Mario Mandžukić - ST - Atletico Madrid (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But if we dont get that trequartista, which we probably wont, I will worry for our attacks makeup with this signing. Mandzukic is not what we need to type of player wise even if he is very good. We lack the kind of set up and players that suits him best (wing and direct creative style), noattacking creative midfielders and have very average fullbacks offensively. So in essence, who is supposed to create chances for him? Thats why it has worked with Tevez and Morata, they are the kind of attackers who generally make their own plays and initiate moves, dont need to completely rely on the service and attacking strategy of the team as much.

Thats why Mandzukic did so well for Bayern, besides working his ass off off the ball, he played with 3-4 attacking midfielders and fullbacks (top class wingers, plus creative mid, top offensive fullbacks) that played off him and feed him chances, plus plays in a way that makes those around him get tons of space and makes them better.

Even if he was menace to face too in Atletico, it was clear in those games that he isnt someone who is suited to play as isolated as he was with their more conservative approach forward, they rarely attacked in numbers and played very centralized dug in style mainly, for his qualities thats too limited. Was clear to see, besides occasional crosses /long balls, he didnt have much to work with, since he is not someone who will create danger on his own. Griezmann, just like Muller/Robben/Ribery used to be, was the benificiary in that Atletico attack when it was going hard, due to playing off him, he is great at creating space for others that scores, but other then that, he needs the kind of service I dont think we as a team can provide for him to thrive (in fact we are possibly worse then Atletico at this since they are more used to going to the wings to cross then we are). Tho I can see someone like Dybala or potentially Berardi thriving playing off a menacing Manzukic, but just not sure he will score enough goals with us with his skillset contra our playing style/lack of creative or wing oriented attacking patterns.

So in essence, my feeling of this season relies completely on how we will approach the market for AM/creative solutions. And most importantly, if Dybala/Morata and our predictably centralized midfield will be up to the task to create plays for him consistently enough.
:tup: my thoughts exactly

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
can mario and morata click? anyways for 15 mil it's not too bad
For 15m its a great deal, considering you get likes of Ogbonna, Zaza and Pereyra for such sums.

But wether they can click playing style wise, thats the 15m dollar question :p And why I dont get this signing. Morata has this knack to get into habit of just trying to run with the ball and shoot on his own, or at either times just try to pass others and nothing else, he doesnt seemed to have a mixed and varied overall gameplan and style he can stick to, so not sure he would fit as pure SS playing off a very powerful and mobile targetman like Mandzukic, instead of just remaining the main box striker as he has grown to be, less demanding role for him that may.

Overall questionable signing tactic wise since might be a huge mismatch for sure. I'm more corious of how Dybala will fit with either Morata or Mandzukic though, he is most likely to thrive playing with both big time, for different reasons, especially with Mandzukic, looks like kind of tricky all around SS that could wreck havoc with someone with the characteristics of the big Croat.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
@Osman I looked up Uppsala on google images seems pretty quaint. Is it pretty boring over there as well? Looks nice btw a lot of peeps over here in the states are very close minded about anything beyond our borders.

- - - Updated - - -

Closest I could get to Sweden is IKEA :D and my Ibrahimovic Bun

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Osman I looked up Uppsala on google images seems pretty quaint. Is it pretty boring over there as well? Looks nice btw a lot of peeps over here in the states are very close minded about anything beyond our borders.
Random post :D Unless you are planning a trip? But its a nice little University and mini historical town, quite green and outdoorsy city, quite small (or "big" for sweden, 200-300k population, 4th biggiest in the country), so can be bit boring to live here full time, but not necessarily to visit. But if you want more, you have the metropolitican capital Stockholm just 30-40 minutes away.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If he comes he will do well being supported by Berardi & Dybala. We have seen what Berardi can do for Zaza no imagine what he would do for a much better striker like Mandzukic or Morata. Those two SS's are all about the assists and killer passes.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
People are acting like Mandzukic is too robotic to gel in here. We know his defensive duties will help. His offensive capabilities will be unleashed by our two SS's. I can't wait to finally have some crosses put into the box with someone capable at the other end.

Like I said, Zaza has had a lot of goals gifted to him by service from Berardi, now imagine what Mandzukic could do here.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I would rather see this guy in Juve shirt then Dzeko for instance. Also, he is better then Llorente.

Mandzukic, with his never-die attitude, is perfect for our traditional fighting spirit but I think one of the reasons Allegri wants him is because of his great defensive contributions and pressing upfront.

No need to tell this guy dai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)