do for society with that extra 50m.
Yeah..

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
and that test at the highest level is worth tens of millions? I'm not saying it wasn't a difficult choice for him, but of course it's understandable he went for that crazy amount of money
He has and would have a crazy amount of money here too. Thank god most athlets are more obsessed with becoming the best they could be in their sport, and not money, like witzel. Its a small wonder he even became an athlet and not started working on macdonalds when he was young, as obsessed he is about money.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

Yea that's also a key factor, back when I first started medicine in '13 I wanted to go for the most ambitious thing and the field I love, which is neurosurgery. However, I'm generally a very lazy person and neurosurgery would mean at least 10 more tough years for me before it reaps good benefits, hence why i started considering plastic surgery, much easier and in a shorter time period I can have my own clinic and an easier life.

Of course Id be giving up my ambitions, but on the other hand if I choose neurosurgery and am not happy, then what's the point?

Same could be applied to Witsel, he may have had a strong passion for football, but the amazing offer of 20m + an easy life was too tempting for him.

In the end what matters is it was his choice and he'll have the rewards and consequences to deal with on his own, or maybe even regrets.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Maybe... but you were talking about the greed of someone to accept a pay jump from 30 to 80, and that I see the world as a one dimensional black and white place. Maybe it's you that does.
Dude. It's Witsel. And he already got all the money he needed to help his relatives in 2012. Or at least that's what he said back then.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/cost-to-develop-new-pharmaceutical-drug-now-exceeds-2-5b/

You 2.5 billion $ to develop a new drug.

Sure, 80m is closer to 2.5 billion than 30m. But if you're somehow able to turn 80m into 2.5 billion, I'm quite confident you could turn 30m into 2.5 billion as well.
I had an idea about how much it costs because I work in a related field but thanks anyway.
I'm just saying that uncured diseases isn't the only problem in this world, you make it sound like you can't help anyone if you don't develop a new drug.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I had an idea about how much it costs because I work in a related field but thanks anyway.
I'm just saying that uncured diseases isn't the only problem in this world, you make it sound like you can't help anyone if you don't develop a new drug.
I'm using it as an example to show you why 80m is not a significant upgrade over 30m.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I'm using it as an example to show you why 80m is not a significant upgrade over 30m.
ok, and here's an example how it can be.
with 50m you can build 100 high quality artificial pitches that make enough money yearly to support 100 small football schools allowing thousands of kids every year play footie even if their parents can't pay for it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ok, and here's an example how it can be.
with 50m you can build 100 high quality artificial pitches that make enough money yearly to support 100 small football schools allowing thousands of kids every year play footie even if their parents can't pay for it.
Sure. If that's what Witsel is going to do with the 50 extra million, great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 142)