Mario Lemina (5 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I thought Allegri only played all those together because of his limited options. I don't agree that he just prefers all muscle/workrate midfields, I think he wants a mix of flair and muscle. But anyway, the midfield combination you posted worked quite well for him for at least a season (when they had Ibra saving their asses too)
Well yeah Ibra is a one man team. He was goal scorer and creator. He made nocerino look like a beast.

- - - Updated - - -

Well yeah Ibra is a one man team. He was goal scorer and creator. He made nocerino look like a beast.

About the lack of options. Even at full fitness Juve has one distributor in Marchisio and he performed at the adequate level in that role only last season (by far the best of his career). Not only are we betting on him remaining in last year's form (as opposed to any other season in his career except 2011), but also marchisio is one player and so if he is injured (which he is) we are reduced to an all muscle midfield and no distribution. Khedira is not a distributor.

Look up Pirlo's stats (or Marchisio from last season), specifically how many times he touched the ball in the match, how many passes he made and the distance he covered per game and compare it any other player in the squad be it Pogba, or Vidal in any of the past seasons. You'll see how important a distributor is to the team. 1 distributor, especially if its Marchisio and not someone who regularly played this role at the top level, is madness.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
who said he did anything wrong? I said the rest of his game is average besides his defensive abilities.
Based on yesterday's game? Specifically how? His passing was on point, seemed real capable on the ball occasionally dribbling past a few. Main thing is he seems not to want to have the ball much, kinda shy or reserved about getting it too much.

OP
Bianconero_Aus

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #387
    He was probably our 2nd best player last night. Good performance once again. He's definitely a must to start in Naples, we lack tough, street smart fighters who are also good on the ball.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    He was probably our 2nd best player last night. Good performance once again. He's definitely a must to start in Naples, we lack tough, street smart fighters who are also good on the ball.
    He got MOM from me. But as Osman said, had he kept the ball a bit it would have spread calm in the team instead of the hasty attacks.

OP
    Bianconero_Aus

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #389
    He got MOM from me. But as Osman said, had he kept the ball a bit it would have spread calm in the team instead of the hasty attacks.
    :tup: he will definitely learn that in time. Does he remind you a bit of Vidal/Nainngolan in the way he chases down opponents and hustles the opposition? He gives me those vibes

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    :tup: he will definitely learn that in time. Does he remind you a bit of Vidal/Nainngolan in the way he chases down opponents and hustles the opposition? He gives me those vibes
    I don't like to compare players in that manner. Palladingo reminded many of Del Piero, no?

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    he needs to work on his positioning when in possesion. it's garabge with is odd for a dm, considering how excellent he is been when opponents have possession. reminds me of pogba's first season.

maybe he is cut out to be a box to box as opposed to sitting as the dm, but he needs to show he can move well off the ball first.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
    Seems to be a fantastic signing. He totally bossed the midfield yesterday. It will be interesting to see more. Allegri preferes to have a hard tackling midfielder as a CM who can pass the ball as well. This guy seems to be a perfect fit.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
    Sep 29, 2008
    Was our best player yesterday in my books. At the moment I like the fact that he is just keeping everything simple and avoiding mistakes. :tup:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    He played good as a defensive midfielder against two teams who were passive and constructed one attack combined for 180 minutes. His real value will show in games like the one against Napoli at the San Paolo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)