Mario Mandžukić (68 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I mean Im not really sure where to start. Ill give you the headlines and you can.tell me which youd like me to expand on.

-Mandzukic is $#@!ing miles ahead of Morata and dont even ask about Zaza.
-Mario has been our most important player this year
-Your price for him is laughably low
-Our three top forwards seem happy with their game minutes
-We are top of Serie A, won our CL group and hsve a good last 16 draw

Enviado desde mi LT30p mediante Tapatalk
That post gave me cancer.

For me Morata is the better player and he is 7 years younger. Morata is a one man army in the big European matches, and thats what we need.

Just no. Alex Sandro has been the most important player this year. Then comes Higuain. We are halfway through the season and He scored like 6 goals in all competitions as a CF this year, how could he be the most important player. The first 2 months of the season everybody wanted him on the bench or sold. He has a couple of months were hes been very good, and now everybody is calling him invaluable, how fast everybody forgets.

You think he is worth more than 20 mio. Maybe you could tell me which 31 year old player have been sold for 20 mio+. You really think somebody is going to pay 40 mio, giving 7 mio in wages for someone who has 2-3 years of top football in him, with zero resale value.

He bitched of getting substituted against Torino. Lets see how happy he will be sitting on the bench in the big CL games in spring.

I dont know how to respond to the last statement. I dont see what it has to do with what i wrote.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Should have judged the new logo

"Mr No good"
@dolph you're off the hook :p

- - - Updated - - -

@bianonero81 and @dolph sorry, I completely forgot to write a reply to you.

It's just that we're doing well (last game excepted) this year, and I don't see why we should be thinking of selling somebody like Mandzukic in order to sign Morata or Zaza? Why go backwards when we have a guy who is doing everything for the team and is providing goals and assists on top of that? He is considered a top level footballer. The argument shouldn't be '20m is all we can get for him', it should be 'We're not interested in selling him'.

Alex Sandro and Higuain are the other two I'd put up with Mandzukic. I love the intangible quality of encouragement that Mario's hard work has on the crowd and then filters down to the players on the pitch, though. For that reason I give him the edge.

Sorry about the cancer, Dolph. Maybe next time....you know what, winding people up on internet forums is so 1997 so I'm not even going to bother :D

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
@dolph you're off the hook :p

- - - Updated - - -

@bianonero81 and @dolph sorry, I completely forgot to write a reply to you.

It's just that we're doing well (last game excepted) this year, and I don't see why we should be thinking of selling somebody like Mandzukic in order to sign Morata or Zaza? Why go backwards when we have a guy who is doing everything for the team and is providing goals and assists on top of that? He is considered a top level footballer. The argument shouldn't be '20m is all we can get for him', it should be 'We're not interested in selling him'.

Alex Sandro and Higuain are the other two I'd put up with Mandzukic. I love the intangible quality of encouragement that Mario's hard work has on the crowd and then filters down to the players on the pitch, though. For that reason I give him the edge.

Sorry about the cancer, Dolph. Maybe next time....you know what, winding people up on internet forums is so 1997 so I'm not even going to bother :D
Ok well difference of opinion I guess.

For me Mandzu is an expendable part of the team as we already have two forwards who are better than him. At the same time he is entering the last part of hes carrier so If we are going to cash in on him it has to be now as he will be worth close to zero in a year or two.

In the transfersection I hear people wanting Veratti, Tolisso, Dahoud, Vidal etc. To reinforce our sorry ass midfield, but at the same time nobody is willing to sell any of our players that have any value. But guess what if we are not willing to sacrifice anybody, we are going to end up with the Rincons of the world. I would much rather sell someone like Mandzu to raise funds than a Dybala, Alex Sandro, Rugani, Bonucci.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
While he is expendable I'd rather we hold on to him for now. That being said, I'd gladly let go of Mandzukic for Morata in the summer (who wouldn't). Keep in mind though that Morata is a work in progress and his mentality is very weak from what we saw, if he were to come here and we helped him with that aspect, there's no limits to what he can achieve. Meanwhile, Mandzukic seems like a tough player mentally but his abilities are limited, he will give his all for the team as we saw in this year's game though.

In the end though, I doubt Madrid would want to let go of him. He's got a bright future and that buy-back clause was nothing sort of genius by them.

Jun 6, 2015

For me Mandzu is an expendable part of the team as we already have two forwards who are better than him. At the same time he is entering the last part of hes carrier so If we are going to cash in on him it has to be now as he will be worth close to zero in a year or two.

In the transfersection I hear people wanting Veratti, Tolisso, Dahoud, Vidal etc. To reinforce our sorry ass midfield, but at the same time nobody is willing to sell any of our players that have any value. But guess what if we are not willing to sacrifice anybody, we are going to end up with the Rincons of the world. I would much rather sell someone like Mandzu to raise funds than a Dybala, Alex Sandro, Rugani, Bonucci.
We have money and a team playing two upfront needs more than two really good players for those positions. At the moment we have three but I would prefer us to have four.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

The thing is we're reluctant to go into a new 'cycle' such as we did in Conte's first year. That would mean buying players with huge potential right on the brink of bursting onto the world scene. However in the past two years we have bought guys like Higuain, Khedira , Pjanic and Mandzukic who are in their prime to go with Dybala, Rugani and co.

It's not really panning out though is it? We're stuck in a kind of limbo where our prime players aren't quite good enough to make up the defecit left by those still a year or two away from their potential. Add in some injuries and we are definitely weaker than two seasons ago.

But such is life, Beppe's luck had to run low at some point.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
We have money and a team playing two upfront needs more than two really good players for those positions. At the moment we have three but I would prefer us to have four.
We have money, but we dont have money to buy 2 starting CMs and just get rid of scrups like Asa or Nanes who will probably go for something like 5-10 mio for the both of them.

I would prefer to keep Mandzu as well, but I would rather downgrade a little on the Back CF position, and get 2 starting level CM, than keep the CF position, only get one CM and play Khedira or Sturaro as a starter.
And the fourth attacker is Pjaca. No need to buy anymore attackers unless its a guy who can play AM as well.

Jun 6, 2015
We have money, but we dont have money to buy 2 starting CMs and just get rid of scrups like Asa or Nanes who will probably go for something like 5-10 mio for the both of them.

I would prefer to keep Mandzu as well, but I would rather downgrade a little on the Back CF position, and get 2 starting level CM, than keep the CF position, only get one CM and play Khedira or Sturaro as a starter.
And the fourth attacker is Pjaca. No need to buy anymore attackers unless its a guy who can play AM as well.
I don't think we need two starting level CMs. One really good one and then perhaps one younger promising one for rotation would be enough imo but these are small differences anyways. Let's see what our management has in mind when the summer comes.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I don't think we need two starting level CMs. One really good one and then perhaps one younger promising one for rotation would be enough imo but these are small differences anyways. Let's see what our management has in mind when the summer comes.

Its happening babbbyyyy :tuttosport:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:tup:

Creative SS who's fine with rotating with Dybala would be nice, perhaps too much to ask right now. Hopefully Berardi can be that.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But you want us to buy Berardi, who is more of a winger than Pjaca and turn him into an SS?
Berardi is a winger but has natural instincts to grow to play central because he is mainly about smart movement, good decision making and finishing ability (that's how he scored most of his open play goals, show up where he is needed like a poacher, there's a reason he is compared to Muller). Only thing he would lose out a bit om is his great crossing ability in more central role.

Seen him play SS in azzurrini and he is quite clever player even if it would take time for time to make it his own outside the wing. But the dude is entirely about being a deceptive threat cutting in or off the ball movement, so I could see him it becoming his future role at some point, even if we sign him we should rather play him in attacking trio instead.

Pjaca is whole another thing, he is mobile excellent dribbler, but I don't see much instincts to become a central forward, his main assets seem to be more about running with the ball and see what happens. Natural winger /direct AM type then box presence.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Berardi is a winger but has natural instincts to grow to play central because he is mainly about smart movement, good decision making and finishing ability (that's how he scored most of his open play goals, show up where he is needed like a poacher, there's a reason he is compared to Muller). Only thing he would lose out a bit om is his great crossing ability in more central role.

Seen him play SS in azzurrini and he is quite clever player even if it would take time for time to make it his own outside the wing. But the dude is entirely about being a deceptive threat cutting in or off the ball movement, so I could see him it becoming his future role at some point, even if we sign him we should rather play him in attacking trio instead.

Pjaca is whole another thing, he is mobile excellent dribbler, but I don't see much instincts to become a central forward, his main assets seem to be more about running with the ball and see what happens. Natural winger /direct AM type then box presence.

I agree that Berardi could be a good SS or even a good CF if he developed some muscle.

However I think Pjaca would do just fine as an SS. He has the technic to play in small spaces, the strengt to play with hes back to the goal, and the vision to be a creative force in the middle of the pitch. He would be better as an AM or a LWF/RWF but he would do just fine as a backup SS.

Both Berardi and Pjaca would do better in a trident though, and I know you dont agree with me but I think Dybala would as well. We should definely be working towards using a trident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)