Mario Mandžukić - ST - Atletico Madrid (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
You said the best, which they weren't, but fine -- let's say it's a big reputation.

Bonucci had no reputation. He was being compared with Ranocchia. Barzagli was not wanted by many clubs when he left Palermo. Pogba was just a rough gem. I'll give you Vidal. Morata as well was just a name on the paper as he barely even played for Real.

Mandzukic has a higher reputation than majority in the list. He played for Wolfsburg, Bayern and Atletico. And he was good in all those clubs too.

Our transfer policy is to chase talent and good players while pulling the best out of there. We're not signing proven WC players nor we will any time soon.
You're wasting your time with this :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He's a pain in the ass for defenders, an upgrade over Nando and hopefully we get that ¾ista for :allegri:
But if we dont get that trequartista, which we probably wont, I will worry for our attacks makeup with this signing. Mandzukic is not what we need to type of player wise even if he is very good. We lack the kind of set up and players that suits him best (wing and direct creative style), noattacking creative midfielders and have very average fullbacks offensively. So in essence, who is supposed to create chances for him? Thats why it has worked with Tevez and Morata, they are the kind of attackers who generally make their own plays and initiate moves, dont need to completely rely on the service and attacking strategy of the team as much.

Thats why Mandzukic did so well for Bayern, besides working his ass off off the ball, he played with 3-4 attacking midfielders and fullbacks (top class wingers, plus creative mid, top offensive fullbacks) that played off him and feed him chances, plus plays in a way that makes those around him get tons of space and makes them better.

Even if he was menace to face too in Atletico, it was clear in those games that he isnt someone who is suited to play as isolated as he was with their more conservative approach forward, they rarely attacked in numbers and played very centralized dug in style mainly, for his qualities thats too limited. Was clear to see, besides occasional crosses /long balls, he didnt have much to work with, since he is not someone who will create danger on his own. Griezmann, just like Muller/Robben/Ribery used to be, was the benificiary in that Atletico attack when it was going hard, due to playing off him, he is great at creating space for others that scores, but other then that, he needs the kind of service I dont think we as a team can provide for him to thrive (in fact we are possibly worse then Atletico at this since they are more used to going to the wings to cross then we are). Tho I can see someone like Dybala or potentially Berardi thriving playing off a menacing Manzukic, but just not sure he will score enough goals with us with his skillset contra our playing style/lack of creative or wing oriented attacking patterns.

So in essence, my feeling of this season relies completely on how we will approach the market for AM/creative solutions. And most importantly, if Dybala/Morata and our predictably centralized midfield will be up to the task to create plays for him consistently enough.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
But if we dont get that trequartista, which we probably wont, I will worry for our attacks makeup with this signing. Mandzukic is not what we need to type of player wise even if he is very good. We lack the kind of set up and players that suits him best (wing and direct creative style), noattacking creative midfielders and have very average fullbacks offensively. So in essence, who is supposed to create chances for him? Thats why it has worked with Tevez and Morata, they are the kind of attackers who generally make their own plays and initiate moves, dont need to completely rely on the service and attacking strategy of the team as much.

Thats why Mandzukic did so well for Bayern, besides working his ass off off the ball, he played with 3-4 attacking midfielders and fullbacks (top class wingers, plus creative mid, top offensive fullbacks) that played off him and feed him chances, plus plays in a way that makes those around him get tons of space and makes them better.

Even if he was menace to face too in Atletico, it was clear in those games that he isnt someone who is suited to play as isolated as he was with their more conservative approach forward, they rarely attacked in numbers and played very centralized dug in style mainly, for his qualities thats too limited. Was clear to see, besides occasional crosses /long balls, he didnt have much to work with, since he is not someone who will create danger on his own. Griezmann, just like Muller/Robben/Ribery used to be, was the benificiary in that Atletico attack when it was going hard, due to playing off him, he is great at creating space for others that scores, but other then that, he needs the kind of service I dont think we as a team can provide for him to thrive (in fact we are possibly worse then Atletico at this since they are more used to going to the wings to cross then we are). Tho I can see someone like Dybala or potentially Berardi thriving playing off a menacing Manzukic, but just not sure he will score enough goals with us with his skillset contra our playing style/lack of creative or wing oriented attacking patterns.

So in essence, my feeling of this season relies completely on how we will approach the market for AM/creative solutions. And most importantly, if Dybala/Morata and our predictably centralized midfield will be up to the task to create plays for him consistently enough.
Yep. If we don't sign a good AM or 2 offensive fullbacks, we'll have trouble this season.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Morata - Dybala - Berardi - Zaza - Coman

We don't need a new striker even when both Tevez and Llorente leave. Whoever came up with this guy as replacement is a thief.

Is it :beppe: or :allegri: ?
Aside from Morata, there is not one single ounce of CL experience in that bunch.

Mandzukic provides that and then some. The guy has performed well in Europe

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
No logic what so ever, committing 30 mil on two bench players seems stupid to me.

- - - Updated - - -

We have Morata who plays the same position, and we already spent 15 mil on his backup ( Zaza) so do you want us to drop Morata for Mandzukich or you want us to play a partnership of Morata-Mandzu ??
I honestly believe that morata-Mandzukic partnership would work very well, specially with Dybala or Pereyra behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! WC Tevez leaves, below average striker arrives!
Seven pls

- - - Updated - - -

I know. I'm a Juventus fan. We don't need Mandzukic. We need the best.
We can't even afford Falcao bro and almost no one wants him. We too poor gotta accept it. And besides this team could use a bit of grit after tevez leaves

- - - Updated - - -

And soren hates him so that's another plus too!!

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I disagree completely. Pogba came with a huge reputation. Any club in Europe would have wanted him. Bonucci might indeed not have been the best, but was seen as a talent as well. Barzagli was obviously good enough to play for Juventus and was also a World Cup and Bundesliga winner. I had seen Morata play for Real in the CL and even looked up YouTube videos of the guy because I thought he looked very good. Sure, it's a bit of a gamble, but he's a guy who managed to play for Real Madrid as a youth product.
Wrong.

Pogba came to Juventus, not with a huge reputation. Quite the opposite.

When there was speculation linking Paul Pogba to the club, there were large numbers on this forum - some generally very knowledgeable - who had little or no idea as to how good he was at that time.

In the season which ended his Manchester United career, his playing time was abysmally low. Often coming on from the bench for the last 15 minutes, he showed glimpses only of what his potential might be. The club believed he had potential but clearly not the kind that has seen him become one of the most sought after players in Europe in the last few years. Indeed, Ferguson assured the board that, despite his latent potential, he would not stand in his way from moving to a club with guaranteed game time.

Retreading the forum from 3 years ago many on here were totally unaware of his skills and accepted the trust and faith in the directors making the right decision.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
What exactly is it that people don't like about Mandzukic? I remember his days at Bayern and I thought he was fairly impressive. Really strong player than can hold the ball, was a good finisher, was good in the air. We do need that sort of player for our flexibility. Someone like Llorente but better and more consistent. There were times when we subbed Llorente on when things weren't going our way and he changed the momentum of the match with his physicality.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
What exactly is it that people don't like about Mandzukic? I remember his days at Bayern and I thought he was fairly impressive. Really strong player than can hold the ball, was a good finisher, was good in the air. We do need that sort of player for our flexibility. Someone like Llorente but better and more consistent. There were times when we subbed Llorente on when things weren't going our way and he changed the momentum of the match with his physicality.
They just mad that he isn't some italian pretty boy or some flair and fancy player.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008

Berardi and Dybala can surely create.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why dont you ease off with the arrogant confident act? You worn it out for months now. The charade of an attitude didnt work for you with the CL stuff anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Berardi and Dybala can surely create.
They wont play together the same time, plus inexperienced and will be inconistent at times. We had issues of looking stale and predictable even with a sure fire Tevez that did almost most things on his own upfront, now without him our lacking creative and attacking options from fullbacks, midfield to now attack quality will look even more exposed most likely.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Wait i thought Mandukzic was a quality player i dont understand why we wouldnt want him here he done realy well for argubaly better teams.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I disagree completely. Pogba came with a huge reputation. Any club in Europe would have wanted him. Bonucci might indeed not have been the best, but was seen as a talent as well. Barzagli was obviously good enough to play for Juventus and was also a World Cup and Bundesliga winner. I had seen Morata play for Real in the CL and even looked up YouTube videos of the guy because I thought he looked very good. Sure, it's a bit of a gamble, but he's a guy who managed to play for Real Madrid as a youth product.
Thats a load of bullshit.

I'm sure you didnt have these opinions of them back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)