Mario Lemina (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Sturaro is so over rated. People are so desperate to see him explode because he is young and Italian, but he is going to be a poor imitation of Gattuso fused with De Rossi.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i like sturaro but seriously. are you guys comparing the two players? lemina has serious potential to be top class player.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Went to some french marseille forums to see what they think about this guy.

No one is denying his talent, he's strong, agressive and his presence is felt in the midfield, he's technique is not bad, he also played as CB under Bielsa.

The negatives is that he's hot head,undisciplined and quite unconsistent, he was seen as big talent when OM got him from Lorient but he didn't impose himself as of yet.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Anyone is automatically better than Sturaro because he already plays for us and we're all having a good old whine.

Kid looks decent though, very combative and tough tackling. Vidal replacement?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think it's a move that is a bit surprising to be honest.

When he was bought from Lorient there was a lot of hype surrounding him, as he had shown real glimpses of quality there. The commotion was mostly because Christian Gourcuff who was the Lorient manager at the time, and a coach who has been renowned to develop young players (Gignac, Koscielny, Gameiro, Jallet all played for Gourcuff in early stages of their careers and he gets a lot of credit for developing them) had been extremely incensed at the management for selling Lemina to Marseille at the end of the mercato and for a small sum. Gourcuff thought very highly of him. He didn't break into the Marseille side though, so he probably didn't do as well as he was expected to.

That being said, he does look a decent prospect. Defensively he is very good; he’s more the energetic type than the disciplined one, but he’s an excellent tackler, really strong presence in the middle of the pitch. He’s quite versatile too; last season Bielsa used him as a right wingback in a 3-5-2 formation, when L’OM had a mini injury crisis and he didn’t do too badly.
All in all a gamble for Juve, as he hasn’t really shown enough that would make one expect him to move to a club like Juve, but he’s still young and he does have ability, so it could pay off.

He
Thanks Fred :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone is automatically better than Sturaro because he already plays for us and we're all having a good old whine.

Kid looks decent though, very combative and tough tackling. Vidal replacement?
That's exactly what I'm thinking. NOT saying he is as good as Vidal but will have the same job. Hard working combatitive midfielder that is always on your tail chasing you down. Looks decent at breaking up play, also a job vidal did. Seems very tireless as well.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Went to some french marseille forums to see what they think about this guy.

No one is denying his talent, he's strong, agressive and his presence is felt in the midfield, he's technique is not bad, he also played as CB under Bielsa.

The negatives is that he's hot head,undisciplined and quite unconsistent, he was seen as big talent when OM got him from Lorient but he didn't impose himself as of yet.

That's what I've been saying all along, and that's why I was surprised by the news to be honest.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's exactly what I'm thinking. NOT saying he is as good as Vidal but will have the same job. Hard working combatitive midfielder that is always on your tail chasing you down. Looks decent at breaking up play, also a job vidal did. Seems very tireless as well.
Vidal wasn't Vidal when we signed him, although he was very good and far further developed than Lemina, who doesn't seem to have any of that offensive upside. But if we are looking at someone to break up play and move the ball he looks fine, he might even turn out very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)