mario gomez (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
If ajax doesnt win the play-offs for the CL ticket ,then they need money so they will sell the hunter for maybe 16-17 million.
Btw never heared of this player(mario Gomez) is he any good?

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
If ajax doesnt win the play-offs for the CL ticket ,then they need money so they will sell the hunter for maybe 16-17 million.
He is a good player...plays for Stuttgart and was the top scorer in Bundesliag before he got injured.
I watched some games of him...IMO he isnt special at least not now...:smoke:

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Imo Secco shouldn't even consider about signing Mario Gomez...he is way too expensive&unproven. Keep in mind that it's first season as a regular this year...he isn't anything special,we could rather keep Trezeguet then,he's a goal-machine too. But if we will buy any striker then it's got to be Huntelaar:D

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Juve Chase €25 Million Mario Gomez

Juventus look set to go on a spending spree, and target number one appears to be Stuttgart’s Mario Gomez.

zoom - galleria The ‘Old Lady’ of Italian football is on the way up again after their return to Serie A. A €101 million windfall from the stock exchange means that Juventus will have plenty of cash to spend - more than they initially thought - as they try to plot their return to glory.

Top of their list of new players is a striker because of the imminent departure of David Trezeguet for either Lyon or Valencia. The Juve management have signed Iaquinta, but need one more striker, and have been keeping tabs on Stuttgart’s Mario Gomez for months.

The striker has a very good reputation in Italy and is seen as one of Giovanni Trapattoni’s discoveries. Proof of his popularity is demonstrated by the fact that a video-stream of his best goals is shown on the homepage of the sports paper ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’.

Italian fans may be getting a sneak preview of what is to come.

Gomez himself is defensive about the current rumours: “I am a player for VfB Stuttgart. I’ve said that often enough. My advisor deals with everything else."

Stuttgart manager Horst Heldt has been quoted in an Italian newspaper as joking “Gomez is staying with us- unless we got an offer of €25 million.”

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli appears ready to offer Stuttgart exactly that price to get his man.

Manager Horst Heldt has responded by saying “I have heard of the rumours. But for us it is clear, we will not let Mario leave. It would send out the wrong signals to the rest of the team.”

Goal.com

It seems that goal.com translated an article from German football magazine "Kicker" which is usually very reliable. So there could be in fact some truth in it.

Gomez is an excellent finisher and very young. He just scores and scores and scores. He had a bad injury and didn't play for weeks, but immediately after he came back he continued to score for both Stuttgart and thenational team, although he just played as a sub due to lack of fitness. However, this is his first good season and he has no international experience. 25 millions is unrealistic in my opinion. Too much of a gamble.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
best german striker atm without any doubts.
if he would be able to play like he did last season i would take him with a handkiss but i don´t think so...
so i agree with the majority: buy huntelaar and sell trezeguet to arsenal and henry... would be fun for everyone :)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
relax people. Just because they want 25 m doesn't mean they will get it. Lyon wanted 20 million for Tiago and they got much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)