Mario Mandžukić (15 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
CalcioMercato have exclusively learnt that Juventus star Mario Mandzukic wants a Premier League move, but Massimiliano Allegri is desperate to keep him at the club.

Mandzukic has been quite a success at Juventus since he joined the club from Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2015. This season, the 32-year-old Croatian scored five times and assisted thrice in 32 Serie A appearances while playing wide on the left flank.

CalcioMercato's Fabrizio Romano can exclusively reveal that while Mandzukic is yearning to seal a move to the Premier League, Allegri wants to make him an even more important part of his side next season.

Allegri has promised Mandzukic about more playing time as a striker next season, but the player is inclined towards leaving the club not for a challenge like that of a Chinese club but to the Premier League.

The Croatian can ask to leave the Turin side soon, with Jose Mourinho interested in taking him to Manchester United. He will only leave though, if the right offer arrives.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
We should sell him for good money to some EPL club if we can...now is last moment to get some money for him. He ain't getting any younger.. :moan:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Let's face it. Serie A is shit, and we are unlikely to win the CL anytime soon. We're the ultimate chokers in Europe's Elite competition, and after winning Serie A 7 seasons in a row, with Mandzukic being a member of 3 consecutive doubles (Serie A and Coppa), I can understand his desire for a new challenge.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
We don't mind selling players who are about to hit their best years, but when it comes to a 32yo who was shit in 90% of the games last season, nein he must be kept at all costs.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Yeah but I doubt they are right. It's because most football managers and spectators connect strengths like 'working hard', running a lot and showing passion with being a great player. However, the greats of football history like Zidane, Iniesta, Del Piero, Totti and Maradona weren't known to be 'hard workers' though..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
“I’d want a centre-forward if he does leave[referencing Higuain], and then [Mario] Mandzukic won’t play on the wing next year, he’ll return to centre-forward.”
~Max Allegri

Looks like he is gonna stay and only as a striker :delpiero:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Interesting to see if he'll accept the 'back-up' CF role, guess we will find out after the World Cup, i'd definitely woudn't mind keeping him around if that's the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)